Sunday School in Chicago

IFB X-Files said:
I never went to Sunday school in Chicago, but I ate a hot dog there.

I made Sunday School in Chicago happen, at times.

The Chicago dogs are great!

I think that I would choose one of those two-fist-sized steak burritos that we used to get on our bus route, back in the day, if I were forced to choose one thing over the others.

Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
How come US Cellular Stadium/Field on the south side was so empty a week or so ago when I was traveling to the north side to watch a Divisional Playoff game?

Good one, Roach.

Thanks, Blanche.

After watching the Broncos vs. Green Bay game Sunday night I felt a little better after the earlier Vikings defeat of Chicago's beloved Bears.

I really enjoyed being a Dad to our children. Being a grandpa, now that is something pretty special too!

Matthew1323 said:
IFB X-Files said:

I think that I would choose one of those two-fist-sized steak burritos that we used to get on our bus route, back in the day, if I were forced to choose one thing over the others.

A few years ago, Shawn C. was at our house visiting and he was telling my hubby and I about those burritos.  I think those are the reason I may consider the bus ministry if I had a do-over.  :)  We were drooling.

Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
How come US Cellular Stadium/Field on the south side was so empty a week or so ago when I was traveling to the north side to watch a Divisional Playoff game?

Good one, Roach.

Thanks, Blanche.

I'm not sure if that's a compliment.  She is loud.

Wait. 

I guess it is.  :)

Matthew1323 said:
After watching the Broncos vs. Green Bay game Sunday night I felt a little better after the earlier Vikings defeat of Chicago's beloved Bears.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know fishinnut agrees!!!

Matthew1323 said:
I really enjoyed being a Dad to our children. Being a grandpa, now that is something pretty special too!

My patents say, grandkids, that's a different kind of love.

Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

I'm just a sports observer now & I don't get too caught up in personally letting a loss get under my skin anymore. But when I was coaching a sports team I asked them to get points on the board early & often. On the other side of the ball, keep the other team from doing so. That's what Denver did. The Bears did not do that, so anything could & did result.

fishinnut said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

I'm just a sports observer now & I don't get too caught up in personally letting a loss get under my skin anymore. But when I was coaching a sports team I asked them to get points on the board early & often. On the other side of the ball, keep the other team from doing so. That's what Denver did. The Bears did not do that, so anything could & did result.

Yes, to me there are many things that are more important than sports.  I must say that I do enjoy keeping up with the scores and standings of the teams that participate .  I do like attending a game or two of my favorite teams when I can. What has changed for me through the years is that now I really have a hard time feeling sorry for any of the professional millionaires that coach or play. A bad day for them is not producing statistically or losing on a given day.

Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

Good one, Roach.

Thanks, Blanche.

Wait. 

Hey, it's all in how you take things in life.  I think I remember the Blanche to which you are referring. 

Blanche also refers to white. I seem to recall how you shared in the past that you take great pride in your orthodontic hygiene. Apparently, you have pearly whites. Yes, that would be a compliment.

Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:

Good one, Roach.

Thanks, Blanche.

Wait. 

Hey, it's all in how you take things in life.  I think I remember the Blanche to which you are referring. 

Blanche also refers to white. I seem to recall how you shared in the past that you take great pride in your orthodontic hygiene. Apparently, you have pearly whites. Yes, that would be a compliment.

HAHA

Raider always said that was what he was attracted to....my toothy smile.  :)

IFB X-Files said:
Teri in NC said:
Raider always said that was what he was attracted to....my toothy smile.
RAIDER has strange tastes....

toothless_zpswxqpvo9a.jpg
Not really...
RAIDER
http://www.mandatory.com/2012/05/14/the-greatest-mug-shots-of-all-time/9

Teri in NC said:
Matthew1323 said:
IFB X-Files said:

A few years ago, Shawn C. was at our house visiting and he was telling my hubby and I about those burritos.  I think those are the reason I may consider the bus ministry if I had a do-over.  :)  We were drooling.

I would have to agree that Shawn was right about those burritos!

Bruh said:
Matthew1323 said:

My patents say, grandkids, that's a different kind of love.

Yes, I agree! 

You also get a second chance with the little ones. Hopefully, prepared with a little more knowledge and experience to share with your grandchildren.

IFB X-Files said:
Teri in NC said:
Raider always said that was what he was attracted to....my toothy smile.
RAIDER has strange tastes....

toothless_zpswxqpvo9a.jpg

That was truly merciful of this girl in the above picture to accept a date from RAIDER.  :eek:

Looks like the Bears may win again. They are leading the favored Rams 27-13 early in the 4th quarter.

What???

The Lions are leading the Packers 12-3, so far.

Carolina is closing out the Titans in Nashville to continue their undefeated season.

This has been the HACker NFL update for Sunday 11-15-2015.