Sunday School in Chicago

prophet said:
patriotic said:
Matthew1323 said:
We are visiting Michigan today. What is with this December weather up here?  It's 60 degrees!

60?, huh?
Not for long.
It is Michigan, after all.
El Ni?o year, could be weird.

Earnestly Contend

I guess they have had only one 8'' snow so far between Ann Arbor and Detroit this season. That is long gone with the warm temperatures that they have been experiencing.

Propects of a white Christmas don't seem very promising this year according to the the weather forecast that I looked at. I believe that it only showed a day or two with a possibility of flurries.

Matthew1323 said:
prophet said:
patriotic said:
Matthew1323 said:
We are visiting Michigan today. What is with this December weather up here?  It's 60 degrees!

60?, huh?
Not for long.

Earnestly Contend

I guess they have had only one 8'' snow so far between Ann Arbor and Detroit this season. That is long gone with the warm temperatures that they have been experiencing.

Propects of a white Christmas don't seem very promising this year according to the the weather forecast that I looked at. I believe that it only showed a day or two with a possibility of flurries.

I personally love and appreciate winter, but with my octogenarian father who spent hours cleaning snow off other people's cars last winter in Michigan, no snow might be nice.

patriotic said:
Matthew1323 said:
prophet said:
patriotic said:
Matthew1323 said:

60?, huh?
Not for long.

Earnestly Contend

I personally love and appreciate winter, but with my octogenarian father who spent hours cleaning snow off other people's cars last winter in Michigan, no snow might be nice.

I can understand your concern for an 80+ year old dad. I can also understand that he must really enjoy what he has been doing and certainly has been a blessing to many. I hope that I will have a servant's heart like he appears to have, if I can make it as long as he has, this side of heaven.

I must say that I am STILL enjoying these remarkably warm temperatures in the valley just west of the Smoky Mountains.

I am a little sad that Carolina lost it's chance at an undefeated season against the Falcons today. I was a Dolphins fan back in the day when they had their undefeated season. I believe that it was back in 1972.

Well, the Bears finally got another win today and the Packers are taking a severe pecking from the Cardinals in Arizona.  I think that the playoffs should be interesting this year.

While watching New Year's  Rockin' Eve 2016 on ABC tonight I was reminded of a HACKER classic. I believe it was Matt Ward that transformed Jimmy Buffett's song into, "...wasting away in HACkerRAIDERville..."

Today, I was reminded of Lloyd Christmas when he said, "So you're telling me there's a chance."  I believe the odds of winning tonight's Powerball jackpot of an estimated $800 million are far worse than the one in a million chance that Jim Carey was responding to when he said that line in the movie Dumb and Dumber.

Yes, I admit that I have three chances at winning tonight.  The last time I played was 2 or 3 years ago when, I believe, the record was something like 400 or 500 million dollars.  Is anyone else playing? Or, would you admit it, if you were?

Matthew1323 said:
patriotic said:
No.
I don't know how to play.

But you are so smart! How can that be?  :)

I really would be as lost trying to play the lottery as I am when I have to pump gas.  I have to do it so seldom, I have to reread all the pump instructions every time.
Husband had hard time getting into the gas statiom this evening to pump gas. There were 30 people in line to buy tickets,

patriotic said:
Matthew1323 said:
patriotic said:
No.

I really would be as lost trying to play the lottery as I am when I have to pump gas.  I have to do it so seldom, I have to reread all the pump instructions every time.
Husband had hard time getting into the gas statiom this evening to pump gas. There were 30 people in line to buy tickets,

It's not something that I do regularly, nor would I recommend it.  Really, there are many things that people do that I would not recommend and are a waste of time and resources.  It is sad to see that people get so excited over something that they have very little chance at winning.

Matthew, take the money that you spend on the lottery. Give half of it to me. Then bend over, and I'll kick you in the backside. Then give the other half to your family. All of us will be better off.

Poll: Am I right? Yes or No!

patriotic said:
Matthew1323 said:
patriotic said:
No.

You really shouldn't wait until Saturday to put fuel in your bus.

Vince Massi said:
Matthew, take the money that you spend on the lottery. Give half of it to me. Then bend over, and I'll kick you in the backside. Then give the other half to your family. All of us will be better off.

Poll: Am I right? Yes or No!

I guess that would be three dollars for you then. (See the above related story. )  If you really need that, wouldn't it be better for all of us if you stopped your whining and got a job then?

When you need front brakes on you car wouldn't it be better if you learned to replace them yourself in 30 minutes or so instead of wasting several hours and paying a mechanic the extra 100 to 200 dollars?  You could then give me half and your family the other half, I guess. Then, you could turn around and bend over too, because, well, they GOT you. If that example is not applicable then there are many others that can be substituted in it's place.

See how easy that was. I guess it is a matter of perspective in many disagreements. Some people refuse to see things from any other vantage point than what they have learned at an early age.

Tennessean said:
patriotic said:
Matthew1323 said:
patriotic said:
No.

You really shouldn't wait until Saturday to put fuel in your bus.

That is funny right there!

Tennessean,  good that you graced us with your presence today. RAIDER apparently has a posse out trying to roundup a few of the stray HACkers. I think that he would be able to sleep better at night if you would come around more often.

Teri in NC said:
I don't know how to play the lottery either.

I'd like to win though.

Last night, I had forgotten that I had spent my $6.00 on those tickets, until about an hour after the drawing. By the way, if you need $3.00 too, I can check to see if we can spare that for you. Sorry, back to the story...

Anyway, I went to check to see if I had matched any of the numbers. My wife, who did not participate in this worldly amusement, said something about how we did not win. Then it dawned on me. If we had won, there probably would have been a note on the front door from my wife saying, "See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!" And, of course, she would be long gone and my ticket mysteriously lost forever.

I guess, what I'm trying to say is that I'm glad that I didn't win last night. I wouldn't want to lose my precious wife of 30 years!

Apparently, there were no winners on Saturday. I think the jackpot is supposed to be 1.3 billion dollars for the next drawing on Wednesday. I think that I just need a better plan. If I play again, I will probably keep my numbers in my possession at all times, just to be on the safe side.

Vince, come back!

I enjoy our interaction and want to increase my numbers on this thread for my division leader. Well, neither one of those previous statements are entirely true. I do want to increase my numbers and I enjoy...life.

It's OK to play the lottery  as long as you tithe and give a substantial offering above your tithe should you win.

;)

Personally, I figure if someone wants to play responsibly,  he can. It's none of my business unless they're using my tax dollars to live while purchasing an obscene number of tickets. 

patriotic said:
It's OK to play the lottery  as long as you tithe and give a substantial offering above your tithe should you win.

;)

Personally, I figure if someone wants to play responsibly,  he can. It's none of my business unless they're using my tax dollars to live while purchasing an obscene number of tickets.

I agree. 8)

Teri in NC said:
I don't know how to play the lottery either.

I'd like to win though.

I WON!  I WON! ( Several fist pumps here!)

I got the 10, which was the powerball number. Maybe, I will donate my winnings to Vince, as a gesture of good will.

Teri, since you've probably been to Vegas 100 or more times, they no longer consider you a mark, but more of a hustler.  :D