Sword of the Lord Board of Directors

Jrock

Elect
Reaction score
Does anyone know who are the Sword of the Lord of Directors as of 2016? For some reason this information is hidden online.

The list of directors for 2015 is listed as follows:

(1) DR._ SHELTON SMITH (PRESIDENT)

(2) DR. MARLON SMITH (EXECUTIVE VP)

(3) BART-WALKER (TREASURER)

(4)- EUNICE HURT (SECRETARY )

(5)- DR.- RAYMOND BARBER

(6) DR. GEORGE RIDDELL III

(7) DR.- MAX BARTON

(8 NORRIS BELCHER

(9) DR. MARK CAMPBELL

(10) DR. ROGER GREEN

(11)-DR MIKE NORRIS

(12) DR R . B . OUELLETTE

(13) DR JEFF AMSBAUGH

(14) DR. GARY RANDALL

I have not heard of any changes. The list of cooperating churches will be much longer.

WHY DO YOU ASK?

Are any of those guys real doctors?

bgwilkinson said:
Are any of those guys real doctors?
Per the SOL website

Dr. Smith has earned 4 academic degrees: Bachelor of Arts (1966), Master of Theology (1972), Doctor of Ministry (1972) and Doctor of Theology (2003).

Bachelor of Arts, History and Secondary Education (Union University: 1966)
Master of Theology, Systematic Theology (Luther Rice University, 1972, summa cum laude)
Doctor of Ministry, Practical Theology, (Luther Rice University, 1976, summa cum laude)
Doctor of Theology, (Midwestern Baptist College & Seminary, 2003, magna cum laude)

Ok that sounds reasonable but there are 13 others.

bgwilkinson said:
... but there is 13 others.

...there *ARE* 13 others.  Would someone get Schaap out of prison to teach this guy some English?  (pass me more pink pills!)

Your a sensitive little guy.
What about the thirteen others to.

Are there not 14 in this list?

(3) DR.  BART-WALKER (TREASURER)

(4) DR. EUNICE HURT (SECRETARY )

(5)- DR.- RAYMOND BARBER

(7) DR.- MAX BARTON

(8 DR. NORRIS BELCHER

(9) DR. MARK CAMPBELL

(10) DR. ROGER GREEN

(11)-DR MIKE NORRIS

(13) DR JEFF AMSBAUGH

(14) DR. GARY RANDALL

I have not heard of any changes. The list of cooperating churches will be much longer.

WHY DO YOU ASK?

I would hate to be depending on a doc from this place that is not authorized to grant docs, seems he has a faux m?decin as I thought, I could be wrong though, please correct me to.

If the sword sight has him have and earned doc that would seem to be misinformation. I would belief wiki before I would believe the sword web cite.
Wiki quote

Midwestern Baptist College is not accredited by any accreditation body recognized by its country. According to the US Department of Education, unaccredited degrees and credits might not be acceptable to employers or other institutions, and use of degree titles may be restricted or illegal in some jurisdictions.[4] Some of the school's courses are accepted for transfer credit at nearby Oakland Community College.[5]

The highest degree the college awards is the Bachelor of Religious Education (B.R.E.) or Bachelor of Sacred Music (B.S.M.).[6] The school also offers associate degree in Music, Commercial Subjects, and Biblical Studies.[6]

Look, these are "Baptist doctors", ok?  Even the secretary is a doctor.

There is no doubt that at the Judgment Seat, when those "doctorates" are thrown in the fire, to see what they are, that they will emerge gold-plated!

I know this because I read it in the Sword of the Lord.  (either that or I was having a drug-induced dream)

Yah I know, when I see a list of Baptist Preeeeechers where they all start DR. I don't believe it for a minute because that's how they are, they love faux honors otherwise known as the praise of men, my opinion is that it is just plain pride.

I have friends who hold real earned docs but they do not call themselves DR. so and so, they just go by their first and last names. They are lawyers, academics, accountants and scientists. I have little respect for guys that use faux docs in front of their names.

bgwilkinson said:

(5)- DR.- RAYMOND BARBER

(7) DR.- MAX BARTON

(8 DR. NORRIS BELCHER

(9) DR. MARK CAMPBELL

(10) DR. ROGER GREEN

(11)-DR MIKE NORRIS

(13) DR JEFF AMSBAUGH

(14) DR. GARY RANDALL

WHY DO YOU ASK?

sword said:

(5)- DR.- RAYMOND BARBER

(7) DR.- MAX BARTON

(8 NORRIS BELCHER

(9) DR. MARK CAMPBELL

(10) DR. ROGER GREEN

(11)-DR MIKE NORRIS

(13) DR JEFF AMSBAUGH

(14) DR. GARY RANDALL

WHY DO YOU ASK?

Your "quoted" list has been edited giving all 14  the title of "Dr"..... Seems like you too are handing out the honorary doctorates.

qwerty said:
bgwilkinson said:

(5)- DR.- RAYMOND BARBER

(7) DR.- MAX BARTON

(8 DR. NORRIS BELCHER

(9) DR. MARK CAMPBELL

(10) DR. ROGER GREEN

(11)-DR MIKE NORRIS

(13) DR JEFF AMSBAUGH

(14) DR. GARY RANDALL

WHY DO YOU ASK?

sword said:

(5)- DR.- RAYMOND BARBER

(7) DR.- MAX BARTON

(8 NORRIS BELCHER

(9) DR. MARK CAMPBELL

(10) DR. ROGER GREEN

(11)-DR MIKE NORRIS

(13) DR JEFF AMSBAUGH

(14) DR. GARY RANDALL

WHY DO YOU ASK?

Your "quoted" list has been edited giving all 14  the title of "Dr"..... Seems like you too are handing out the honorary doctorates.

How about that, I can give docs too that are just as valuable, just as real and just as hard to earn as the others while at the same time just as meaningless.  :) :)

If I had an imaginary doc like these guys I would tell no one keeping it my own dark secret.

bgwilkinson said:
qwerty said:
bgwilkinson said:

(5)- DR.- RAYMOND BARBER

(7) DR.- MAX BARTON

(8 DR. NORRIS BELCHER

(9) DR. MARK CAMPBELL

(10) DR. ROGER GREEN

(11)-DR MIKE NORRIS

(13) DR JEFF AMSBAUGH

(14) DR. GARY RANDALL

WHY DO YOU ASK?

sword said:

(5)- DR.- RAYMOND BARBER

(7) DR.- MAX BARTON

(8 NORRIS BELCHER

(9) DR. MARK CAMPBELL

(10) DR. ROGER GREEN

(11)-DR MIKE NORRIS

(13) DR JEFF AMSBAUGH

(14) DR. GARY RANDALL

WHY DO YOU ASK?

How about that, I can give docs too that are just as valuable, just as real and just as hard to earn as the others while at the same time just as meaningless.  :) :)
If I had an imaginary doc like these guys I would tell no one keeping it my own dark secret.

You are correct, our lists do not match because NORRIS BELCHER was not listed as a Dr. on the IRS form 990 filing for the year 2014 (filed in 2015). This is the last year available as public info from the treasury dept. The form did not list him as a doc so I did not list him. I'm just going by the signed forms filed with the IRS. 

Dr. Raymond Barber

Averett College, Danville, Virginia, Associates of Arts Degree
Texas Wesleyan University, Fort Worth, Texas, Bachelor of Science Degree
Bible Baptist Seminary, Master of Theology Degree
Bible Baptist Seminary, Doctor of Divinity Degree
Bethany Theological Seminary, Dothan, Alabama, Doctor of Biblical Literature Degree
Louisiana Baptist Theological Seminary, Shreveport, Louisiana, Doctor of Humanities Degree

For additional verification please call Ray directly.

sword said:
Dr. Raymond Barber

Bethany Theological Seminary, Dothan, Alabama, Doctor of Biblical Literature Degree
Louisiana Baptist Theological Seminary, Shreveport, Louisiana, Doctor of Humanities Degree

If he received a doctorate from Bethany then he worked very hard to earn that.

sword said:
Dr. Raymond Barber

I think we found our first real doc.

The others calling themselves docs depreciates Barbar's accomplishment.

Well look at this, they call the place a mill. Hum.

Bethany's 82-page catalog, which lists a multitude of undergraduate and graduate degrees, initially makes them appear impressive. However, they show many signs of being a degree mill. Sources of faculty credentials are not listed, the chancellor and president appear to be father and son, and their degree requirements are far
short of those at accredited institutions. A listing of adjunct faculty includes, "via video," Dr. J. Dwight Pentecost of Dallas Theological Seminary and evangelist Zola Levitt. However, this is a technique one should be discerning about. I can buy a video cassette of Billy Graham, use it to teach a course, then claim that Billy Graham is on my "adjunct faculty." Definitely questionable. Their catalog also notes, "While Bethany is continuing to build its library, the Houston-Love Memorial Library, which is located in downtown Dothan and houses over 100,000 volumes of books, is available for Bethany students for research. The director of the library has given permission for Bethany students to use the library for their research projects." This claim has several fallacies that demonstrate the need for discernment. First, the Houston-Love Memorial Library is the public library for the city of Dothan. Second, as a public library, its 100,000-volume collection is general in nature and not geared toward the specific needs of theological students. Third, students don't need special permission to use public library facilities for research; by nature, a public library is open to anyone in the public. Finally, students in external programs normally don't use libraries located near the school in which they're enrolled, they use local libraries near their home. A Bethany student in Kansas, for example, might use a library in Wichita or Kansas City; there's no need to use the Dothan library at all, especially one that has a minimal amount of theological works. Bethany claims to be accredited by the American Educational Accrediting Association of Christian Schools (headquartered at the same address as the school itself), and, in an earlier catalog, the Southeast Accrediting Association of Christian Schools, Colleges, and Seminaries, Inc.; the school admits that neither agency is recognized by the Department of Education or CORPA. They note that they are "chartered under the laws of the State of Alabama as a degree granting institution" (which simply means that they're incorporated) and that they are "registered with the Alabama State Board of Education and operates under an exempt status for religious institutions in regards to State license." Other than being grammatically poor, the latter statement simply means that since they are a religious institution, they are exempt from other laws that impact educational institutions and can get away with more than secular schools. Bethany's chancellor, H.D. Shuemake, with whom I've enjoyed an ongoing and somewhat off-the-wall correspondence, notified me about three months after "Name It and Frame It" was released that his association, the American Educational Accrediting Association of Christian Schools, has changed its name to the American Educational Association of Non-Traditional Christian Schools. Shuemake wrote to assure me that the name change was not a result of this book, but because "the name would be more in keeping with their goals and objectives." As Dana Carvey would say as "The Church Lady" on "Saturday Night Live," "How conveeeenient." Bethany advertises or has advertised in Christianity Today, Pulpit Helps, The Biblical Evangelist (no longer published), The Searchlight (the newspaper of the Independent Baptist Fellowship International), and Target (a national newspaper published by Tim Lee Ministries in Garland, Texas, which replaced The Biblical Evangelist).

LUTHER RICE BIBLE COLLEGE & SEMINARY
3038 Evans Mill Road
Lithonia, Georgia 30038
(404) 484-1204

One of the earliest Bible schools to enter the external degree market, Luther Rice is accredited by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS), an accreditor recognized by the Department of Education but not by the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation (see discussion of TRACS in Chapter 3). Luther Rice Seminary offers extension programs through the doctoral level, and their graduates include Charles Stanley and Jerry Vines, former presidents of the Southern Baptist Convention. While doctrinally Southern Baptist (though not affiliated with the SBC as a denominational school per se), the school accepts students from any evangelical church. Their credentials have a higher degree of acceptance than other external programs, at least within conservative Christian churches, but students should keep in mind that they're not accredited by a regional association (which will impact whether their credits will be accepted in transfer by regionally accredited schools). Therefore, students should evaluate their career goals carefully and use discernment if considering a Luther Rice degree. Luther Rice appears unlikely to receive regional accreditation, and if the government does not continue to approve TRACS, the seminary will again be unaccredited. I've spoken with educators at accredited schools who believe that Luther Rice's academic standards are below par, but have also seen some credible preachers and scholars who are Luther Rice graduates. Thus, I'm not convinced that they're a blatant degree mill to the extent of many of the schools listed in Chapter 12, but they barely make it into this chapter. Use discernment. By the way, they have recently start ed advertising in the world's best guide to degree mills, Pulpit Helps. No accounting for taste . . .
levicoff

Much ado about nothing. ::)