The Beneficial & Great Accomplishments of The Obama Administration

I know quite a few people who stocked up on firearms and ammunition in fear of what Obama was going to do to restrict and confiscate all guns and ammo. I don't really follow it, but did any legislation or stricter gun laws actually get enacted? Was it just the perception that caused the buying frenzy?

The Rogue Tomato said:
Obama was responsible for a record boom in gun sales.  You have to give him that much.

Every time Mr Hall posts he proves why it does no good debating him...he is an idiot! And you can't reason with an idiot!

aleshanee said:
???....... are you drunk again?...... ???....... i remember on the last forum you always talked about having some kind of alcoholic beverage in front of you........... and for your info... yes.... i am absolutely real.....and have never even opened a tom clancy novel...... much less read one....... but i did see a few movies based on them...... are you a character in one of those?........

do you recognize sarcasm when you see it?.......... i said "worn out" f15s and f16s...... and no i don;t think putin would be intimidated by it at all..... or with anything else the u.s. is currently capable of doing.......... and for the record i don;t have any idea where those aricraft were going to or why........ military planes fly in and out of here all the time..... and all around the island too........ they could be on their way to a scrap yard for all i know......or to serve as extras in another tom clancy movie.....  ::) ....... you should have seen what was flying around here when they were filming pearl harbor..... 8)

i;m having a hard time believing you are really this clueless..... but the idea you might be is starting to grow on me..... ???..... ...  maybe you should put down both the alcoholic beverage and the tom clancy novels and read some real history......and learn some real recent history too........ are you even remotely aware of the agreements made between nato and the ukraine concerning the nuclear arsenal they were previously in possession of?.......and are you aware that membership in nato is something they have been trying to obtain and also something putin has sworn he will prevent them from getting?....... do you know how many multi-billionaires currently live in russia and what kind of control they have over the countries economy?.....do you know where their money comes from?.............. i;ll give you hint..... it;s nothing even remotely effected by mr obamas sanctions...........   

gotta hand it to you...... when you decide to show your ignorance you do it in a really big way...... and your timing is pretty good too............ putin has been so impressed with mr obamas "sanctions"... that today he sent 32 main battle tanks across the border into the ukraine..... and ukrainian forces claim russian artillery is supporting the rebels they are currently in battle with........ of course russia denies all this........ but a lot of independent news sources have verified it.......

what;s the matter?....... haven;t you been paying attention to the news?..........what do your usa today and guardian papers say about this?........or do they even know about it?.........are they ignoring it hoping putin will draw them back.... are they waiting for obama to make his next "official statement" about it so they will know what to report?.......

like i said before... and like everybody but you and the obamanites seem to understand......putin means to have the ukraine back under russian control......he has said that from the start....... maybe you and obama do understand it and you mean for him to have it back too......... so far obama has been a liar about everything else..... why not that too?.........

i never said i knew how to handle the ukraine situation.... ???..... or anything else for that matter.......... but i do know how to recognize a president who has done nothing ... yet claims to have done everything.....  and i know that if obama stays true to form when things go sour he will recant his claim to credit and blame someone else for all that goes wrong.... :-\....... and i also know people who exhibit attitudes and actions like his are far from being leaders.... much less strong leaders like you claimed.... 

but you seem to go on and on praising obama about everything..... even things he had nothing to do with and things he totally messed up........... but most notably here for the dubious success of a set of sanctions .. the true success of which still remains to be seen.......  have you and mr obama told putin about the success of obamas sanctions yet?............ maybe you should tell putin before he sends another column of tanks into the ukraine and looks even more "foolish"..... ::)..... or chalks up the ukraine in the crimea category......... because..... i don;t think he knows yet how great an accomplishment the sanctions against his country have been for the obama administration...... 8)

I figured your comment about Putin being impressed with a tanker/fighter formation out of Hickam was tongue-in-cheek in part at least.  But then when I remembered this absurd statement from one of your earlier posts,

study the history of what russians do when threatened with invasion and have no hope of outside help and you will see the real reason putin backed off the ukraine

I began to wonder.  No matter.

Yes, I was aware that Ukraine wanted to join NATO and in the end was not invited to do so, largely due to vehement Russian opposition which caused some NATO members to give in.  I remember very well when that was headline news.  And yes, I was also aware of Ukraine's nuclear disarmament.  And yes, I read and heard about a purported Russian incursion into Eastern Ukraine yesterday.  But unlike your "lot of independent sources," according to a Pentagon statement early today there is no evidence to confirm such an event.

You type lots of words in pretty blue script peppered with silly insults and little yellow faces, but in the end say nothing.  The underlying theme of this discussion, such as it is, is your criticism of and contempt for Obama's actions in response to Russian aggression in Ukraine.  Yet, when asked how you would handle the situation you provide no alternative.  Well then, your criticism has no validity.  It so happens that the European Union, Australia,  Canada, Japan, Norway, and other nations, with all their diplomatic, intelligence, foreign affairs and legal resources apparently agree with Obama and have all implemented sanctions of their own against Russia.  But of course you, with your extensive knowledge of all things Ukraine and Ukrainian know better.  You don't know what is better, but you know better.

$

T-Bone said:
Every time Mr Hall posts he proves why it does no good debating him...he is an idiot! And you can't reason with an idiot!

Here he is again, lamely attempting another insult.

At least Ms. Aleshanee has the backbone to engage, however ineffectively, and not cop out.

But not you.  You are not only an ignorant moron, you're a gutless one as well.

$

Mr. Hall said:
T-Bone said:

At least Ms. Aleshanee has the backbone to engage, however ineffectively, and not cop out.

$
Says a no faced little man who talks big on the internet ...Aleshanee has done a fine job of showing you are clueless...and as I have stated several times I don't engage idiots in debate.  Your inane psycho tricks won't change that....idiot!

How many Obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb?

None.  They prefer to remain in the dark. 

The Rogue Tomato said:
How many Obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb?

None.  They prefer to remain in the dark.

Yup...if ignorance is bliss Mr. Hall  must live in Nirvana!

Mr. Hall said:
T-Bone said:

$

I have no dog in this fight, but dude, you and I must have two different definitions of 'ineffectively.' I think she is very effectively engaging you on the subject. It's you that seems a little weak in this "debate."

But hey, that's just my $.02 worth on the subject. Please carry on.

T-Bone said:
Says a no faced little man who talks big on the internet ...Aleshanee has done a fine job of showing you are clueless...and as I have stated several times I don't engage idiots in debate.  Your inane psycho tricks won't change that....idiot!

"no faced little man:"  Now that hurt.

"Aleshanee has done a fine job of showing you are clueless:"  Right.  As if you've actually read the discussions.

"I don't engage idiots in debate:"  You don't engage anybody in debate.  You're not smart enough.  You just skulk around the periphery waiting for an opportunity to inject stupid one-liners.

"Your inane psycho tricks won't change that:"  "inane psycho tricks?"  You know you really are a moron.

$

Mr. Hall said:
T-Bone said:

"Aleshanee has done a fine job of showing you are clueless:"  Right.  As if you've actually read the discussions.

"I don't engage idiots in debate:"  You don't engage anybody in debate.  You're not smart enough.  You just skulk around the periphery waiting for an opportunity to inject stupid one-liners.

"Your inane psycho tricks won't change that:"  "inane psycho tricks?"  You know you really are a moron.

$

Thanks from an idiotic Obama worshiper, I will take that as a compliment.

Mr. Hall said:
T-Bone said:

$

Sorry Mr. Hall, I don't read most of your stuff either. It only takes one syllable from the bill of a duck to determine that it's a quack...

..the rest is irrelevant.

Holy Mole said:
Mr. Hall said:
T-Bone said:

$

Sorry Mr. Hall, I don't read most of your stuff either. It only takes one syllable from the bill of a duck to determine that it's a quack...

..the rest is irrelevant.

He likes to see himself as important and changes that no one wants to debate with him to nobody wants to discuss things with anybody....he's a legend in his own mind!

aleshanee said:
well......i;m mildly disappointed .... :-\...... you quoted my entire post but left out the putin/crimea cartoon....... i thought that was the best part of it...... .....but like you say......... no matter......... for the record i am not the one who knows all that much about russia and the ukraine...... like i said before what information i have all came from someone else who has been working there off and on for over 2 years now...... and even speaks the language... but the closest i have ever been to the ukraine or russia was the decks of the russian ship kruzenshtern when it made a visit here in the islands a few years ago....... one of it;s officers... a ukrainian.... gave us a complete tour of the ship....... he was a really nice guy.... but had really bad teeth..... :-\ ... in fact the whole crew seemed to have bad teeth...... but they were all still very courteous....  :)

certain people here have gotten very mad at me in the past for being less than nice to you in replies....... but seriously.... your snobbish arrogance and condescension in disagreements makes it very hard to be nice about anything towards you......... and blowing peoples ideas off as absurd and nonsense.... just because you say so.... and without explanation.... is no less insulting than calling someone an idiot..... and you do that all the time here then act bewildered as if you can;t understand why they are angry or insulting you in return......

but anyway....with regards to my statement you quoted above... that you seem to think is absurd...... if you think the study of people... their history and their culture... current state of affairs... etc..... with the objective of trying to predict what they might do in any given situation on the world stage is absurd... then nothing else i can say will help you........ t-bone has you pegged ... and in a nutshell..... but there are still a few things i am curious about with regards to why you make the claims you do........

seriously....... do you really think it didn;t happen?...... do you really think the ukrainians are lying about russian tanks crossing their border?....... putin says they are lying....... but he has been caught telling lies about russian involvement in the ukrainian crisis several times before....... so why believe him now over the word of the people we are supposed to be in support of in that whole affair?..........

when obama...the pentagon and liberal american news agencies say they see no evidence of something what they are really saying is they don;t have anybody close enough to the situation to have witnessed it..... and therefore can;t confirm it........ but i guarantee you if something was reported by a 3rd party news group that supported the propaganda mr obama has been spewing and added credence to his image... he and the pentagon plus all the liberal american news agencies would report it as factual whether anybody working for them witnessed anything or not........ we have seen that happen many times before..... ... and we have seen leaders in both political parties do it.......

and i;m confused as to why you say my criticisms of obama have no validity....when my arguments seem to be the ones you have spent the most time here addressing.... ???..... both itinerant preacher and rsc2a made detailed posts contradicting your appraisal of obama and you even gave itinerant preacher credit for doing so....... yet you haven;t written anything to answer them on the level that you have written to answer me.....why not?.............. you have made multiple posts replying and attempting to counter what i write with my "pretty" indigo script and smiley faces............. do you frequently waste your time against what you insist is "silly" in such ways?.... and you can;t just write off my criticism as invalid just because i don;t have an answer for the mess that has become the ukraine....... not having an answer of your own and recognizing when someone else doesn;t either but is only pretending to are 2 different things..........

so a bunch of countries in the western world all agreed to enforce economic sanctions against russia....... big wow... ::)....... 55 years ago a lot more nations than that all agreed to enforce all kinds of sanctions and embargoes against cuba..... where did all that lead to?........... 55 years later there is no evidence our "sanctions" had any effect on cuba other than to make them more determined to stay on the course that angered us in the first place........and now the united states is the only country left that still tries to enforce anything against cuba.......  and most people agree now that refusal to allow trade with cuba actually hurts americans more than it does cubans to the point that many americans are willing to break the law and trade with them anyway..... (ever smoked a cuban cigar?).... :-X

economic sanctions will have no effect on what putin decides to do regarding the ukraine........ all it;s going to do is turn the civilian population of russia against us...... and that is something that will hurt us far worse than it hurts putin......cuba should have taught us that..... .. but obama can;t see that because instead of being a student of history he thinks of himself as someone who is destined to make history........ and that is a dangerous mentality for a world leader.......

Oh no.  A sea of blue, yellow, and extended periods.  Eight paragraphs.  I see a couple of balloons there that should be easy to shoot down.  I don't have time to wade through it right now.  I'll come back later, maybe.

$

Mr. Hall said:
T-Bone said:

$

Mr Hall, Ray Charles can see that Obama and his policies are complete and utter failures....hence the vote last Tuesday. So, in essence, your position is that the earth is flat.
You are dismissed.

T-Bone said:
He likes to see himself as important and changes that no one wants to debate with him to nobody wants to discuss things with anybody....he's a legend in his own mind!

Mr. Hall basically has one function: to come on this board every few months and tear his robes in shock that Christians believe Christian stuff.

He is less useful than his former avatar, who at least was entertaining:

shempbio.gif

aleshanee said:
and here is yet another news report.... this time from a more mainstream news source...... that indicates economic sanctions are actually having the opposite effect of what mr hall claimed in point number 7 of his pro obama propaganda...... the russian military is becoming more aggressive and increasingly more confrontational around the globe.....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/uknews/russian-planes-play-dangerously-report-warns/ar-AA7mKDh

only in the most imaginative of far left fairy tails does any action on the part of obama lead to a more peaceful and cooperative russia........in the long term his incompetent meddling will have the same effect on relations between russia and europe that his attempt at gun control had on gun sales in america.... are we ready for round 2 of the cold war?.......

you have to understand the hearts and minds of a people before you can attempt to lead them.... or even negotiate with them....... and as mr hall so effectively demonstrates........ neither obama or his followers has any clue as to why it;s even important ..... much less the capability of understanding........ 

The Russians and the world laugh at us because of Obama's leadership, or lack thereof.  There is no concern that we will do anything to stop any aggression.

aleshanee said:
and while you are at it..... maybe you can also explain this.... and tell us how it fits in with point number 7 in the 9 paragraph barakanese fantasy you posted in support of your favorite fairy-godfather in chief ..obama..... 8)

http://www.france24.com/en/20141109-ukraine-donetsk-heavy-artillery-fire-makiivka-russia/

there are reasons i write things in indigo... have multiple dots strung between sentences....... also why i often end up hitting this key... ; ...instead of stopping more often to hit this one instead... ' ..... ... and i;m sorry you don;t like emoticons but they are part of the forum software and most people here find them useful for helping clarify the sentiment behind a thought........ but then again........ your writings are so fraught with emotion that smiley face emoticons are not really necessary are they?.........

by the way....hows that obama/bloomberg campaign to enforce stronger gun control coming along?......  ::) ........ have the sellers of sugary soft drinks in new york begun to feel the economic pinch yet?......  ;)

1.  I'll believe it when it's confirmed.  If it is it doesn't change a thing.  Putin cheated and got caught.  So what?  In Item 7 in my list you'll notice I said "apparently have caused Mr. Putin to see the light and back off ....."  Still true but there are no guarantees in this game.  We'll have to wait until it plays out.  In the meantime the sanctions stay in place as they should along with non-lethal military aid and financial assistance to Ukraine.  In addition, NATO exercises in Eastern Europe have been ramped up.  If Ronald Reagan was here or even George W. Bush, they'd be doing the exact same thing and many on this forum would be cheering them on.  There is no realistic alternative other than doing nothing and letting the situation play out on its own.  One change that I might consider is to begin to supply Ukraine with lethal military equipment in the event Russia goes too far.  Hopefully, things will not get to that point.

2.  Lighten up a little.  Light-hearted ribbing on my part.  If there are physical reasons for some of the characteristics of your posts I was not aware of them.  No offense or insensitivity intended.  Your posts are actually quite nice, in appearance that is.  Don't change a thing.

3.  It's actually a Bloomberg initiated campaign called the Coalition of Mayors against Illegal Guns.  Note the word "illegal."  Plugging along I guess.  It would be a lot easier if the Congress of the United States wasn't bought and paid for by the gun lobby and the NRA.  The coalition and their allies will win in the end though.  Gundums be warned. 

$

T-Bone said:
aleshanee said:
and here is yet another news report.... this time from a more mainstream news source...... that indicates economic sanctions are actually having the opposite effect of what mr hall claimed in point number 7 of his pro obama propaganda...... the russian military is becoming more aggressive and increasingly more confrontational around the globe.....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/uknews/russian-planes-play-dangerously-report-warns/ar-AA7mKDh

only in the most imaginative of far left fairy tails does any action on the part of obama lead to a more peaceful and cooperative russia........in the long term his incompetent meddling will have the same effect on relations between russia and europe that his attempt at gun control had on gun sales in america.... are we ready for round 2 of the cold war?.......

you have to understand the hearts and minds of a people before you can attempt to lead them.... or even negotiate with them....... and as mr hall so effectively demonstrates........ neither obama or his followers has any clue as to why it;s even important ..... much less the capability of understanding........ 

The Russians and the world laugh at us because of Obama's leadership, or lack thereof.  There is no concern that we will do anything to stop any aggression.

Yeah, if the Berlin Wall was still standing today, and it was President Oblahblah saying, "Mr. Putin, tear down this wall," Putin would definitely be laughing his head off.

Who's going to be the 'Ronald Reagan' of our time to clean up the mess this generations President Carter has made of things?

aleshanee said:

only in the most imaginative of far left fairytales does any action on the part of obama lead to a more peaceful and cooperative russia........in the long term his incompetent meddling will have the same effect on relations between russia and europe that his attempt at gun control had on gun sales in america.... are we ready for round 2 of the cold war?.......

Hearts and minds my aching arse.  This sort of thing has been going on since the 1950s.  Maybe Putin is trying to intimidate some of the NATO members because of the sanctions, maybe not.  He knows dam well his military capability is no match for that of NATO and the United States.  Anyway, NATO is ramping up exercises in Eastern Europe at the same time.  It's all part of the power game.  Keep putting the squeeze on Putin through diplomacy, sanctions, and aid to Ukraine.  Scale up the aid if necessary.  Maybe he'll find a face-saving way to back off.  Maybe not.  If you have a better plan please describe it.

$