The Beneficial & Great Accomplishments of The Obama Administration

T-Bone said:
Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:
Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:
Mr. Hall said:
As usual, lots of foxenesque, right-wing rhetoric and BS.  Except for Itinerant Preacher:  He gave it a shot at least.

And then there's T-bone of course.  Too ignorant to formulate a counter argument, he instead childishly attempts an insult. 

$

Spoken like a true Republican when faced with a difference of opinion.  :-*

Oh contraire...I didn't attempt to insult...I did insult you!  You position is so inane it is not worthy of a counter argument...I prefer not to argue or debate with idiots!

If you're referring to me as a Republican...you would be wrong! 8) :p

If it walks like an elephant, sounds like an elephant...you know the rest. ;)

Unfortunately there is no elephants here....nor is there any donkey here...I have no confidence in either party! 8)
Amen.

The Rogue Tomato said:
Obama was responsible for a record boom in gun sales.  You have to give him that much.
The LORD knows it affected my house.

Try bying ammo lately?
I'm part of the reason you cant, cuz I grabbed a stash like everyone else.

aleshanee said:
qwerty said:
The AR, which is in the sights of Bloomberg and his ilk, is still a poor choice to go after.  You are correct, it's design is not intuitive for close quarters, semi-auto for civilian and law enforcement, is made more for open combat at distances greater than what a shotgun optimally designed for.  If any of the offenders in any recent mass shooting (theaters, classrooms, cafeterias, etc) had used a shotgun with #4 or 00, there would most likely be greater death and casualties despite having a larger magazine capacity and design of the AR.  The attack with the highest casualty rate in the US involved neither though....

My personal opinion is that the government would like to remove the AR (including the M16 and M4) from the hands of the civilians as well as some law enforcement. Most being mil-spec it creates an almost level playing field when combined with gorilla warfare. Our government has no qualms about sending guns they find "illegal" to Mexico, then will come and take "legal" guns from away from border patrol officers.

this is the one they should be concerned about......... small enough to conceal.... with a recoil so light even a kid can learn to handle it....
yet it fires a hypervelocity round that shreds body armor like it was newspaper......... and it;s fully automatic.....

currently weapons like this are restricted to military and special law enforcement.... but ironically.... and from what i understand... a lot of military and police don;t like it because it;s small and doesn;t put forth the big bad image a full size assault rifle does ...and which they feel much more comfortable carrying and being seen with....... but certain undercover and close protection personnel use it.......

if a weapon like this or even one of lesser technology but which uses the same ammunition gets into the wrong hands it would be a nightmare for law enforcement and make their current body armor useless...... but that;s how things have historically progressed in the world of armor versus ballistics anyway......... since the beginning of organized warfare soldiers and combatants have gone back and forth between wearing armor only to abandon it in favor of mobility as newer weapons were invented that could defeat it..... then going back to body armor when a newer stronger generation of armor was invented that was proof against the new weapons......

The MP7 has been around since 1999 (In it's original form).  I asked around to some of the armorers at other departments and they kind of had the same idea regarding the firearm....
It is a machine pistol, not very accurate, ammo is difficult to acquire and expensive, you are on an island during a serious situation since most assisting agencies will respond with the more common .223/5.56, parts are not field interchangeable or mil-spec.  Looking at the list of current users, the MP7 is going nowhere fast for being around for 15 years.

Woven body armor will not stop a .223/5.56 round either so this is nothing new.  In order to stop that round, you would need a Level III vest with a 1/4" steel or 1/2" ceramic rifle plate in it. 

aleshanee said:
i;m not a gundum you dimwit......  :mad:....... i do not own firearms nor do i ever intend to.......and even if the law were changed allowing people in my situation to own them i still would not..............

and the fact of the matter is i agree with more extensive back ground checks and also with banning the private ownership of assault weapons......... if you were more into asking questions instead of making uneducated accusations you might find out that when it comes to gun legislation you and i are probably not that far apart in our beliefs......

but that is where the similarity ends...... whereas you ignore most of what people are saying.. and doing... then make silly insults and asinine assumptions....... i actually pay attention to people and observe what is going on........ and what i observed concerning obamas gun control efforts was an out of touch president whose couldn;t understand how his inflammatory comments would come off looking like he had a draconian agenda........he lies to his party and to himself pretending to be a man of the people.... but he has more than showed the results of his affluent, sheltered and aristocratic upbringing .........  and the resultant backlash on the part of americans to all of his lies and out of touch policies is still reverberating across the country.......  ....

you can quote all the polls you want from any source you want that says the american people back obama on gun control over the republicans........ but the landslide victory of republicans.... which once again you show yourself completely inept at understanding..... pretty much dumps all those polls results in the trash along with the democrats ballots......regardless of whether they are accurate or not.....

i was very happy living in on an island that had very few privately owned firearms...... but obamas buffoonish meddling changed all that........ now this whole island is armed to the teeth..... ......yet even though i am not a big fan of guns...... (primitive longbows and blades are my weapons of choice).... i have nevertheless studied guns quite a bit and also been exposed to them as more than one member of my family uses them in their occupations ...... and ....judging from uneducated statements you made in the past concerning hunting and firearms.... i would also be willing to bet that even though i never touch guns myself i still know a lot more about them than you do.......which would make you the gundum when compared to me.......

by the way......the issue i brought up with gallup concerns the overall integrity of the organization........ corrupt in one area of doing business usually means corruption in all other measures too......... but then i realize the average obamanite doesn;t understand that concept any more than they know how to interpret last weeks election results..........

Dimwit:  That cut me to the quick.  Now I'll have to scrape what's left of my ego off of the pavement, much like those poor squashed chickens you like to see killed.  Thanks a lot.  In case you haven't noticed I was recently promoted to Jr. Member so I'd appreciate a little more respect.

I stand corrected.  You are definitely  not a gundum.  You are a gunbrain.  Upon reading further in the thread I noticed .223 rounds, lethality, devastating cavitation inside the body, 1 in 14 twist, dead as fried chicken, internal organs into jello!  I'm impressed.  You're a virtual encyclopedia of death.

You argue in anecdotes and opinions.  I'm sorry but that just doesn't cut it.  You'll notice that for all my many faults I at least provide a reference for most of my statements. 

You keep harping on the mid-term election.  Guns were barely an issue in that election.  Remember the mid-term elections of 2006 when G.W. Bush was president?  The Democrats' sweeping victory resulted in them taking control of the House, the Senate, and a majority of governorships.  What goes around comes around.  That's politics.

Guns.  Guns.  Guns.  Just from looking at this thread I'm amazed at how many "Christians" come out of the woodwork when the subject of firearms comes up.  They love them.  Yet they claim to worship Him who, according to the Gospels admonished one of his followers who had cut off the ear of the high priest's servant to:  “Put your sword back into its place. For all who take the sword will perish by the sword." 

$

T-Bone said:
Translation....got my butt handed to me, so I am taking my ball and going home!

Yeah, right.

Speaking of butts, you might want to consider extracting your head from your own.

And after you get it out, you might also consider trading it in on a cinderblock.  You could see a dramatic increase in IQ.

$

Mr. Hall said:
T-Bone said:

Yeah, right.

Speaking of butts, you might want to consider extracting your head from your own.

And after you get it out, you might also consider trading it in on a cinderblock.  You could see a dramatic increase in IQ.

$

Ooh..you got me, I am so hurt & put in my place.  Come on where is the
Liberal compassion? 

aleshanee said:
T-Bone said:
Mr. Hall said:
T-Bone said:

Yeah, right.

$

Ooh..you got me, I am so hurt & put in my place.  Come on where is the
Liberal compassion?

he;s full of condescending and sarcastic insults like that.... always has been........ but call him a dimwit because he failed to read your post and thus  assumed he had your position figured out..... and oh my gosh!!... :eek:..... you have cut him to the quick and left him squashed in the road like a hapless feral chicken..... :eek: ....... he;s a junior member here now.. for crying out loud.... you owe him more respect!.....  ::)

;D

He's a junior alright! His response when shown he is inadequate to deal with the truth is to return to Junior High.  It is the liberal in him that requires he return to the juvenile.

Your problem is you tried to treat him as an adult. 8) ;)