The best of times

On one occasion another student at his wife took my wife and I out & treated us to Chateaubriand steaks.

fishinnut said:
One of the most practical classes I took was something called something like, "Practical Writing" taught by Mrs. Barber. It was practical for that time & the low tech printing & document creation of the times (e.g., the early 80's when I graduated).

But the class was most helpful in teaching proper form & format for church stationary,  forms & documents.

That was a great class.  She was actually a tough teacher...classes I learned in.

PS  It is stationery.  ;)

RAIDER said:
While the pizza was decent, the fried chicken was fantastic!!
d551b48c356416d059956b0e922483ac.jpg

Collapsing in bed Monday afternoon after being up for some 33 hours straight.

16KJV11 said:
Collapsing in bed Monday afternoon after being up for some 33 hours straight.

Yeah, but did you forget to eat?

I will say that taking a nap on the rare occasions was awfully nice!

Going to the area racquetball club and enjoying the hot tub and sauna.......until it was outlawed. 

RAIDER said:
Going to the area racquetball club and enjoying the hot tub and sauna.......until it was outlawed.

Was it outlawed because of the Sherwood Speedo?

Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

I can't remember if he ever went to the club with us.  It required physical activity so I doubt it.

RAIDER said:
Teri in NC said:
RAIDER said:

I can't remember if he ever went to the club with us.  It required physical activity so I doubt it.

No doubt...

fishinnut said:
One of the most practical classes I took was something called something like, "Practical Writing" taught by Mrs. Barber. It was practical for that time & the low tech printing & document creation of the times (e.g., the early 80's when I graduated).

But the class was most helpful in teaching proper form & format for church stationary,  forms & documents.

Ooooh....she might have a hissy if she saw you type "stationary", instead of "stationery".  A good way to remember:  if there's a letter  involved, there should be an "e" in stationery...."e" as in lEtter:)

Jo said:
fishinnut said:

Ooooh....she might have a hissy if she saw you type "stationary", instead of "stationery".  A good way to remember:  if there's a letter  involved, there should be an "e" in stationery...."e" as in lEtter:)
Hey.......my wife was born with the built in spellcheck, not me. But thanks anyway.  ::)

Visiting the bus route with my friends.

Working Buckets & Bows ..to this day I'm not afraid to clean a bathroom.

Meeting my husband who has been my best friend for 40 + years.

Listening to great speakers in chapel Bob Hughes, Dan Parr, they left a mark!!

Sherryh said:

That was one post where there could have been four.  Must have had a good time!

Baptist City Holdout said:
Sherryh said:

That was one post where there could have been four.  Must have had a good time!

I could write a book about the negative but I "let it go" . God will deal with the wrong that was done there...not me!!

Sherryh said:

Sherryl, I must openly rebuke you for taking four good posts and combining them into one!

The best of times.......

...having a little extra money now and then to split the cost of Chili and Chips from Liberty Square and share with that friend.