The capricious interpretation of Bibleprotector and his claims to KJVOism

FSSL said:
So... you believe the Holy Ghost and the Holy Spirit are different?

I know that different words have different meanings. I also know that different words describe the same person. Therefore, as predictably as anything, you are more willing to try to find some error in me. Since when did that become the overarching consideration of your "ministry"?

You are elusive. You provide neither clarity nor consistency. Why not just tell us what you believe?

logos1560 said:
Perhaps "Holy Spirit" at Luke 11:13 was only an inconsistency in capitalization like many other inconsistencies in editing in the mid-1700's in KJV editions.

That is ultimately the same as saying that perhaps no letter is accurate in the Scripture.

If any permutation is only an inconsistency, your only belief is that there is inconsistency. An atheist would be in full agreement with you.

From this we can conclude that you are a Deist. You believe that God originally inspired the Scripture, but then allowed natural law to outwork, so that there is no finality whether it is hoLY sPirIT or any other combination (you will have to do the maths, I am just wildly guessing maybe 90).

FSSL said:
You are elusive. You provide neither clarity nor consistency. Why not just tell us what you believe?

I believe you misrepresent me. I believe that you seek to make my words/meaning/teaching neither clear nor consistent.

I also believe that it is more convenient for you to use rhetoric to make me out to not believe in the Holy Ghost (the Spirit of God) than to pursue a proper appraisal of me.

When you say "The Holy Spirit does not exist in Luke 11:13" and then you do not give us your conclusion to this statement: "I know that different words have different meanings. I also know that different words describe the same person. "

The problem resides in your statements... vague, elusive and unclear.

[quote author=FSSL]The problem resides in your statements... vague, elusive and unclear.[/quote]

Welcome to KJVo-ism. :)

FSSL said:
When you say "The Holy Spirit does not exist in Luke 11:13" and then you do not give us your conclusion to this statement: "I know that different words have different meanings. I also know that different words describe the same person. "

The problem resides in your statements... vague, elusive and unclear.

Actually, the problem resides in your deliberate or accidental misconceptions, since I never said, "The Holy Spirit does not exist in Luke 11:13".

Again, only a fool or knave would say that the word "Spirit" and "Ghost" are identical. They are not the same word.

And so, the whole agenda to say that somehow I do not believe in the Spirit of God, the Holy Ghost, the third member of the Trinity, is entirely a fabrication, because it is very obvious to the honest person that this is exactly what I am saying, and that this is true doctrine.

bibleprotector said:
I never said, "The Holy Spirit does not exist in Luke 11:13".

That was a direct quote.

Again, only a fool or knave would say that the word "Spirit" and "Ghost" are identical. They are not the same word.

Only a KJVO would go to lengths to be this absurd.

Correction to above...

You said "The Holy Spirit only exists in Luke..."

Which does suggest that the Holy Spirit is not the same as the Holy Ghost.

I gather from the above posts that a certain number of KJVO types apparently believe that the words "Holy Ghost", "Holy Spirit", "Spirit of God", "Spirit of Jesus", "his spirit" (when referring to God's spirit), and "my spirit" (God, referring to His spirit), as they appear in the KJV, are not synonymous.

If not, how do they differ?

Granted, there are the "seven Spirits of God", as mentioned thrice in Revelation, but we know nothing certain from scripture about the distinctions among them.

SAWBONES said:
If not, how do they differ?

A word starting with the letter G is not the same as a word starting with the letter S.

Lord, Jesus and Christ could all mean the same person, but they do not all have the same meaning. Otherwise, you could say that the Father is Jesus (Jesus = Lord), or that Joshua the son of Nun is Christ (Jesus = Christ), etc.

There are not two different Holy Ghosts or something.

A word starting with the letter G is not the same as a word starting with the letter S.

Lord, Jesus and Christ could all mean the same person, but they do not all have the same meaning. Otherwise, you could say that the Father is Jesus (Jesus = Lord), or that Joshua the son of Nun is Christ (Jesus = Christ), etc.

There are not two different Holy Ghosts or something.

You avoided giving a clear answer.

Obviously, the words Ghost and Spirit are different words, yet they're synonyms.
Do you believe otherwise?
If so, please elaborate.

Lord, Christ and Jesus aren't synonyms, though Lord, as most often used in the Bible, might refer to any of the Persons of the Trinity, and context almost always makes the referent clear. We usually think of the same Person when Jesus or Christ are given, though of course the former is a proper name and the latter a title. None of that is in view.

Please explain how "Holy Ghost" and "Holy Spirit" differ in meaning, if you believe a difference in meaning exists.

bibleprotector said:
FSSL said:
So, are you suggesting that the Holy Spirit did not exist in the days of Joel?

The "Holy Spirit" only exists in Luke 11:13.

However, the Holy Ghost, who is the third member of the Trinity, is eternal, and so of course He existed in the days of Joel.

You said right here that the Holy Spirit is not eternal ("only exists in Luke 11:13") but that the Holy Ghost is eternal (the Holy Ghost...is eternal")

Then, when FSSL points out that absurdity of your claim, you get all defensive:
bibleprotector said:
FSSL said:
So... you believe the Holy Ghost and the Holy Spirit are different?

I know that different words have different meanings. I also know that different words describe the same person. Therefore, as predictably as anything, you are more willing to try to find some error in me. Since when did that become the overarching consideration of your "ministry"?

If you didn't mean what you said earlier about the Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost being different persons then just admit you misspoke.

Being against the perfection of the King James Bible seems to have a remarkable correlation with misquotation and deliberate confounding of issues.

The hypocrisy here is that even modern versions have "Holy Spirit" at Luke 11:13.

SAWBONES said:
Please explain how "Holy Ghost" and "Holy Spirit" differ in meaning, if you believe a difference in meaning exists.

Bibleprotector... do you have an answer for this?

FSSL said:
SAWBONES said:

Bibleprotector... do you have an answer for this?

That is like asking whether I answer loaded questions.

Why is this difficult for you? The Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost are the same person.

Do you agree?

FSSL said:
The Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost are the same person.

Do you agree?

Yes. Why imply difficulties where none exist? The truth is that your entire caption "The capricious interpretation of Bibleprotector" is sensationalism without substance.

So if Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit denote the same Person, they're synonyms, and your insistence that they're "not the same" becomes yet another "distinction without a difference" argument.

To me, this seems unimportant, but I'd be interested in how and why you seem to believe the distinction matters.

bibleprotector said:
Yes. Why imply difficulties where none exist? The truth is that your entire caption "The capricious interpretation of Bibleprotector" is sensationalism without substance.

If it was sensationalism, then the points would be easily toppled. You haven't even attempted to debate the actual OP.

Please explain why you have produced your own edition that does not capitalize Spirit in places where it is obviously referring to Diety.