The craziest thing I saw at HAC/FBCH

sawthruglassclearly said:
I agree with you, Teri!  I?ve always said that place was either a ladder or a crutch.  They used to preach that they?d take care of you from the cradle to the grave.  They made some of those people so dependent that they couldn?t find their way out.  Some of them had no place else to go for the reasons you stated.  Some of them seemed to have Stockholm Syndrome.  It was a sick and sad situation.  My life began the day I walked out that door and I have never regretted one day since.  I saw John Colsten get made fun of from the pulpit and there sat Elaine, laughing right along with the rest.  I saw self-admitted deviants left to work around young girls and children.  I saw a grown man open his pants in Sunday School and the superintendent of that department told the group that we didn?t see what we clearly saw!  I saw people blackmailed with their misdeeds.  If those misdeeds had truly happened, then what were they doing in those jobs in the first place?  What an awful way to have to describe the church you grew up in!  Maybe that is why I am interested in watching Leah Remini expose Scientology!  I did what I could, but as the saying says, ?You can lead a horse to water.....?

I have watched a few episodes of that show...and I admit there are MANY similarities.  It scared me.  :(

Regarding the word ?evil?, I don?t see it anywhere in my post.

Good point.

Regarding the word ?evil?, I don?t see it anywhere in my post.

Here, I'll fix it.

John Colsten had a good (but dry) sense of humor.  He would laugh at himself and enjoyed playing the part with Dr. Hyles.  That is why Elaine laughed.  I know there were problems at FBCH, but making these kind of things out to be "wrong" is silly.

Regarding the word ?wrong?:  I do not see it anywhere in my post. Also, this time, I will add that you seem stuck on the John Colsten comment.  You have every right to view what you believe to be John Colsten?s dry sense of humor being a good foil to Jack Hyles penchant for making fun of his subordinates or contemporaries.  Perhaps many of the folks in the forum have intimate knowledge of the dryness of John Colsten?s sense of humor.  I have no idea.  I do know that if that sort of thing was perpetrated upon me or my significant other in front of thousands of people on a regular basis, I would find it necessary to defend my loved one.  If it continued, I would likely leave that situation altogether because I love and respect my spouse and cannot imagine enduring that, or asking another to, while sitting in front of others, no matter the place, the reason, or the size of the gathering.  I personally find it in poor taste and extremely disrespectful.

The most ironic thing about the Colsten family is that it is Elaine is the one who wears the pants and dispenses the beatdown when they get home.

Regarding the word ?wrong?:  I do not see it anywhere in my post. Also, this time, I will add that you seem stuck on the John Colsten comment.  You have every right to view what you believe to be John Colsten?s dry sense of humor being a good foil to Jack Hyles penchant for making fun of his subordinates or contemporaries.  Perhaps many of the folks in the forum have intimate knowledge of the dryness of John Colsten?s sense of humor.  I have no idea.  I do know that if that sort of thing was perpetrated upon me or my significant other in front of thousands of people on a regular basis, I would find it necessary to defend my loved one.  If it continued, I would likely leave that situation altogether because I love and respect my spouse and cannot imagine enduring that, or asking another to, while sitting in front of others, no matter the place, the reason, or the size of the gathering.  I personally find it in poor taste and extremely disrespectful.

You mean like Beverly Hyles telling Jack to "STOP!"?

A. I find it entirely believable that Elaine ?wears the pants in the family and dispenses the beat downs?. Too bad she didn?t dispense some of that on Jack Hyles from her seat at the organ!!!!
B. I think that if the late Beverly Hyles had told Jack to STOP, CEASE, AND DESIST then THAT would have been one of THE GREATEST things that could EVER have happened at FBCH!!!!!

I had a pastor that graduated in 1976 and he roomed with a certain guy as a freshman.  I was a freshman in 1979 and roomed with the same guy.  Pure Hacker!!!

There were guys that would wear wrinkled shirts with pit stains and pants that look like they sat in the dryer for 2 days.  If I knew the guy was struggling financially I felt for him.  Many times the guy was just an idiot.

One Sunday morning I sat down with my wife & a guy in a long overcoat that went almost to the floor sat down next to me. When we stood for a song I saw that he had a sawed-off shotgun under his coat. I walked to the back walled where a friend who was a Munster policeman was an usher was standing. I told what I saw & told him that when I returned to my seat that the guy next to me was holding a shotgun. He along with a uniformed Hammond policeman followed me,  apprehended the guy & hauled him out of the building and put him under arrest.

fishinnut said:
One Sunday morning I sat down with my wife & a guy in a long overcoat that went almost to the floor sat down next to me. When we stood for a song I saw that he had a sawed-off shotgun under his coat. I walked to the back walled where a friend who was a Munster policeman was an usher was standing. I told what I saw & told him that when I returned to my seat that the guy next to me was holding a shotgun. He along with a uniformed Hammond policeman followed me,  apprehended the guy & hauled him out of the building and put him under arrest.
I wonder if Brother Hyles ever found out about that? People always thought that he was lying when he talked about the fact that people wanted to kill him.

16KJV11 said:
fishinnut said:
I wonder if Brother Hyles ever found out about that? People always thought that he was lying when he talked about the fact that people wanted to kill him.

Now that's a stretch.  He probably wanted to shoot his ex-wife.

Make no mistake, there were a lot of people who wanted to kill Jack Hyles! They just might not have been the type one would pick out of a lineup!

A deaf person crossed the tracks on Oakley...well, not quite across.

It's very hard to resist yelling at deaf people, when they cant hear the train, even though they cant hear you, either.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

fishinnut said:

If Jack Hyles told this story we would say that he made it up. ;)

I saw a guy so tired during the Lord's Supper that he fell asleep and dropped his juice glass on the golden carpet.

RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:

The cops name was J Potter.

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:

The cops name was Joel Potter.

Just giving you a hard time.  ;)