The craziest thing I saw at HAC/FBCH

The craziest thing I saw at HAC was when I was standing out in front of the college with a pastor friend who was telling me about his attendance on his big day. We were standing close to the Jack Hyles shrine when he told me, "We came so close to meeting our goal. We were just 7 away from setting a new record!" All of a sudden, a voice came out of the statue and said, "Don't forget to count the nursing (cough) home!" Right then and there my friend dropped to his knees and called the Sword of the Lord to report that they had broken their attendance record.

...he being dead still speaks (Hebrews 11:4). 

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
One Sunday morning I sat down with my wife & a guy in a long overcoat that went almost to the floor sat down next to me. When we stood for a song I saw that he had a sawed-off shotgun under his coat. I walked to the back walled where a friend who was a Munster policeman was an usher was standing. I told what I saw & told him that when I returned to my seat that the guy next to me was holding a shotgun. He along with a uniformed Hammond policeman followed me,  apprehended the guy & hauled him out of the building and put him under arrest.

If Jack Hyles told this story we would say that he made it up. ;)
The cops name was J Potter.
Yup

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Citadel of Truth said:
The craziest thing I saw at HAC was when I was standing out in front of the college with a pastor friend who was telling me about his attendance on his big day. We were standing close to the Jack Hyles shrine when he told me, "We came so close to meeting our goal. We were just 7 away from setting a new record!" All of a sudden, a voice came out of the statue and said, "Don't forget to count the nursing (cough) home!" Right then and there my friend dropped to his knees and called the Sword of the Lord to report that they had broken their attendance record.

...he being dead still speaks (Hebrews 11:4).

Wow!  This one could be on the "YMBAH if....." thread!!

A Hacker let a live mouse run on his tongue as part of a PS skit.

The guys that frothed at the mouth bragging about how many hours they worked and spent on the bus route while sleeping through and failing classes.

Twisted said:
Teri in NC said:
16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
Baptist City Holdout said:
16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:
That is still the thing that baffles me the most.  How in the world could so many of these "high profile" guys sit there week after week and listen to the bazaar comments that he made during sermons?

$$$$$$$$$
Putting up with that for MAYBE 30k  a year?
I think it has more to do with the 'prestige' of working there or the 'fear' of leaving if you were to try.

And not being able to tell the truth as to why you are leaving to a prospective employer.

Yes, we won't want to tell anyone that we were leaving because you thought false doctrine was being preached.  ;)
It's called 'disloyalty'...  :mad:  Phooey!
I think many of them don't think they have anywhere else to go.  No skillset.  Nothing marketable.

Just my opinion, but I think I am right.

Pickle factories are always hiring.

I have spoken to one of the men on that platform about this very sermon and issue.

1. They weren't paid enough to buy their loyalty.

2. This man told me he didn't think anything of it.  It wasn't until I asked the question that the "other" entendre was realized.  He thought it was sick that people thought that way.  I didn't tell him that it was the thing I thought of as well.  ;)

3.  There were men that were against Schaap's teaching but didn't leave because God called them there in the first place.  There was hope that it would get fixed and the church would straighten back out.  Seems that was the case, no?  The staff member I spoke to -I know for a fact- was on Schaap's "crap" list constantly for voicing an opposite opinion.

4. To me, there is a difference between those who stuck it out and went along with it, and those who stuck it out and were waiting out the storm.  No one really knew what the real storm was at the time.

GeneFrenkle said:
Twisted said:
Teri in NC said:
16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:
That is still the thing that baffles me the most.  How in the world could so many of these "high profile" guys sit there week after week and listen to the bazaar comments that he made during sermons?

$$$$$$$$$
I think it has more to do with the 'prestige' of working there or the 'fear' of leaving if you were to try.

And not being able to tell the truth as to why you are leaving to a prospective employer.

Yes, we won't want to tell anyone that we were leaving because you thought false doctrine was being preached.  ;)
I think many of them don't think they have anywhere else to go.  No skillset.  Nothing marketable.

I have spoken to one of the men on that platform about this very sermon and issue.

2. This man told me he didn't think anything of it.  It wasn't until I asked the question that the "other" entendre was realized.  He thought it was sick that people thought that way.  I didn't tell him that it was the thing I thought of as well.  ;)

3.  There were men that were against Schaap's teaching but didn't leave because God called them there in the first place.  There was hope that it would get fixed and the church would straighten back out.  Seems that was the case, no?  The staff member I spoke to -I know for a fact- was on Schaap's "crap" list constantly for voicing an opposite opinion.

4. To me, there is a difference between those who stuck it out and went along with it, and those who stuck it out and were waiting out the storm.  No one really knew what the real storm was at the time.

Some men were paid very well under the Schaap regime....youth pastors $50,000 assistant pastors up to $70,000.  Some men were not paid well....school staff $19,000-$30,000.
It all would depend on who you were in relation to proximity to the 4th member of the trinity aka Schaap.

Gonefishin said:
GeneFrenkle said:
Twisted said:
Teri in NC said:
16KJV11 said:
RAIDER said:
16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:
RAIDER said:

$$$$$$$$$

Some men were paid very well under the Schaap regime....youth pastors $50,000 assistant pastors up to $70,000.  Some men were not paid well....school staff $19,000-$30,000.
It all would depend on who you were in relation to proximity to the 4th member of the trinity aka Schaap.

Bet there's no assist. pastors making $70,000 now :)

So if Schaap liked you ...you didn't have enough brains to leave and get out of the mess there.

there are no words for some things