The Hacker Dictionary Word of the Day!

Tennessean said:
fishinnut said:
Family Bible Library

One year while at HAC there was a guy from a sales organization called Family Bible Library that sold a set or series of 10 books of illustrated Bible stories of the whole Bible. The students were encourage to sell the professionally published books.

I sold 2 sets. One to myself.

We used the stories for years for our daily family devotions. I believe this gave our kids, from the earliest ages a good overview of the major Bible stories.

Last week one of my kids & my only 2 grandkids came for a late Christmas visit. I gave them the Family Bible Library. Last night I received an email from my son-in-law the my 6 year old grandson had read himself to sleep every night reading the stories.

Good investment & just on part of passing the baton to another generation.

do you know if the company still sells them
I looked on Amazon....it doesn't look like the "company" is selling them but there is a set listed for sale for $60.

"Unasked for advice is seldom heeded & often resented."

Oft spoken by someone I greatly resent...........but the quote itself is spot on.

The Hot Seat

The name Dave Hyles used for the 'shock chair' he had made for the teams that didn't reach their goal of converts for Teenage Soul-Winning.

Smellin Coffee said:
The Hot Seat

The name Dave Hyles used for the 'shock chair' he had made for the teams that didn't reach their goal of converts for Teenage Soul-Winning.
Eddie LaPina continued this tradition

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Binaca Chugger said:
Smellin Coffee said:
The Hot Seat

Eddie LaPina continued this tradition

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

When he took over, he used it on occasion but from what I recall, only as a prank.

Smellin Coffee said:
The Hot Seat

I suspect my dad & Dave Hyles would not have got along very well.

Have you ever heard the term "he's just gone missing"?  I think its a criminal justice term.

Church Ed. treasure.........the word "SECRET"

When any of the FBCH secretaries would teach classes about their position they would alway emphasis the "SECRET" is the basis of the word secretary.

Evidentially JS's secretary/assistant did not fall for this......

Since Raider has turned into a deadbeat slacker HACker on this his thread I again stand in the gap............

Memorization. There was a teacher by the name Jack Rose at HAC (also a HACker in his own right) who thought that memorizing the spellings all the books of the Bible and all the spelling of the kings of the Old Testament was tantamount too true Bible knowledge in the Bible survey classes that he taught.

Of course this was before computers did spell check. Did it really matter if we memorize the spellings of all those books of the Bible and names of the Kings? What a waste of time for everyone in his classes on Bible surveys .

Doesn't both me who made the quote............Joe C used Wiersbe teaching as his own, to the max.

Where are the new terms (words).

I feel like my Hacker education is suffering.

Can you define Legalist for us.

Legalism in Christian theology, is the act of putting law above gospel by establishing requirements for salvation beyond repentance and faith in Jesus Christ and reducing the broad, inclusive and general precepts of the Bible to narrow and rigid moral codes.

Legalism, A doctrine of salvation in which salvation is gained through good works.

Legalism, in Christianity, is a term referring to an improper fixation on law or codes of conduct for a person to merit or obtain salvation & blessing from God

sword said:

Legalism in Christian theology, is the act of putting law above gospel by establishing requirements for salvation beyond repentance and faith in Jesus Christ and reducing the broad, inclusive and general precepts of the Bible to narrow and rigid moral codes.

Legalism, A doctrine of salvation in which salvation is gained through good works.

Legalism, in Christianity, is a term referring to an improper fixation on law or codes of conduct for a person to merit or obtain salvation & blessing from God
There you go again........

You my friend are just a contemporary legalist that's when a Christian measures other Christians for not keeping certain codes of conduct that he thinks need to be observed.

"Word"............vs...............someone's good word to HACkers.

I feel so guilty & unedumacated, but hey I'm an HAC grad.

fishinnut said:
sword said:

You my friend are just a contemporary legalist that's when a Christian measures other Christians for not keeping certain codes of conduct that he thinks need to be observed.

At what point did I appear to have the traits of a legalist?
Just wondering why I would be branded that way?

sword said:
fishinnut said:
sword said:

At what point did I appear to have the traits of a legalist?
Just wondering why I would be branded that way?
Just messing with you since you implied I lacked an education worthy of understanding word or or a word.

Besides there are many many HACker IFBX contemporary legalist.

FSSL and ADMIN, while I love this thread and had a lot of fun adding to it, I think it may have ran its course.  If you want to remove it from the "Sticky Topic" section I would understand.  If you feel it needs to remain for new posters I also understand.

RAIDER said:
FSSL and ADMIN, while I love this thread and had a lot of fun adding to it, I think it may have ran its course.  If you want to remove it from the "Sticky Topic" section I would understand.  If you feel it needs to remain for new posters I also understand.
Is there no more Hacker words for us to learn?

Is there not a cause?

Is there no one to "make up the hedge, and stand in the gap".