The Hacker Thread about Absolutely Nothing Particular!

This is a Hero
2018_Hero-Sandwich_20811_600x600.jpg

And hello folks. Long time.

No sir.

THIS is a real hero:
1580523767703.png

We had students whose parents were paying their way, who volunteered to monitor the sign-in/sign-out sheets. They would turn in students who failed to do either, even though many of those students had to work jobs and would forget. They even learned to monitor those students so they would always get caught if they forgot to sign in or sign out.

Over the decades, I have seen different forums post praises of ungodly students, incompetent teachers, and leaders who fell into sin. I have seen posts praising youth workers who helped find girls for Dave Hyles, Vineyard's Gangsters, and students who repudiated God in their later years.

But I have never, anywhere, seen a post praising the students who went around informing on others.

Looking through the threads, I suddenly cannot recall all the words to the HAC anthem. Will they revoke my BS degree? (Bachelor of Science - not what you were thinking)

Looking through the threads, I suddenly cannot recall all the words to the HAC anthem. Will they revoke my BS degree? (Bachelor of Science - not what you were thinking)
Long these honored halls of learning
Have been filled with joy and tears
And the precious, sacred mem'ries
Will be cherished through the years.

I'm afraid it wasn't true.

I need some info, please:

What is the longest that you have ever been a member of the same church, and what denomination was it?

11 years at Abundant Life Assemblies of God church.

Vince:

In all those years you have been with the Assemblies of God have you aquired the gifts of:
  • Gifts of healings.
  • Miracles.
  • Prophecy
  • Tongues.

No offense intended, I'm just curious.

Vince:

In all those years you have been with the Assemblies of God have you aquired the gifts of:
  • Gifts of healings.
  • Miracles.
  • Prophecy
  • Tongues.

Wisdom?
Discernment?

Vince:

• Gifts of healings.
  • Miracles.
  • Prophecy
  • Tongues.

No.

I did learn that prophecy includes comforting others but does not include ruling power. If I had known what the Scripture teaches, I would have been better able to refute the "man of God" garbage that they taught at HAC. I never accepted it, having seen the ungodly conduct of Vineyard's Gangsters.

Vince:

• Gifts of healings.
  • Miracles.
  • Prophecy
  • Tongues.

I want to explain my previous post: most Christians, Pentecostal and otherwise do not understand prophecy.

"But he that prophesieth, speaketh vnto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort. " 1 Cor. 14:3 A New Testament prophet builds people up, encourages them to do more for God, and comforts them. Notice that nothing is said about ruling over them, nor is anything said about predicting the future. Elsewhere in the NT we see that prophets could sometimes predict the future, but that is not listed as a requirement for the office.

Prophecy gives you the ability to help other Christians, but does not include ruling power.

"Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy". 1 Cor 14:1

It is not sinful to pray for the gift of prophecy, nor is it sinful to possess it. It is sinful, however, to oppose the gift, because God commands you to eagerly seek it.

"when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him." Deut. 18:22

Pentecostals get frightened by self-proclaimed prophets who demand ruling power, often by threatening the wrath of God on those who do not believe them.
And if their prophecies don't come to pass, they make more threats. This often works with Pentecostals because:

1. They don't claim Deut 18:22
  2. They don't realize that they can't lose their salvation, and the self-proclaimed prophet's threats are baseless
  3. They don't realize that the prophet has no right to claim ruling power
  4. They don't realize that there is no command for them to recognize a true prophet. A true prophet will do what God says, helping His people whether they realize he is a prophet or not.

No.

I did learn that prophecy includes comforting others but does not include ruling power. If I had known what the Scripture teaches, I would have been better able to refute the "man of God" garbage that they taught at HAC. I never accepted it, having seen the ungodly conduct of Vineyard's Gangsters.

Vince, you may want to consider getting some therapy. You seem to be hung up on things that happened a lifetime ago that most of us have long forgotten. You seem to be the only one who remember Vineyard and his followers as a monsters. A few have posted here and on the old forum about some unfairness and unresolved grievances but you take it to a whole other level.

In the wise words of the Disney Prophet Elsa, "Let It Go".

Move on and try to forget whatever mistreatment you believe was forced upon you. Lifes too short to be living 30 years in the past

Vince, you may want to consider getting some therapy. You seem to be hung up on things that happened a lifetime ago that most of us have long forgotten. You seem to be the only one who remember Vineyard and his followers as a monsters. A few have posted here and on the old forum about some unfairness and unresolved grievances but you take it to a whole other level.

In the wise words of the Disney Prophet Elsa, "Let It Go".

Move on and try to forget whatever mistreatment you believe was forced upon you. Lifes too short to be living 30 years in the past
Isn't Vinnie married to Jeri?

Sword, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

I didn't explain myself properly. If I had known, decades ago, that prophecy includes comforting the saints, but does not include ruling power, I would have saved myself a lot of problems at HAC.

I had researched the phrase "man of God" a few years ago. In every case except one, it is clearly stated that the man of God was a prophet. At HAC we were taught that it was wrong to oppose the sins of a self-proclaimed man of God, and violent gang members assigned themselves the title "man of God" as a license to sin without interference.

Jim Vineyard and I reconciled when I taught in his college. We parted on good terms (an unusual feat, by the way) and remained friends. Except for Joan of Arc, I have posted more good about Jim than anyone else on the internet.