The Hacker Thread about Absolutely Nothing Particular!

Folks, we had 12 kids (again) on my SUV yesterday. Discussing it on the internet with friends down here, it comes up again: It is amazing how your Christian life and service can improve by switching churches.

Thirteen years ago, we left our Baptist church after a small group seized control, and despite being IFBs, my wife and I were blessed by God in a soul-winning Assemblies of God church. About a year ago, the pastor turned hostile and we left. And we are doing well in another church.

A family of con artists who make their living pretending to be missionaries often post promises from God on their Facebook page, and they really do have people sending them money. They do no missionary work here in Mexico, where they live. They recently came up with a new one:

They post God's Old Testament Names and translate them (correctly) into promises that He will meet their needs. In other words, they are putting God's reputation for truthfulness on the line, publicly, to raise money.

Man, that's a risky game to play.

They're vaccinating people here in Chapala, and I want to discuss the report that the coronavirus is fake.

1) The media is largely to blame, because they slanted the news to make it more terrifying than it really is. People eventually saw that the news cannot be trusted.
a) About a year ago, the media published exciting headlines about how America's meat supply was in danger because meat plant workers were getting coronavirus. A few weeks later, the same media were not reporting that almost all of them had returned to work, were now immune, and there was no meat shortage.
b) The media published grieving headlines when half a million Americans died in the first year from coronavirus. I have yet to find one of those reports that states that 2.8 million Americans die every year, and that many of those coronavirus victims (which are a tragedy) had a variety of illnesses when they died.

2) Poorly-educated bloggers are reporting that the coronavirus is a fake. These same bloggers were online a year ago, issuing terrified pleas for people not to panic, urging people to lock themselves in their houses, and to practice legal persecution of people who were using common sense.

They're vaccinating people here in Chapala, and I want to discuss the report that the coronavirus is fake.

1) The media is largely to blame, because they slanted the news to make it more terrifying than it really is. People eventually saw that the news cannot be trusted.
a) About a year ago, the media published exciting headlines about how America's meat supply was in danger because meat plant workers were getting coronavirus. A few weeks later, the same media were not reporting that almost all of them had returned to work, were now immune, and there was no meat shortage.
b) The media published grieving headlines when half a million Americans died in the first year from coronavirus. I have yet to find one of those reports that states that 2.8 million Americans die every year, and that many of those coronavirus victims (which are a tragedy) had a variety of illnesses when they died.

2) Poorly-educated bloggers are reporting that the coronavirus is a fake. These same bloggers were online a year ago, issuing terrified pleas for people not to panic, urging people to lock themselves in their houses, and to practice legal persecution of people who were using common sense.
FYI, coronaviruses are not fake. There are many of them.
What is true is that this particular "virus" has never been isolated.
I feel sorry for those being given the shot (it's not a vaccine) because of the potential long-term effects.

FYI, coronaviruses are not fake. There are many of them.
What is true is that this particular "virus" has never been isolated.
I feel sorry for those being given the shot (it's not a vaccine) because of the potential long-term effects.
Good Heavens, Twisted! That is a sound, rational, logical post! I KNEW you were an intelligent man.

Following official estimates that reported cases of Covid 19 are only 1 out of 8, today's numbers show that about .375% of all people who get the virus die. About 4% of people currently known to have the coronavirus are in serious condition.

CAN YOU GET CORONAVIRUS MORE THAN ONCE? There are two cold truths here: We don't know, and the media is reporting slanted news. Since tests are unreliable, no one can prove that both illnesses were Covid 19 (There are a lot of other viruses around). The consensus of doctors is that it is rare but possible AND most people who get it a second time usually have it for such a short time that they show few or no symptoms.
Once you fight off a virus, your body learns how to quickly produce antibodies if you get infected again. The antibodies usually last about six weeks. But if you get re-infected, your body quickly builds more antibodies. This also works with viruses similar to the one you fought off.

Whatever Happened to Darell Nichols?

He did a lot of skits for Dave Hyles' teen church, and they had him do a "Nichols Nonsense Night" series of skits at HAC. We were friends, and he really was Godly. He was worried that everyone would think of him as a clown (He was a good one) and not take him seriously as a preacher. Does anybody know what happened to him?

Whatever Happened to Darell Nichols?

He did a lot of skits for Dave Hyles' teen church, and they had him do a "Nichols Nonsense Night" series of skits at HAC. We were friends, and he really was Godly. He was worried that everyone would think of him as a clown (He was a good one) and not take him seriously as a preacher. Does anybody know what happened to him?
Found him! https://antiochchurchmuncie.org/pastors-page/

Down here in Ol' Mexico, we have no government dog pounds. But we have several animal shelters that are run completely as charities. And a Godly Christian woman, who works at one, took a sick dog to the vet, who euthanized the dog. So she went on a Facebook crusade against him, and posts piled up, ripping into the veterinarian.
And now he is suing her.
Reading her story, it is clear that he is an evil veterinarian and she is a kind-hearted dog-lover. Reading his story, it is clear that she is an evil bully, and he is a kind-hearted veterinarian. And surprisingly, their stories are almost identical.
"To answer before listening-- that is folly and shame." Proverbs 18:13

Anyone remember Tom Wallace preaching the Sunday we had 20,000 in Sunday School? That evening, Jack Hyles put his arm around him and told the congregation that he had told the deacons that if anything happened to Hyles, he wanted them to make Tom Wallace the new pastor.
I found him on Facebook --90 years old and still preaching regularly!

Anyone remember Tom Wallace preaching the Sunday we had 20,000 in Sunday School? That evening, Jack Hyles put his arm around him and told the congregation that he had told the deacons that if anything happened to Hyles, he wanted them to make Tom Wallace the new pastor.
I always liked his preaching. Once there was a new convert, an elderly gentleman who had the same name. he was excited to hear another Tom Wallace was going to be a guest preacher.

"Man of God" is not a New Testament office. Jesus, John the Baptist, the Apostle Paul, etc., are never described as the "man of God."
I was thinking this morning about various instances where a Church had wronged people, and the pastor decreed from the pulpit that they had put all that behind them. The victims didn't think so; it takes more than a false statement from the "man of God" to correct wrong-doing.

I attended the same church as he did about ten years ago. I was talking with him after a service and shared a prayer request in the normal fashion in church conversation. You know, something like: "yeah, this is going on and we really need this to happen... Would you pray about that with us?" He agreed that he would, put his arm around me and started praying. Like, for a full five minutes. Not a casual, dear Jesus, this request, amen. But a real pouring out of the heart to God. No one has ever done that in a conversation with me before or after. It made an impression on me that this man really had a real relationship with God.

Today we paid $1548.13 US for one year's medical insurance for both of us. There are no deductibles and most of the medicines are included free.

Retiring to Mexico is an intelligent option for many Americans.

159 years ago today, the most powerful army on the face of the Earth (at that time) advanced on a small city in east central Mexico. Outnumbered, out-equipped, out-trained, out-supplied, outmaneuvered, outgunned, but not outmanned, Mexico gave France a beating so loud that it rings through the nation today.

Cinco de Mayo! The Fifth of May!

Judson College, a private women's Baptist college affiliated with the Alabama Baptist Convention, has filed for bankruptcy and is closing. After a successful fund-raiser, the college had still dropped from 145 students to 80 registered for this fall.