The OFFICIAL "You might be a Hacker if...." thread!

the one i mentioned is from an actual instance too.... but i didn;t witness it... . i was told about it by my adoptive sister - who had discovered one day as a child that all the books being used to hold up her dresser on an old uneven floor, had the name jack hyles on them..... (our dad is an ex-hacker.. attended a short while... then left)

but they didn;t bring any of those books with them when they moved to hawaii....didn;t need to. . they were able to buy new furniture that had it;s own legs and rented a house a with a level floor....
It's hard to make the cut when moving to Hawaii.

It's hard to make the cut when moving to Hawaii.
i know... i barely made the cut myself.... the way my natural sister sneaked me out of the hospital and onto a plane probably wasn;t even legal... .. but her opinion was it;s easier to ask forgiveness later than for permission ahead of time... ...and back then it was easier to fall through the cracks in the system than it is now..... or to sneak through as the case may have been....

To truly define a Hacker it would take volumes. Here's the short version - A Hacker is not just someone who attended Hyles-Anderson College, though one must attend Hyles-Anderson to be a Hacker. A Hacker is a student who swallowed everything HAC, hook, line, and sinker. A Hacker lost common sense somewhere along the line. A Hacker's top accomplishment is to "turn in" anyone who isn't living up to full Hackerhood. A true Hacker carries his traits far past graduation. There is so much more to share, but I hope these simple words are a blessing as we seek to understand this unique creature.
I may have made the cut right up to about 1989 when the "Sumner Articles" came out and I actually met the man and had him sign my Old Scofield Bible (and realizing what an absolute jerk the man truly was)! I was still in the Navy at the time but was seriously considering Hyles-Anderson College when my enlistment was over. I went to see him preach whenever he was in the San Diego area. Looking back now, I can see that 1989 was likely the very beginning of the end of my days in IFB-Dumb! Quite a long goodbye though seeing it took over 14 years for God to get it through my thick skull that he was calling me out of this "Funny-Mental-ist" mess! Left the "Model IFB Church" (not FBCH) in 2003 and never looked back.

I may have made the cut right up to about 1989 when the "Sumner Articles" came out and I actually met the man and had him sign my Old Scofield Bible (and realizing what an absolute jerk the man truly was)! I was still in the Navy at the time but was seriously considering Hyles-Anderson College when my enlistment was over. I went to see him preach whenever he was in the San Diego area. Looking back now, I can see that 1989 was likely the very beginning of the end of my days in IFB-Dumb! Quite a long goodbye though seeing it took over 14 years for God to get it through my thick skull that he was calling me out of this "Funny-Mental-ist" mess! Left the "Model IFB Church" (not FBCH) in 2003 and never looked back.
Lightning Strike Alert! FBCH wasn't the Model IFB Church in '03?!?!?!? Stand back one and all.😅

Lightning Strike Alert! FBCH wasn't the Model IFB Church in '03?!?!?!? Stand back one and all.😅
I thought it was common knowledge that the "Mantle" transferred long ago from "Jackey Boy" Hyles to a certain young preecher out in the Southern California High Desert!

I am long out of the loop but what are the "Attendance Numbers" of Chappell's "Leadership Conference" as compared to "The Conference Formerly Known as the Pastor's School" in Hammond, IN?

Or is there now some new "Up and Comer" who has eclipsed Chappell?

I thought it was common knowledge that the "Mantle" transferred long ago from "Jackey Boy" Hyles to a certain young preecher out in the Southern California High Desert!

I am long out of the loop but what are the "Attendance Numbers" of Chappell's "Leadership Conference" as compared to "The Conference Formerly Known as the Pastor's School" in Hammond, IN?

I agree that it is common knowledge........ except for the HACker remnant.

Crappel is still the anointed one, sending Ind Bap kids back home to "straiten out" their parents/hone church.

YMBAHI....You name your first daughter Silvia. (She was the infamous dispatcher at Illinois School bus at whose name every bus captain trembled upon hearing)
There is absolutely no need to explain who Silvia is....
😜🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Crappel is still the anointed one, sending Ind Bap kids back home to "straiten out" their parents/hone church.
If that is happening and such is the reputation of WCBC, then any good Church ministry ought to think twice about hiring any of their grads! I am all for having differences of opinion and philosophical mindset but I don't want anyone who would be there with the intent to stir up trouble and controversy. Paul Chappell is no dummy and I am sure he has thought through the very same thing! I have also heard him from the pulpit saying expressly the very opposite thing; that graduates going to other ministries should expect to see things done differently than they learned at the College and are to be RESPECTFUL of whatever pastoral leadership they find themselves under. I would wholeheartedly agree with Chappell regarding this.

Paul Chappell is a BUSINESS MAN first and foremost and if WCBC has a reputation of training people to be "Troublemakers," then nobody will want to hire their graduates. If nobody hires their graduates, no one will want to attend WCBC and such will ultimately lead to their demise!

YMBAHI...You digitalized "The Hyles Church Manual" so you could add it to your Bible program.