The Pastor at Fairhaven....

WESLEY

Elect
Reaction score
Is Steve Damron still the Pastor at Fairhaven? He's been gone for several services...Services....
If not, who is / will be?

Is Steve Damron still the Pastor at Fairhaven? He's been gone for several services...Services....
If not, who is / will be?
All indications are that he is still the pastor. The website says he is, and the friends I have that were students there have stated that he's still the pastor. I'll have to take their word on it. It's not unusual for a pastor to take a hiatus to refresh himself....

All indications are that he is still the pastor. The website says he is, and the friends I have that were students there have stated that he's still the pastor. I'll have to take their word on it. It's not unusual for a pastor to take a hiatus to refresh himself....
well, being that he stated in September in a letter he sent out that he was resigning... and now he's been gone for several weeks.... Just asking!

well, being that he stated in September in a letter he sent out that he was resigning... and now he's been gone for several weeks.... Just asking!
I haven't heard anything about a resignation letter back in September...and if he did give one back in September, why would he wait so long to implement it? Doesn't sound right to me. , It also seems to me if you truly wanted to know you'd either call, text, or email them instead of coming here to ask....Seems more like the actions of someone who wants to try and stir things up.....jmho

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything about a resignation letter back in September...and if he did give one back in September, why would he wait so long to implement it? Doesn't sound right to me. , It also seems to me if you truly wanted to know you'd either call, text, or email them instead of coming here to ask....Seems more like the actions of someone who wants to try and stir things up.....jmho
A great man once said, the only way to judge somebody else's motives is what your own motives would be...

In the letter he said he would be helping the church select a pastor.
No Hidden Agenda. Watch the services on YouTube and just curious... not to mention, he's much more interesting than the second string hitters...

A great man once said, the only way to judge somebody else's motives is what your own motives would be...

In the letter he said he would be helping the church select a pastor.
No Hidden Agenda. Watch the services on YouTube and just curious... not to mention, he's much more interesting than the second string hitters...
Don't try to cast dispersions back at me...won't work. I just asked my best friend about the pastor, and am waiting to hear back from him and his wife. Their daughter and SIL graduated from Fairhaven and are still in touch with many there. I don't listen to much preaching from YouTube, regardless of who it is preaching. I still find it hard to believe you don't have a hidden agenda, especially in light of the fact you can just pick up a phone and call and get the answers to your questions. Seems rather fishy to me.

Don't try to cast dispersions back at me...won't work. I just asked my best friend about the pastor, and am waiting to hear back from him and his wife. Their daughter and SIL graduated from Fairhaven and are still in touch with many there. I don't listen to much preaching from YouTube, regardless of who it is preaching. I still find it hard to believe you don't have a hidden agenda, especially in light of the fact you can just pick up a phone and call and get the answers to your questions. Seems rather fishy to me.
again, no hidden agenda... what agenda would it be? just curious... doesn't even make sense, Joe

again, no hidden agenda... what agenda would it be? just curious... doesn't even make sense, Joe
I've stated CLEARLY that you have the opportunity and responsibility to either phone, text, or email the church to find out. Far too many dispersions have been cast on this college and church in the past, and usually without foundation. They usually start just as you have, by coming onto a public forum instead of taking responsibility and doing as I have suggested. Makes a whole lot of sense to me and others who have written to me about these things.

I was hovering overhead and saw this thread. Today I was chatting with a Fairhaven grad who has also "heard" the rumor of the current pastor leaving. This rumor is obviously widespread.

I ask an ignorant question. Where is Fairhaven?
Is Is it a flagship IFB church? I assume that is true.

Fairhaven is in Chesterton, IN.

My remembrance is from the early days of the FFF was that fairhaven was in the crowd that was against Hyles and a quick review of some things yielded verification of that my memory was right, from an insider of Fairhaven...

Why I'm not 100% for Fairhaven Baptist Church
Fairhaven has been maligned so many times...and I'm sure intentions were good in presenting this blog post...but I'm positive it's only half the story told by someone disgruntled. No college, church, or ministry is perfect. I'm sure we're all aware of that.

Fairhaven has been maligned so many times...and I'm sure intentions were good in presenting this blog post...but I'm positive it's only half the story told by someone disgruntled. No college, church, or ministry is perfect. I'm sure we're all aware of that.
Are you an alumni of Fairhaven? Perhaps still there? You seem might sensitive to an honest question as to the status of their pasor.... very weird

Are you an alumni of Fairhaven? Perhaps still there? You seem might sensitive to an honest question as to the status of their pasor.... very weird
I've stated many times where I'm from, where I attended college, and most here know my age. The only thing weird here is someone who is afraid to call the church and ask a question. You're OBVIOUSLY here to cause trouble. Go figure.

Because you egghead earthlings are too scared to pick up a phone, I just got off the phone with the receptionist at Fairhaven.
Steve Damron is NOT the pastor at Fairhaven. According to her, he stepped down about a month or so ago. They are currently searching for the next man.

Because you egghead earthlings are too scared to pick up a phone, I just got off the phone with the receptionist at Fairhaven.
Steve Damron is NOT the pastor at Fairhaven. According to her, he stepped down about a month or so ago. They are currently searching for the next man.
Don't you just love trolls? The trolls here aren't fun like the ones we had on the FFF. They're LITERALLY "space kadets!" And, what if he did resign...is it any business of ours? We aren't members of that particular church. It doesn't affect us in any way, shape, or form. It doesn't affect our salvation, ministry or anything else.

Last edited:
Don't you just love trolls? The trolls here aren't fun like the ones we had on the FFF. They're LITERALLY "space kadets!"
So new question.... will they select one of the Roger Voegtlin guys, or one more like Steve? I've seen a marked difference in Fairhaven since Steve Damron became pastor

So new question.... will they select one of the Roger Voegtlin guys, or one more like Steve? I've seen a marked difference in Fairhaven since Steve Damron became pastor
So, from your own statement evolves the question...are YOU a member of Fairhaven or a student at the college? You've SEEN a marked difference in Fairhaven? How? If you're not a member there or a student in the college, how could you have personally witnessed a marked difference? Seems to me you're tryiinig to stir something up that's NONE OF YOUR CONCERN.

Why don’t you just state your agenda?
You’d get a better response and true dialogue if that’s what you really want.