The Presidential Vote

For whom will you vote?

• Total voters
Bruh said:
Is it just about me? No! It's also about the over 10,000 oil field workers that are unemployed due to the barrel being as low as it is today.

This is a faulty understanding of economics...

Anyway, I must admit to being quite shocked that 8(!) people that voted in the poll are admitting to voting for Trump. And many are Christians!

Bruh said:
LongGone said:
Bruh said:
Well, down here in South West Louisiana, when a republican is in office the Oil Field seems to boom! Obama? not so much. 

Drilling = Jobs! plain and simple.  When republican is in office I consistently work 60 to 100 hours a week.  Obama? Well, Obama would rather make policies to make people unemployed and poorer just so the rich can be a little less rich. 

All the while he's becoming part of the filthy rich.  ::) ::)

Yes, because it is all about you. Honestly the two strongest economies under presidents that I can remember have been Reagan and Bill Clinton. IMHO they both benefited from the other party controlling congress most of their 8 years so that neither was able to push to an extreme.

If the rich continue to get richer, I will always have a job.............duh????

IMO, Clinton benefited from Reagan's policy's.

Is it just about me? No! It's also about the over 10,000 oil field workers that are unemployed due to the barrel being as low as it is today.

That is one aspect of the economy. Total unemployment was at 7.8% when O'Bama took office and is now at 4.7%. Unemployment was at 4.2% when Bush became President and at 7.8% when he left.

I understand why you support Trump if you think that he will improve your job opportunities but realize that makes you no different than the students who voted for Sanders because they would benefit from free college.

IMHO I would be cautious in being optimistic about Trump. He maybe a sometimes successful businessman but appears to have little coherent policy. Wearing a cap that states Make America Great Again will not be enough.

How would Clinton have benefited from Reagan's policy four years after Reagan was out of office but H. Bush did not?  With that logic Reagan benefited from Ford's policy.

I am know you have a difficult job situation and you have all my compassion on that front. I just do not see Trump as the answer. I do not know enough about oil jobs to know if they have always done well under the Republican administration but as a country we have done well under some Republicans and not so well under others.

Smellin Coffee said:
Folks, vote your conscience according to your ethics, whatever candidate that may be (or perhaps, that would be to not vote at all).

tumblr_m6098hqr1g1qcdoh5.jpg

I agree with the first part, but not the second.  Please, vote and be a part of this country's government. I'm not wild about either candidate, but I don't think that they are the same on every issue, so I'll have to ignore my dislikes and vote for the one that is the least awful.

Overheard: "In a country of 300+ million people, these are the best we could come up with??"

Darkwing Duck said:
Bruh said:

This is a faulty understanding of economics...

Anyway, I must admit to being quite shocked that 8(!) people that voted in the poll are admitting to voting for Trump. And many are Christians!

Faulty? I think not! The barrel is about $47 right now and this is why over 10,000 men and women are out of work in this area. South West Louisiana economy depends on the barrel being around $65 and higher.

Obama lifted the sactions on Iran and they are flooding the market as well.

Obama would rather make over 10,000 ppl unemployed so the rich can be a little less rich.

LongGone said:
Bruh said:
LongGone said:
Bruh said:
Well, down here in South West Louisiana, when a republican is in office the Oil Field seems to boom! Obama? not so much. 

Drilling = Jobs! plain and simple.  When republican is in office I consistently work 60 to 100 hours a week.  Obama? Well, Obama would rather make policies to make people unemployed and poorer just so the rich can be a little less rich. 

Yes, because it is all about you. Honestly the two strongest economies under presidents that I can remember have been Reagan and Bill Clinton. IMHO they both benefited from the other party controlling congress most of their 8 years so that neither was able to push to an extreme.

If the rich continue to get richer, I will always have a job.............duh????

That is one aspect of the economy. Total unemployment was at 7.8% when O'Bama took office and is now at 4.7%. Unemployment was at 4.2% when Bush became President and at 7.8% when he left.

I understand why you support Trump if you think that he will improve your job opportunities but realize that makes you no different than the students who voted for Sanders because they would benefit from free college.

IMHO I would be cautious in being optimistic about Trump. He maybe a sometimes successful businessman but appears to have little coherent policy. Wearing a cap that states Make America Great Again will not be enough.

How would Clinton have benefited from Reagan's policy four years after Reagan was out of office but H. Bush did not?  With that logic Reagan benefited from Ford's policy.

I am know you have a difficult job situation and you have all my compassion on that front. I just do not see Trump as the answer. I do not know enough about oil jobs to know if they have always done well under the Republican administration but as a country we have done well under some Republicans and not so well under others.

Free college and wanting a job to work is two totally different ideas.

From what I understand Trump got a man from North Dakota to write his energy policy. You may or may not know this but North Dakota was booming with drilling and Trump got someone up there to write his energy bill........no apologies here......he has my vote.....all day and twice in November!!

Oil aside, Trump WILL nominate a very very conservative to the Supreme Court that alone should make anyone vote for him.

My job situation is somewhat better. My wife is a stay at home mom so we've just had to make some very uncomfortable adjustments to our budget, we've been spoiled financially for about......well our entire marriage LOL!! The Lord has allowed us to build a nest egg.

Thanks for your concern.

Just because we disagree on politics doesn't mean we can't be friends because in the end there'll all probably end up in hell. Sad, but I believe this is the truth.

Smellin and I disagree on just about everything but I consider him my "pretend" (as my wife calls all of you on here) friend.

Bruh said:
Just because we disagree on politics doesn't mean we can't be friends because in the end they'll all probably end up in hell. Sad, but I believe this is the truth.

Democrats?

Bruh said:
LongGone said:
Bruh said:
LongGone said:
Bruh said:

Free college and wanting a job to work is two totally different ideas.

From what I understand Trump got a man from North Dakota to write his energy policy. You may or may not know this but North Dakota was booming with drilling and Trump got someone up there to write his energy bill........no apologies here......he has my vote.....all day and twice in November!!

Oil aside, Trump WILL nominate a very very conservative to the Supreme Court that alone should make anyone vote for him.

My job situation is somewhat better. My wife is a stay at home mom so we've just had to make some very uncomfortable adjustments to our budget, we've been spoiled financially for about......well our entire marriage LOL!! The Lord has allowed us to build a nest egg.

Thanks for your concern.

Just because we disagree on politics doesn't mean we can't be friends because in the end there'll all probably end up in hell. Sad, but I believe this is the truth.

Smellin and I disagree on just about everything but I consider him my "pretend" (as my wife calls all of you on here) friend.

I have no problem disagreeing and being friends. It may not always come across but I do try not to be mean spirited in my disagreement.

I still have concerns about Trump really adhering to any policy.  My perception of his campaign is that he states what is convenient without ever wanting to know facts. The easiest example was that of the description of the Mexican illegals.  I am not sure why you are confident that he will nominate conservatives to the Supreme Court as I question his own conservative credentials. He has supported whoever could serve him at the time. I don't see him being able to work with congress so even if he nominated a conservative he will struggle to get them approved. My perception is that he has lived in a world where due to money and position he states what he wants and no one hold him accountable. That would change as President. I do believe that the two strongest Presidents in my lifetime have been Reagan and Clinton. Both knew the importance of working with the opposition to be able to get things done. I know I can be very wrong but I see Trump as the candidate of chaos. We will not know nor will the world know what to expect because he will react rather than have a defined philosophy that will dictate his decision making. My two cents and will readily admit we will never know unless he is elected. Something I still do not see as likely but of course I never thought he would actually get the nomination.

Twisted said:
Bruh said:
Just because we disagree on politics doesn't mean we can't be friends because in the end they'll all probably end up in hell. Sad, but I believe this is the truth.

Democrats?

Sarah Palin!

Bruh said:
Twisted said:
Bruh said:

Democrats?

Sarah Palin!

She's a Democrat?

Twisted said:
Bruh said:
Twisted said:
Bruh said:
Twisted said:
Bruh said:

Democrats?

Sarah Palin!

She's a Democrat?

Sure.

LOL!  There's not a dime's worth of difference, is there?

Nope.......well....she did endorse Trump ??????

Evangelical Christian leaders, motivated by political self-interest, are cozying up to a leader who has placed bigotry and malice at the center of American politics. They are defending the rights of their faith while dishonoring its essence. Genuine social influence will not come by putting Christ back into Christmas; it will come by putting Christ and his priorities back into more Christians.

(Emphasis mine)

Evangelical Christians are selling out faith for politics

I honestly don't see a difference morally between Trump and any other republican presidential candidate at least from the 80's on.

Bush Jr. snorted cocain and was a drunk, on top of that he had millions of dollars no telling how many women he slept with.......

Ronald Reagan was a Hollywood movie star who was divorced and his second wife would have her palm read while her husband was president.

Mitt Romney wasn't a president but did run and evangelicals loved him. He is a Mormon and believes in multiple wives, which has nothing to do with the, having sex with different women, whatever!! Believed in abortion and for some reason changed his mind.

Again, what is the difference between these men and Trump?

Bruh said:
I honestly don't see a difference morally between Trump and any other republican presidential candidate at least from the 80's on.
Bush Jr. snorted cocain and was a drunk, on top of that he had millions of dollars no telling how many women he slept with.......
Ronald Reagan was a Hollywood movie star who was divorced and his second wife would have her palm read while her husband was president.
Mitt Romney wasn't a president but did run and evangelicals loved him. He is a Mormon and believes in multiple wives, which has nothing to do with the, having sex with different women, whatever!! Believed in abortion and for some reason changed his mind.

I almost started typing before I finished reading, but on second thought I think your right on.

I would suspect in their later years your examples were far more moral than in their youth but who knows. True men of morality & integrity are far in few between in the halls of congress & the white house I would suppose.

Smellin Coffee said:
Evangelical Christian leaders, motivated by political self-interest, are cozying up to a leader who has placed bigotry and malice at the center of American politics. They are defending the rights of their faith while dishonoring its essence. Genuine social influence will not come by putting Christ back into Christmas; it will come by putting Christ and his priorities back into more Christians.

(Emphasis mine)

The Washington Post!
Well, it must be true.
I'll bet you could find corroborating 'evidence' if you went to media matters...along with assurance that if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor and those phony Obama unemployment numbers LonGone quoted in his earlier post.

You are so gullible....you are in fact a crock magnet!

sword said:
Bruh said:

I almost started typing before I finished reading, but on second thought I think your right on.

I would suspect in their later years your examples were far more moral than in their youth but who knows. True men of morality & integrity are far in few between in the halls of congress & the white house I would suppose.

With notable exceptions in every generation, the old adage is true:

If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart.
If you're not conservative at 50, you have no brain.

Oh! I almost forgot......Ronald had quite a bit of money before Nancy said yes to marriage with him.

I believe Mitts parents were wealthy before he married.

Bush well...that goes without saying.

Did Trumps wife marry him for money? See above.

They all saw some kind of security in those me.

If Donald Trump did nothing more than veto increased spending and pork for 4 years I would consider him one of the best POTUS

Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:

(Emphasis mine)

The Washington Post!
Well, it must be true.
I'll bet you could find corroborating 'evidence' if you went to media matters...along with assurance that if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor and those phony Obama unemployment numbers LonGone quoted in his earlier post.

You are so gullible....you are in fact a crock magnet!

Ummm...you consistently twist stuff to fit your own agenda. If you paid any attention it is an OPINION in the "Opinions" portion of the site. I never insinuated it was absolute truth based on fact. It is OPINION, one with which I happen to agree. I never said that the WP was 100% true.

Oh, speaking of "crock magnet", I was speaking with one over the weekend. He went on and on about how the Orlando shooting was nothing more than a "training exercise" to stir up American support for the anti-gun lobby. He claims that nobody died, that the club was in cahoots with the liberals and media, using "deported Puerto Ricans" (his term, although Puerto Rico is an American territory) as the picture models for the obits. Of course, Obama was behind it all because he is going to force an American takeover by using military to do a door-to-door confiscation of all guns. "Black October" was to have happened in 2014 (according to him) but it will happen now by the end of the summer.

This same person is who also believes Sandy Hook was a hoax also, set up by liberals in an effort to steal away freedom from democracy to start a dictatorship with Obama as their leader. Of course he is a HUGE Fox News and Bretibart fan, among other influences which stir his political conspiracy theories.

Why is it almost all conspiracy theorists seem to be Republican? Hmmmm...