The Presidential Vote

For whom will you vote?

• Total voters
Tarheel Baptist said:
sword said:
Bruh said:
I honestly don't see a difference morally between Trump and any other republican presidential candidate at least from the 80's on.
Bush Jr. snorted cocain and was a drunk, on top of that he had millions of dollars no telling how many women he slept with.......
Ronald Reagan was a Hollywood movie star who was divorced and his second wife would have her palm read while her husband was president.
Mitt Romney wasn't a president but did run and evangelicals loved him. He is a Mormon and believes in multiple wives, which has nothing to do with the, having sex with different women, whatever!! Believed in abortion and for some reason changed his mind.
Again, what is the difference between these men and Trump?

I almost started typing before I finished reading, but on second thought I think your right on.

I would suspect in their later years your examples were far more moral than in their youth but who knows. True men of morality & integrity are far in few between in the halls of congress & the white house I would suppose.

With notable exceptions in every generation, the old adage is true:

If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart.
If you're not conservative at 50, you have no brain.

And I believe Jesus is more concerned about the heart than brain. :)

Walt said:
I agree with the first part, but not the second.  Please, vote and be a part of this country's government. I'm not wild about either candidate, but I don't think that they are the same on every issue, so I'll have to ignore my dislikes and vote for the one that is the least awful.

Another thing to consider is that the vote really doesn't matter. We have had 4 Presidents who have taken office that didn't win the popular vote. It is an issue even with the primaries. Hillary this year, was handpicked by the DNC and their super-delegates even before primaries were held in some states. If Sanders had won the popular vote in the primaries, Hillary would still have been the nominee because individual votes really do not matter.

So I don't blame one should he/she choose not to vote at all. I will vote but it will be for a third-party candidate.

Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Evangelical Christian leaders, motivated by political self-interest, are cozying up to a leader who has placed bigotry and malice at the center of American politics. They are defending the rights of their faith while dishonoring its essence. Genuine social influence will not come by putting Christ back into Christmas; it will come by putting Christ and his priorities back into more Christians.

(Emphasis mine)

Evangelical Christians are selling out faith for politics

The Washington Post!
Well, it must be true.
I'll bet you could find corroborating 'evidence' if you went to media matters...along with assurance that if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor and those phony Obama unemployment numbers LonGone quoted in his earlier post.

You are so gullible....you are in fact a crock magnet!

Ummm...you consistently twist stuff to fit your own agenda. If you paid any attention it is an OPINION in the "Opinions" portion of the site. I never insinuated it was absolute truth based on fact. It is OPINION, one with which I happen to agree. I never said that the WP was 100% true.

Oh, speaking of "crock magnet", I was speaking with one over the weekend. He went on and on about how the Orlando shooting was nothing more than a "training exercise" to stir up American support for the anti-gun lobby. He claims that nobody died, that the club was in cahoots with the liberals and media, using "deported Puerto Ricans" (his term, although Puerto Rico is an American territory) as the picture models for the obits. Of course, Obama was behind it all because he is going to force an American takeover by using military to do a door-to-door confiscation of all guns. "Black October" was to have happened in 2014 (according to him) but it will happen now by the end of the summer.

This same person is who also believes Sandy Hook was a hoax also, set up by liberals in an effort to steal away freedom from democracy to start a dictatorship with Obama as their leader. Of course he is a HUGE Fox News and Bretibart fan, among other influences which stir his political conspiracy theories.

Why is it almost all conspiracy theorists seem to be Republican? Hmmmm...

You constantly refer to some guy to talked to....Because it's the only straw you have to grasp in defending liberal idiots and idiocy.

Again, I reference the INSTITUTIONALIZED liberal idiocy!
Like if you like your plan you can keep your plan Obummer!
Like, we mandate you close your bakery, photography studio, wedding venue liberal idiot gubmits.
The guy you spoke to on the street doesn't have the power to cram his idiocy down our collective throats.

But, you knew that....you old straw grasping crock magnet you!  ;)

Raider, did you tell us the way you are voting?

If not, will you vote for Hillary or Trump?

Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Evangelical Christian leaders, motivated by political self-interest, are cozying up to a leader who has placed bigotry and malice at the center of American politics. They are defending the rights of their faith while dishonoring its essence. Genuine social influence will not come by putting Christ back into Christmas; it will come by putting Christ and his priorities back into more Christians.

(Emphasis mine)

The Washington Post!
Well, it must be true.
I'll bet you could find corroborating 'evidence' if you went to media matters...along with assurance that if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor and those phony Obama unemployment numbers LonGone quoted in his earlier post.

Ummm...you consistently twist stuff to fit your own agenda. If you paid any attention it is an OPINION in the "Opinions" portion of the site. I never insinuated it was absolute truth based on fact. It is OPINION, one with which I happen to agree. I never said that the WP was 100% true.

Oh, speaking of "crock magnet", I was speaking with one over the weekend. He went on and on about how the Orlando shooting was nothing more than a "training exercise" to stir up American support for the anti-gun lobby. He claims that nobody died, that the club was in cahoots with the liberals and media, using "deported Puerto Ricans" (his term, although Puerto Rico is an American territory) as the picture models for the obits. Of course, Obama was behind it all because he is going to force an American takeover by using military to do a door-to-door confiscation of all guns. "Black October" was to have happened in 2014 (according to him) but it will happen now by the end of the summer.

This same person is who also believes Sandy Hook was a hoax also, set up by liberals in an effort to steal away freedom from democracy to start a dictatorship with Obama as their leader. Of course he is a HUGE Fox News and Bretibart fan, among other influences which stir his political conspiracy theories.

You constantly refer to some guy to talked to....Because it's the only straw you have to grasp in defending liberal idiots and idiocy.

Like, we mandate you close your bakery, photography studio, wedding venue liberal idiot gubmits.
The guy you spoke to on the street doesn't have the power to cram his idiocy down our collective throats.

There were winners and losers with Obama Care as there is with any piece of legislation. I would like you to submit the list of people you know that had to change their healthcare provider or plan. I would be surprised if there weren't people in your church who now have healthcare that did not prior to Obamacare. Is everything good about it...no but it also has provided healthcare for those who have been in dire straights without healthcare.

LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:

(Emphasis mine)

The Washington Post!
Well, it must be true.

There were winners and losers with Obama Care as there is with any piece of legislation. I would like you to submit the list of people you know that had to change their healthcare provider or plan. I would be surprised if there weren't people in your church who now have healthcare that did not prior to Obamacare. Is everything good about it...no but it also has provided healthcare for those who have been in dire straights without healthcare.

Me for one.
My two children for 3.
5 other pastors on our church staff for 8.
10-12 pastors that I know personally, for whatever the number.
And the list could go on and on....

They LIED to get the debacle passed, even you know that!
They PURPOSELY LIED to get the debacle passed...they admitted that.

And, it is NOT working, not sustainable.
But, to liberal's, it's the intent that counts, not the actual results.
In that sense, Liberalism really is a mental defect!

LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:

(Emphasis mine)

The Washington Post!
Well, it must be true.

Has ur experience been a negative one since Obamacare was forced on us?

My guess is that you have had a positive one.

Bruh said:
LongGone said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:

(Emphasis mine)

The Washington Post!
Well, it must be true.

Has ur experience been a negative one since Obamacare was forced on us?
My guess is that you have had a positive one.
You state there have been winners and losers with Obamacare.

1. Some of the losers are the 35% of the population that pay 85% of the taxes (top 15% pay 80%).
2. Our grand kids who will pay the 1.5 - 2.5 trillion cost of Obamacare through 2025.
3. Those that are paying much higher premiums because of Obama care.
4. Those who work for employers who are no longer offering healthcare (paying fine).
5. Those companies who will be fined for offering too good of a plan (40% tax on very good plans).
6. Those employees who can no longer find full time employment because companies are only hiring part timers to avoid paying healthcare.
7. The limited number of people who can no longer keep their doctor or plan.
8. People in certain areas who can not find a doctor or are finding long waits.
9. Those effected by the cost reduction and subsidy reduction mandates that start taking effect in 2018. There will be many losers when these start.
10. Those on medicare (About half the cost of the ACA is paid for by cuts in Medicare spending). Cost reductions by providers are suppose to offset much of the reduction.
11. young people who can not find jobs as a result of burden on companies.
* this is a partial list.

Winners
1. Drug companies
2. Manufactures of Medical equipment.
3. Some health insurance providers.
4. Those who currently don't work but did not qualify for medicaid. (those who are 138% of the poverty level in some states may no longer qualify for subsidies or medicaid)
5. Those with pre-existing conditions & children up to 26 on mom & dads plans.
6.. Those who continue work for companies who currently do not provide health insurance.

Some of ACA is very good but it could have been accomplished through expansion of medicare/medicaid & with a few new national health care insurance regulations. Instead we get the new tax and unsustainable burden that is the ACA.  (Affordable they say?)

And the answer they give,

Eh, no biggie it's not perfect his heart was in the right place.

sword said:
Winners
1. Drug companies
4. Those who currently don't work but did not qualify for medicaid. (those who are 138% of the poverty level in some states may no longer qualify for subsidies or medicaid)
6.. Those who continue work for companies who currently do not provide health insurance.

Some of ACA is very good but it could have been accomplished through expansion of medicare/medicaid & with a few new national health care insurance regulations. Instead we get the new tax and unsustainable burden that is the ACA.  (Affordable they say?)

So your top 3 "winners" are capitalist business ventures. Hmmm...

FWIW, the cost of my insurance went up about $40 per paycheck but now my two adult children (under age 26) are covered including one with a preexisting condition. Both are employed but neither are provided health insurance with their company. My family deductible increased by $1500 as well. But you know what? Others now are covered where they weren't before, including 2 of my own kids. I've been in that situation where I had to buy up the wazoo for my family's insurance with an unconscionable deductible. So if raising my rates and deductible a bit are going to help someone who can't afford it otherwise, I'm OK with that.

Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
Winners
1. Drug companies

FWIW, the cost of my insurance went up about $40 per paycheck but now my two adult children (under age 26) are covered including one with a preexisting condition. Both are employed but neither are provided health insurance with their company. My family deductible increased by $1500 as well. But you know what? Others now are covered where they weren't before, including 2 of my own kids. I've been in that situation where I had to buy up the wazoo for my family's insurance with an unconscionable deductible. So if raising my rates and deductible a bit are going to help someone who can't afford it otherwise, I'm OK with that.

If I'm not being to intrusive, may I ask what is ur monthly payments and the deductible?

Mine is $1060 a month and $10,000 deductible. Do you really believe my family has health insurance? I mean really, do you really believe my young children in grade school have health insurance??

I am a small business owner and could not afford the new rates. So, I signed up at www.SamaritanMinistries.org

I pay cash for the small to medium stuff.

Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
Winners
1. Drug companies

If I'm not being to intrusive, may I ask what is ur monthly payments and the deductible?

Mine is $1060 a month and $10,000 deductible. Do you really believe my family has health insurance? I mean really, do you really believe my young children in grade school have health insurance??

Mine is through my employer and not an ACA provider. I'm paying about $370 per paycheck (bi-weekly) with $3000 individual/$6000 family deductible. 80/20 to $10,000 and 100% coverage thereafter.

And yes, if your children are injured in a car accident and you have a surgery or two to pay for, you have relief. If (God forbid) a child gets cancer, you will have treatment relief. THAT is what the plan was designed to do: limit or prevent bankruptcies due to lack of healthcare coverage.

When I was younger, two of my children had surgeries (we had no insurance) plus two births. And with family income of under $30K per year at the time of these expenses, I'm within months of finally being 'caught up' 20+ years later. So I know what you mean.

Smellin Coffee said:
When I was younger, two of my children had surgeries plus two births.

What???

Twisted said:
Smellin Coffee said:
When I was younger, two of my children had surgeries plus two births.

What???

Wasn't clear. Two children born into the family without insurance coverage and two children had surgeries as infants without insurance coverage.

Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
Winners
1. Drug companies
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, may I ask how much the medical bills were. I give you lots of credit for not walking away from the debt, that takes integrity. Are you saying you only made $30,000 a year 20 years ago or now?

Regarding ACA it seems what your saying is you don't care who pays for it as long as you have coverage.
Remember I was clear, I am for some adjustment to our traditional system, but to saddle the country with over a trillion dollars in debt and no  (except medicare cuts & cost reductions) plan to pay for it is a problem.
ACA is in the process of destroying the best health care system in the world so that 11 million more people will have coverage. What happens when they phase out the subsidies (2018) and those same people who are getting "free" healthcare can no longer afford it. We already had medicaid in every state, a simple expansion of medicaid plus a couple law changes would have got us 80% there without the disaster we call ACA.

sword said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
Winners
1. Drug companies
I'm sorry to hear about your situation, may I ask how much the medical bills were. I give you lots of credit for not walking away from the debt, that takes integrity. Are you saying you only made $30,000 a year 20 years ago or now?

Regarding ACA it seems what your saying is you don't care who pays for it as long as you have coverage.
Remember I was clear, I am for some adjustment to our traditional system, but to saddle the country with over a trillion dollars in debt and no  (except medicare cuts & cost reductions) plan to pay for it is a problem.
ACA is in the process of destroying the best health care system in the world so that 11 million more people will have coverage. What happens when they phase out the subsidies (2018) and those same people who are getting "free" healthcare can no longer afford it. We already had medicaid in every state, a simple expansion of medicaid plus a couple law changes would have got us 80% there without the disaster we call ACA.

That income was then when that debt was incurred. I make quite a bit more now but still below our area's median individual income. I probably would have paid off the debt sooner had I not gotten cancer myself 4 years ago. :) Anyway, we will be out of the hole here soon, assuming no major catastrophe happens.

There are major issues with ACA, no doubt. Debt? How much has war overseas cost us? What if we had applied the cost of war over to fix our medical system in our own country? We might be in better shape. The issue isn't the ACA itself, but rather the bureaucracies and pork over the size of the whole national budget. Streamlining these issues can streamline efficiency with Medicare/Medicaid and the ACA program. So until we get both parties to stop warring with each other and start working together to make it happen, there won't be a soluble fix to any government program.  Both parties must accept blame and both parties must agree to work together. In reality, the only solution I can see to make parties work together is to have ZERO income for federal politicians whether it be from salary or special interest groups. That will NEVER happen so add the ACA as another government program that will help some, hurt some but keep on rolling and it will become a part of our society as did Medicare.

ClpgiRjWQAAIHFw.jpg

Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
Winners
1. Drug companies

That income was then when that debt was incurred. I make quite a bit more now but still below our area's median individual income. I probably would have paid off the debt sooner had I not gotten cancer myself 4 years ago. :) Anyway, we will be out of the hole here soon, assuming no major catastrophe happens.

There are major issues with ACA, no doubt. Debt? How much has war overseas cost us? What if we had applied the cost of war over to fix our medical system in our own country? We might be in better shape. The issue isn't the ACA itself, but rather the bureaucracies and pork over the size of the whole national budget. Streamlining these issues can streamline efficiency with Medicare/Medicaid and the ACA program. So until we get both parties to stop warring with each other and start working together to make it happen, there won't be a soluble fix to any government program.  Both parties must accept blame and both parties must agree to work together. In reality, the only solution I can see to make parties work together is to have ZERO income for federal politicians whether it be from salary or special interest groups. That will NEVER happen so add the ACA as another government program that will help some, hurt some but keep on rolling and it will become a part of our society as did Medicare.

Keep clicking your heels and saying:
"There's no place like Venezuela"!  ;)

If the liberal socialist Democrats* get another 4 years, you'll be there without leaving home.

*The trifecta of redundancy!

Tarheel Baptist said:
If the liberal socialist Democrats* get another 4 years, you'll be there without leaving home.

Kinda what was said about Obama getting 8 years, yet we are still here and as free as ever. In fact, now gays couples can even be legally married! :p