The Transgender Conversation You Need to Have With Your Family

Bruh

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
http://www.challies.com/articles/the-transgender-conversation-you-need-to-have-with-your-family

QUOTE:
What will you do if you walk into a locker room at your pool or gym and come face to face with a naked person of the opposite sex? You may not know in that moment if that person is transgender, if that person is confused, or if that person is a predator. What will you want your spouse to do if he or she encounters this situation? Will you shrug it off? Will you walk out? Will you bring it to the attention of the management? What will you expect management to do?

I'm on my phone and was unable to copy and paste from the last paragraph, be sure to at least read the last paragraph.

He says, the transgender laws extend to all who "say" they identify as the opposite sex but we don't know who will take advantage of the law to take advantage of others.

I like chailles, but in this case, I find the article non-helpful. Was it just to raise questions?

FSSL said:
I like chailles, but in this case, I find the article non-helpful. Was it just to raise questions?

Questions and awareness to make parents start think down the road.

I've always taught my kids that if they ever feel uncomfortable, leave immediately and tell someone. If someone approaches them in an uncomfortable fashion, scream and yell immediately.

I don't see the need for public showers so I don't see the need for my kids to be in said environment. In a school locker room, they can change clothes and leave without showering. They can shower when they get home. My kids who played school sports did that anyway, they would wait until they got home to shower.

Pool? Our neighborhood pool has an outdoor shower. You wash the chlorine out while wearing the bathing suit.

Nudity? I was at Midway Airport waiting at the baggage claim with two of my children (both under age 8 at the time) and there was a streaker dancing on the center of the baggage carousel. There is always possibility of exposure.

Oh, and teach kids self-defense.

The conversation should include anyone who might be of danger to them, not just transgendered individuals.

Smellin Coffee said:
I've always taught my kids that if they ever feel uncomfortable, leave immediately and tell someone. If someone approaches them in an uncomfortable fashion, scream and yell immediately.
I don't see the need for public showers so I don't see the need for my kids to be in said environment. In a school locker room, they can change clothes and leave without showering. They can shower when they get home. My kids who played school sports did that anyway, they would wait until they got home to shower.
Pool? Our neighborhood pool has an outdoor shower. You wash the chlorine out while wearing the bathing suit.
Nudity? I was at Midway Airport waiting at the baggage claim with two of my children (both under age 8 at the time) and there was a streaker dancing on the center of the baggage carousel. There is always possibility of exposure.
Oh, and teach kids self-defense.
The conversation should include anyone who might be of danger to them, not just transgendered individuals.
If your children/teens had gym first or second hour, they would go all day to class with out taking shower?
Most kids have names for kids that play sports but refuse to shower.

You seem to be completely on board with the whole transgender thing. Is there something we should all know?

Smellin Coffee said:

I wasn't actually the center upon which I was dancing.

Once again, I see the biggest concern being mislabeled!  It's not the truly transgendered that are of most concern.

The biggest concern is the fact that anybody can "self-identify" as transgendered.  This leaves a wide-open hole in any protection that separate facilities offer.  It is not OK that a bearded lady can lounge naked in all his "man-glory" in the girl's locker room. 

It's the perverts pretending to be something they truly are not for the purpose of gaining entrance into what used to be a semi-private domain that has most of us up in arms. 

lnf said:
Once again, I see the biggest concern being mislabeled!  It's not the truly transgendered that are of most concern.

The biggest concern is the fact that anybody can "self-identify" as transgendered.  This leaves a wide-open hole in any protection that separate facilities offer.  It is not OK that a bearded lady can lounge naked in all his "man-glory" in the girl's locker room. 

It's the perverts pretending to be something they truly are not for the purpose of gaining entrance into what used to be a semi-private domain that has most of us up in arms.

A student can not just change their sexual identity on a whim. The school administration must be notified. I can not be a teenage boy standing outside the girls room and say I want in because I am a girl today. By notifying the administration of the changed sexual identity the student loses the right to use the restroom/locker room they previously used. A school can not require the transgender student to use separate facilities unless they require all students to use separate facilities but may provide separate facilities to all students who voluntarily seek additional privacy.

I can't imagine being a transgender is easy life when it comes to being accepted by others...don't see too many pretending to be transgender to use another rest room/locker room. Most of us at that age where trying to impress the ladies not weird them out ;)

sword said:
If your children/teens had gym first or second hour, they would go all day to class with out taking shower?
Most kids have names for kids that play sports but refuse to shower.

Our local schools don't give enough time for showers after gym class. Kids do a quick freshen up in the sink and throw on some deodorant and off they go to the next class. The showers are generally done after games and after-school practices so my kids have always showered at home.

sword said:
You seem to be completely on board with the whole transgender thing. Is there something we should all know?

Yes. Here is what you should know. We are seeing where society is headed whether we like it or not. I want my kids to know there are people who are different than they are, who are loved by my God and created differently than themselves. We are called to love them and it is difficult to love someone when we shun them or fear them. Granted, that doesn't mean they (or we) shouldn't be cautious, but why would I want my kids to constantly live in a state of fear of the very people we are called to love?

Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
I want my kids to know there are people who are different than they are, who are loved by my God and created differently than themselves.

Do you believe God created an individual to be transgender?

RAIDER said:

If it is a matter of DNA, yes. Is being trans a result of DNA? Nothing has been proven with science either way, but there is enough indication that something is different.

Sexual differentiation of human behavior: Effects of prenatal and pubertal organizational hormones.

God did not make everybody either male or female, just the majority of people. Otherwise, there would be no intersex persons (Hermaphrodites). Even Augustine in City of God makes mention:

As for Androgynes, also called Hermaphrodites, they are certainly very rare, and yet it is difficult to find periods when there are no examples of human beings possessing the characteristics of both sexes, in such a way that it is a matter of doubt how they should be classified. However, the prevalent usage has called them masculine, assigning them to the better sex.

So though God may have created the initial "first couple" as male and female, changes in DNA and individual cell structures vary with each individual so no two are ever identical. And if the brain is the most important sex organ for an individual, could it not be possible with DNA variations, the brain understands one gender while possessing the genitalia of the other sex?

I am no expert and certainly don't have an answer to it, but I think there is a possibility of such.

Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:
Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
I want my kids to know there are people who are different than they are, who are loved by my God and created differently than themselves.

If it is a matter of DNA, yes. Is being trans a result of DNA? Nothing has been proven with science either way, but there is enough indication that something is different.

Sexual differentiation of human behavior: Effects of prenatal and pubertal organizational hormones.

God did not make everybody either male or female, just the majority of people. Otherwise, there would be no intersex persons (Hermaphrodites). Even Augustine in City of God makes mention:

As for Androgynes, also called Hermaphrodites, they are certainly very rare, and yet it is difficult to find periods when there are no examples of human beings possessing the characteristics of both sexes, in such a way that it is a matter of doubt how they should be classified. However, the prevalent usage has called them masculine, assigning them to the better sex.

So though God may have created the initial "first couple" as male and female, changes in DNA and individual cell structures vary with each individual so no two are ever identical. And if the brain is the most important sex organ for an individual, could it not be possible with DNA variations, the brain understands one gender while possessing the genitalia of the other sex?

I am no expert and certainly don't have an answer to it, but I think there is a possibility of such.

FBC Hammod sure did a number on you!

Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:
Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:

Smellin's beliefs on this have nothing to do with FBCH.

RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:
Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:

Smellin's beliefs on this have nothing to do with FBCH.

Smellin, like every other individual, is responsible for himself to God.
However, FBCH (and the extreme hypocrisy and sinful atmosphere allowed to exist there for years) had a profound negative influence on him...and countless others. I don't see how that can be denied.

However, FBCH (and the extreme hypocrisy and sinful atmosphere allowed to exist there for years) had a profound negative influence on him...and countless others. I don't see how that can be denied.
[/quote]

That is an interesting statement. How well do you know Smellin? The Smellin I am familiar with loves his wife, his kids, God and others. He has never been to jail and holds down a responsible job. Looks to me he has his bases covered...not agreeing with you does not enter into the equation.

LongGone said:

That is an interesting statement. How well do you know Smellin? The Smellin I am familiar with loves his wife, his kids, God and others. He has never been to jail and holds down a responsible job. Looks to me he has his bases covered...not agreeing with you does not enter into the equation.
[/quote]

I do not doubt his personal integrity, his having a wonderful family or being an upstanding citizen, in fact I think he is an honest, sincere man!

I am only referencing his liberal, often PC views and his IMO, borderline apostasy as to Scripture. They were all influenced by what he experienced in Hammond. Again, IMO!

Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:

Could it not be possible, with 'DNA variations', that someone's brain could be wired toward pedophilia?

Tarheel Baptist said:
Smellin Coffee said:
RAIDER said:

Could it not be possible, with 'DNA variations', that someone's brain could be wired toward pedophilia?

Considering history has shown brides were married off as young girls (as in NT days), it wouldn't surprise me.