Thom Kimmel convicted

Bravo said:
Prophet the point in question was if they'd be welcome. And they would. The question was not about volunteering or helping. Could they be on staff? I don't see that happening. Again though, that wasn't the question.

You call that "welcome"? Wow.

don henderson said:
I would to God that I had a bag of 30 pieces of silver for each of you.

Maybe if you had invested in Kimmel's schemes, you would.

don henderson said:
I am just glad that GOD saved me ....I am glad that Jesus was/is a Jew....because if he were a Baptist,spoke and acted as the selfrightious bunch that have been posting about Thom Kimmel ....I would still be lost.....I thought He said "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive them who trespass against us"........If you folks who want blood because of Thom's trespasses are what a Christian is to be then please God remove from me my salvation ....Lost people have more compassion.
You are not Christ like thus not Christian. Your dependence is not on the blood of Christ but on the Blood money that you have prostutited yourselves to accumulate.
You are a conflicted, clueless fellow.

Josh R said:
Bravo said:
Prophet the point in question was if they'd be welcome. And they would. The question was not about volunteering or helping. Could they be on staff? I don't see that happening. Again though, that wasn't the question.

You call that "welcome"? Wow.

Wow indeed. Hopefully it is more to your liking at your church?

prophet said:
Tom, you know full well that they would be allowed to occupy a pew, but not serve in any capacity.
Just admit it.
Don't swing back, because this is true.
I recruited a man, with a goatee, to help with the growing youth group we had at 68th and Green.
The man, not me, was told by FBCH brass that he had to shave or pew sit.

So quit pretending that this isn't true, it is.
You are normally honest.

I will say it for us...

FBCH has a dress/hair code for all volunteers, staff, ministry workers, etc.
And, yes, the guy with the Mohawk would be told, when he got excited about serving and asked if he could help, that his help wouldn't be needed, or else try getting a hair cut and we will watch you for a while.

It is simple, it is what we practice, why not just agree.

We don't like ABG's attitude, so we what?
Pretend it isn't true?

Well, I'll tell you Tom, you have never been the guy with the Mohawk there, but I have, and you see it as rejection of you.
I grew up thinking that God had no purpose for my life, because I was rejected by the fashion police.

Who said anything about teaching a SS class? The question is would they be welcome. For years, as a bus captain, I picked up women in pants every Sunday. They came weekly, and we never treated them any differently. THAT is the point, my friend.

I have zero problem admitting that becoming a worker involves agreeing to certain external standards, but that wasn't the proposition of this little thread tangent. Being warmly welcomed to attend, and being formally involved as a representative of the church are two entirely different things.

Tom Brennan said:
prophet said:
Tom, you know full well that they would be allowed to occupy a pew, but not serve in any capacity.
Just admit it.
I recruited a man, with a goatee, to help with the growing youth group we had at 68th and Green.

You are normally honest.

I will say it for us...

And, yes, the guy with the Mohawk would be told, when he got excited about serving and asked if he could help, that his help wouldn't be needed, or else try getting a hair cut and we will watch you for a while.

Pretend it isn't true?

Well, I'll tell you Tom, you have never been the guy with the Mohawk there, but I have, and you see it as rejection of you.
I grew up thinking that God had no purpose for my life, because I was rejected by the fashion police.

Who said anything about teaching a SS class? The question is would they be welcome. For years, as a bus captain, I picked up women in pants every Sunday. They came weekly, and we never treated them any differently. THAT is the point, my friend.

I have zero problem admitting that becoming a worker involves agreeing to certain external standards, but that wasn't the proposition of this little thread tangent. Being warmly welcomed to attend, and being formally involved as a representative of the church are two entirely different things.

So come as your are as the beloved hymm says, but serve according to 1950's North American dress and hair standards?

don henderson said:
I am just glad that GOD saved me ....I am glad that Jesus was/is a Jew....because if he were a Baptist,spoke and acted as the selfrightious bunch that have been posting about Thom Kimmel ....I would still be lost.....I thought He said "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive them who trespass against us"........If you folks who want blood because of Thom's trespasses are what a Christian is to be then please God remove from me my salvation ....Lost people have more compassion.
You are not Christ like thus not Christian. Your dependence is not on the blood of Christ but on the Blood money that you have prostutited yourselves to accumulate.

Ok, I'll bite.  Are you talking about the same Thom kimmel, that according to the D.A. Who still refuses to accept responsibility for the illegality of what he has perpetrated using "Christianity" as a cloak for his maliciousness?  The same one who willingly misrepresented every facet, including his own sordid involvement and profiteering in what he demonstrably knew was a Ponzi scheme?  The same one who stole life savings from friends, his own church, and vulnerable widows?

Before you condemn anyone on here, you might want to check the epistles and count the number of individuals that were called out by name for their evil deeds, that true Christians might be aware of their evil conduct.

Excuse me while I fish around for the 30 pieces of silver you are seeking...

Tom Brennan said:
prophet said:
Just admit it.

You are normally honest.

I will say it for us...

Pretend it isn't true?

I was addressing the rebuttal, to ABG's post, where welcome was defined as "allowed to do anything other than pew sit", to be specific. 

And the answer, that ABG is "still clueless".

It seemed like ABG adequately described the "welcome".

This guy approached me about 15 - 20 years ago about doing some work in a house he didn't own but was going to move into. Even at that time some long time church members warned me that this guy was very shady and not to be trusted. Apparently, nobody in any kind of leadership position did or said anything when he was thrust into prominence, mostly by schaap and hyles. Probably wouldn't have done any good anyway but I am unaware that there was even a cough or clearing of the throat when this guy taught on "faith promise" or his bogus "tithing" crap.

BALAAM said:
This guy approached me about 15 - 20 years ago about doing some work in a house he didn't own but was going to move into. Even at that time some long time church members warned me that this guy was very shady and not to be trusted. Apparently, nobody in any kind of leadership position did or said anything when he was thrust into prominence, mostly by schaap and hyles. Probably wouldn't have done any good anyway but I am unaware that there was even a cough or clearing of the throat when this guy taught on "faith promise" or his bogus "tithing" crap.

You know there is a story in Ezekiel about the watchmen on the wall who fails to warn people of danger. Now, I have been brought up to believe that this is talking only about soul-winning and evangelism. Could it be possible it is talking about other areas also??

I decided last night to put both Schapp & Kimmel's kids & grand kids on my prayer list. I plan to pray for them on a weekly basis. I would encourage others to do the same.

These 2 men are paying the price for their very poor choices but their families will also suffer greatly.

My heart goes out for their kids & grand kids. Reminds me how my bad decisions can affect my children & my children's children.

But for the grace of God it could be me.

sword said:
I decided last night to put both Schapp & Kimmel's kids & grand kids on my prayer list. I plan to pray for them on a weekly basis. I would encourage others to do the same.

These 2 men are paying the price for their very poor choices but their families will also suffer greatly.

My heart goes out for their kids & grand kids. Reminds me how my bad decisions can affect my children & my children's children.

So, God's grace failed Thom and Jack, but not you?

Wow.  You must feel special.

sword said:

We should pray for all saints, of course, thanks for this reminder.

I'm trying not to be snarky here, but do you also have the Kimmel victims in your prayer list? The Schaap children and Kimmel children probably benefited greatly from the money/prestige of their fathers.

I do get your sentiment  and admire the thought and charity of your action but I will have a very hard time getting past the wolves that preyed on some of my family members in the name of God.

sword said:

Norefund said:
I'm trying not to be snarky here, but do you also have the Kimmel victims in your prayer list? The Schaap children and Kimmel children probably benefited greatly from the money/prestige of their fathers.

I do get your sentiment  and admire the thought and charity of your action but I will have a very hard time getting past the wolves that preyed on some of my family members in the name of God.

sword said:

Let's also add their grand children and their great grand children, they will in no doubt require reparations as a result of this.
Speaking of reparations, let's remember the Native Americans.
Speaking of Native Americans, lets remember the Washington Redskins.
Speaking of the Washington Redskins, let's remember the NFL and their victims.
NFL... Pigskins...bacon....
Kevin Bacon!

It is true.

It's a pleasure to watch you work, Mr. Wolf.

qwerty said:
Norefund said:

sword said:

Let's also add their grand children and their great grand children, they will in no doubt require reparations as a result of this.
Speaking of reparations, let's remember the Native Americans.
Speaking of Native Americans, lets remember the Washington Redskins.
Speaking of the Washington Redskins, let's remember the NFL and their victims.
NFL... Pigskins...bacon....
Kevin Bacon!

It is true.

Norefund said:

sword said:

Thanks for the reminder, I assumed praying for the victims was a given. How can people prey on widows & senior citizens!

Not only should we pray for those who lost money, we should encourage them to sue Kimmel & Schapp for any financial gain they received.

If Schapp did get a commission from this scam then any money he received should be returned to investors. Kimmel will likely have many civil cases against him, I hope there is some money left to be returned to victims.

My guess is Sureline investments spent it all on marketing & lavish expenses as fast as the money came in. That's how these scams usually work.