Tithing.... "BUYING" God's blessings

Biblebeliever said:
A lot of Hirelings, will wrongly teach that the Law of the Tithe is still in effect today, just in order to brow beat and pressure their congregation into giving. One of the reasons they do this is because of that high 'mortgage' they have on their church building. And most of the time, it is a 501c3 (State Run) Corporation, where the pastor is the CEO of that corporation.

You are presuming motives of greed and fear on the part of those that preach tithing.  This isn't right. We can disagree with their interpretation of Scripture, but that doesn't mean that they are "hirelings" or have ulterior motives.

I don't believe in buying God's blessings.
and I don't believe in tithing as a rule to be followed.
I do believe in generous giving, but as Outback says
in their commercials, 'no rules, just right".

Walt said:
Biblebeliever said:
A lot of Hirelings, will wrongly teach that the Law of the Tithe is still in effect today, just in order to brow beat and pressure their congregation into giving. One of the reasons they do this is because of that high 'mortgage' they have on their church building. And most of the time, it is a 501c3 (State Run) Corporation, where the pastor is the CEO of that corporation.

You are presuming motives of greed and fear on the part of those that preach tithing.  This isn't right. We can disagree with their interpretation of Scripture, but that doesn't mean that they are "hirelings" or have ulterior motives.
Most of the time, yes, in fact it does.

I'll go even further.

Anyone teaching the unscriptural income based tithe absolutely bears the burden of proving that they aren't a hireling.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Walt said:
Biblebeliever said:

I'll go even further.

Anyone teaching the unscriptural income based tithe absolutely bears the burden of proving that they aren't a hireling.

earnestly contend

And how are they supposed to "prove it", when you have equated teaching tithing to being a hireling?

Walt said:
prophet said:
Walt said:
Biblebeliever said:

I'll go even further.

earnestly contend

And how are they supposed to "prove it", when you have equated teaching tithing to being a hireling?
How indeed.

earnestly contend