Today's Top News....

Citadel of Truth said:
TidesofTruth said:
Norefund said:
I guess I don't understand why her reputation after or even during the Dave stuff is relevant.  Whether she was a willing participant with Dave is also only slightly relevant. She was underage and he was in a position of authority.

Allegedly, Jack Schaap's victim had a reputation and was also a willing participant. Should we be disparaging her? Of course not.

Citadel of Truth said:
WESLEY said:
Was Dave Hyles guilty of Statutory Rape with Joy?  I think without a doubt.
Did he "hold her down..." -  I have my doubts, but who knows.
Did Joy have a reputation @ HAC for being.... loose?  Definitely
Is it possible that the abuse by DH was the catalyst for JER's "being loose" later?

I know this is very common. Not having been subjected to abuse myself, I cannot speak firsthand, fortunately.  I can, however, relate the story of a young lady who was abused as a pre-teen and then led a very loose life and became a mother at the age of 14.
Its not relevant to the statutory rape whatsoever - Not in the slightest.  A man who has reached majority age has a full responsibility to ensure the virtue of each and every woman he has any contact with.  And that is all the more important for any man in a position of authority and then even more so if he claims he is a believer and then doubling down again if he is in a position of authority in a spiritual role.

JERs responsibility was to "cry out" with some urgency according to the Word of God.
So, your position is that the statutory rape of a minor had no bearing whatsoever on her future actions as a young adult? Are you saying that she bears some of the responsibility for the actions of her attacker?

Neither

TidesofTruth said:
Citadel of Truth said:
TidesofTruth said:
Norefund said:
I guess I don't understand why her reputation after or even during the Dave stuff is relevant.  Whether she was a willing participant with Dave is also only slightly relevant. She was underage and he was in a position of authority.

Allegedly, Jack Schaap's victim had a reputation and was also a willing participant. Should we be disparaging her? Of course not.

Citadel of Truth said:
WESLEY said:
Was Dave Hyles guilty of Statutory Rape with Joy?  I think without a doubt.
Did he "hold her down..." -  I have my doubts, but who knows.
Did Joy have a reputation @ HAC for being.... loose?  Definitely
Is it possible that the abuse by DH was the catalyst for JER's "being loose" later?

I know this is very common. Not having been subjected to abuse myself, I cannot speak firsthand, fortunately.  I can, however, relate the story of a young lady who was abused as a pre-teen and then led a very loose life and became a mother at the age of 14.
Its not relevant to the statutory rape whatsoever - Not in the slightest.  A man who has reached majority age has a full responsibility to ensure the virtue of each and every woman he has any contact with.  And that is all the more important for any man in a position of authority and then even more so if he claims he is a believer and then doubling down again if he is in a position of authority in a spiritual role.

JERs responsibility was to "cry out" with some urgency according to the Word of God.
So, your position is that the statutory rape of a minor had no bearing whatsoever on her future actions as a young adult? Are you saying that she bears some of the responsibility for the actions of her attacker?

Neither
Perhaps I misunderstood you when you said that her "loose" reputation is "not relevant to the statutory rape whatsoever - Not in the slightest." Would you mind to clarify? 

A little perspective:

According to the US Dept of Justice:
- 1.8 million people under the age of 18 have been sexually abused in the US.
- 1 in 6 boys and 1 in 4 girls are sexually abused before they are 18.
- 90% of abusers are personally close to the victim.

The article in the Star-Telegram discovered just over 200 victims over the past 40 years. 

If we average out the data...
- In all IFB churches nationwide, 5 people have been victimized each year for the past 40 years.
- In America, roughly 100,000 people are victimized each year.

If our information from the Dept of Justice and the investigative reporter is correct... 0.005% of abuse cases take place in an IFB church.  Remember that 90% of abuse cases are committed by someone close to the victim and 6 out of 7 events take place on a weekend.  Every instance is despicable, deplorable and should be condemned.  But I don't see the IFB churches as a mental compound that promotes, encourages and grows a culture of abuse.

The ST discovered 412 cases out of 6000 churches. That means that 6.8% of IFB churches had reported cases of sexual abuse of children, most by PASTORS and ALL covered up by pastors. Those statistics show a very dangerous culture.

AnkleBone said:
The ST discovered 412 cases out of 6000 churches. That means that 6.8% of IFB churches had reported cases of sexual abuse of children, most by PASTORS and ALL covered up by pastors. Those statistics show a very dangerous culture.

This is patently false. All 412 cases were most certainly not covered up by the pastor. Many were properly reported to the authorities. Others were dealt with in church discipline as the pastor deemed appropriate. This is not a wise decision by those pastors, but it is not a cover-up.

Granted, all 412 of them should have been immediately reported. 1 cover-up is too many. 

AnkleBone said:

Your "information" is based upon bad statistical processing.  412 cases discovered over the past 40 years, but only 200 individuals cuts it down to roughly 3.4%.  Most people in the IFB would state that the number of 6,000 churches is incredibly low.  There is no log book of these churches, but most websites that try put the number closer to 10,000 in the United States alone.  Should we also add into the mix the number of churches that have closed over the past 40 years, since the report goes back that far?  Now we are down closer to 2% of churches that have had an issue.  1 event is more than anyone would want.  1 event is wrong.  But, if you are going to use statistics, at least use the correct statistics.

Next: You are making false accusations and bearing false witness when you claim that "ALL were covered up by pastors."  You have not investigated each of these claims.  You have not spoken to the pastor in each of these 200 cases.  You are making false accusations.  Why do you not care that you are in direct violation of the Ninth Commandment?

Binaca Chugger said:
A little perspective:

According to the US Dept of Justice:
- 1.8 million people under the age of 18 have been sexually abused in the US.
- 1 in 6 boys and 1 in 4 girls are sexually abused before they are 18.
- 90% of abusers are personally close to the victim.

The article in the Star-Telegram discovered just over 200 victims over the past 40 years. 

If we average out the data...
- In all IFB churches nationwide, 5 people have been victimized each year for the past 40 years.
- In America, roughly 100,000 people are victimized each year.

If our information from the Dept of Justice and the investigative reporter is correct... 0.005% of abuse cases take place in an IFB church.  Remember that 90% of abuse cases are committed by someone close to the victim and 6 out of 7 events take place on a weekend.  Every instance is despicable, deplorable and should be condemned.  But I don't see the IFB churches as a mental compound that promotes, encourages and grows a culture of abuse.

Good post.

So in comparison to the entire world, the IFB breaks even?