Today's Top News....

Twisted

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
https://www.star-telegram.com/living/religion/article222576310.html#storylink=latest_side

An interesting point:

They contacted Dave Hyles. No repentance, no apologies, no confession of guilt.

fishinnut said:
Twisted said:
https://www.star-telegram.com/living/religion/article222576310.html#storylink=latest_side
The narrator is a HAC grad.  Anyone know if she's still married to Max?

Narrator?  It's a newspaper.  Who do you mean?

https://letterstofreedom921133037.wordpress.com/2018/12/09/dear-cameron/?fbclid=IwAR2QuPqFmk3s1Fipbu9AfbpicNbQpSn273rQ5tWPWOMpM-g-MsXhHfCCccQ

At the very top, there is an arrow that starts a video. If you scroll on down, you get to a lengthy newspaper article.

Vince Massi said:
At the very top, there is an arrow that starts a video. If you scroll on down, you get to a lengthy newspaper article.

Totally missed that.  Thanks!

No mention of band-aids.

I read this on facebook .  Praying for all those who were abused.

After reading Part 1:

The only new information here is the admitted regret by Dr. Evans.  I am happy to hear that he has repented for the decisions that he made back then and acknowledges that they were incorrect.  At this stage, that is all that can be expected.  I also found it good to know that Joy and her dad have a good relationship.

This is obviously written from the perspective of a former IFBer.  The IFB has not cornered the market on this sin.  Other denominations, religions, business and sectors of society have the same issue running rampant in this culture.  To blame the entire IFB is somewhat ignorant.

Norefund said:
Vincehttps://www.falleningrace.com/restoration-inn/ Massi said:
An interesting point:

Dave Hyles doesn?t need to repent, apologize or confess:

https://www.falleningrace.com/restoration-inn/

Norefund, thank you for that link.  In the article, Dave compares himself to Job. But the Bible tells us that Job was righteous, and that Job was not suffering because he had sinned--so before we go any farther, Dave's case collapses.

Job stated specifically that he had not committed immorality, nor had he harmed anybody--Dave's case, which never got off the ground, collapses farther.

Job's three friends erred by insisting that Job had sinned--Dave did sin, and he continues in sin by disobeying the Biblical commands to get things right with his victims.

Vince Massi said:
Norefund said:
An interesting point:

Norefund, thank you for that link.  In the article, Dave compares himself to Job. But the Bible tells us that Job was righteous, and that Job was not suffering because he had sinned--so before we go any farther, Dave's case collapses.

Job stated specifically that he had not committed immorality, nor had he harmed anybody--Dave's case, which never got off the ground, collapses farther.

Job's three friends erred by insisting that Job had sinned--Dave did sin, and he continues in sin by disobeying the Biblical commands to get things right with his victims.
I think No Refund was being sarcastic. ::)

Binaca Chugger said:
After reading Part 1:

The only new information here is the admitted regret by Dr. Evans.  I am happy to hear that he has repented for the decisions that he made back then and acknowledges that they were incorrect.  At this stage, that is all that can be expected.  I also found it good to know that Joy and her dad have a good relationship.

This is obviously written from the perspective of a former IFBer.  The IFB has not cornered the market on this sin.  Other denominations, religions, business and sectors of society have the same issue running rampant in this culture.  To blame the entire IFB is somewhat ignorant.
About the W. Evans response as told in the articles....
1. Davey-boy should thank The Lord everyday that I (or someone like me) was not the daughter's dad.

2. It was said many times at HAC that be a leader in ministry 3 ingredients are needed.
            1st BACKBONE
            2nd BACKBONE
            3rd BACKBONE

3. After all the loud chapel bluster, pulpit-pounding & cowboy boots foot-stomping by the Chancellor, I must conclude that he has NO BACKBONE.

Yep, sarcasm. I must say, Dave Hyles still thinks rather highly of himself. That post contains what is essentially wrong with the IFB movement. Zero accountability. What I interpret to be the Biblical directive is good enough. Anything I do is between me and God and God has already forgiven me. Using that logic, John Wayne Gacy could have asked for forgiveness and that should have been the end of it.

We should put up our predictions for when we will hear that he "needs forgiveness again" from a dalliance with one of his FIG coworkers, or a fallen preachers wife or a fallen preachers daughter.

Of course, I am the problem for bringing up his sin again. Eh, I can live with that.

16KJV11 said:
Vince Massi said:
Norefund said:
An interesting point:

I think No Refund was being sarcastic. ::)

fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
After reading Part 1:

1. Davey-boy should thank The Lord everyday that I (or someone like me) was not the daughter's dad.

2. It was said many times at HAC that be a leader in ministry 3 ingredients are needed.
            1st BACKBONE
            2nd BACKBONE
            3rd BACKBONE

3. After all the loud chapel bluster, pulpit-pounding & cowboy boots foot-stomping by the Chancellor, I must conclude that he has NO BACKBONE.
Jackie-boy loved heaping Beta effeminate spineless jellyfish males around him.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Good post, Norefund. By the way, I did know that you were being sarcastic.

CAN Dave run a home for fallen Christian leaders? Dave has never obeyed the Biblical requirements for setting things right. When I worked for him, he gave his ungodly workers credit for what the Godly workers did, and he has never corrected this. After being "restored" in violation of Scripture, he returned to his immorality. He once excused known returns to sin by saying that the road to restoration is a bumpy one. No, Dave Hyles cannot show fallen saints how to be restored.

Three Comments...

1.  As far as David Hyles, I hope they find a way to "LOCK HIM UP!, LOCK HIM UP!..."

2.  Dr. Evans still preaches out a bit, and I think perhaps he has preached for the Pastor of the church David is associated with.  The old timers such as Russell Anderson, Bob Gray, etc. worship Dr. Evans.  If he really felt awful about this, I would think he would make a big "splash" by going public, and demanding David apologize to his victims (as a start)

3.  I'm wondering how things would've been different.... If Dr. Hyles had confronted David, and stood him up on a Sunday night to apologize, and ask the church to forgive him, and announce that he would be stepping down from the ministry.  I wonder if Sumner's article would have even happened, let alone the whole Schaap situation.
( I have no doubt that is how the current Pastor of FBCH would handle things if it was his son. )

prophet said:
fishinnut said:
Binaca Chugger said:
After reading Part 1:

1st BACKBONE
            2nd BACKBONE
            3rd BACKBONE

Jackie-boy loved heaping Beta effeminate spineless jellyfish males around him.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
In the article Joy is quoted & she tells how Davey-boy (we can now add to abuser the title thug toward little girls) braced her against the wall of a motel room with his forearm & yelled at her.

This brought back a memory from when I was at HAC & working in the youth ministry under & with Davey-boy. I witnessed him doing the same exact thing to a Chicago teenage guy who was acting up in a bus kid church service. I was standing shoulder to shoulder with Davey-boy when he threw this kid against a wall & put his forearm in the guy's throat & yelled at him to behave.

So Joy's story holds water for me.

I am pretty confident that WE has not been preaching out an the past couple years.  His health is really waning.  I don't feel like WE should apologize to the nation.  It seems he has made things right with his daughter and has given formal statements to the powers that be (not a MOG).  I am very happy to hear this.