We're here, we're queer and we're coming for your children'

The absolute worst I can recall as a child was a Sunday school teacher (junior high) who exclusively referred to them as f—s. To make matters worse, he’d scold any boy who would refer to them as gays and correct us to use the f-word.
There isn't a church I've belonged to where someone like that would have been allowed to teach.

There isn't a church I've belonged to where someone like that would have been allowed to teach.
In all fairness, I really have my doubts that the church leadership was aware. I definitely never heard any of the church staff or leaders speak that way. This was the mid 90s and I guess as teenage boys, we felt it was going a little overboard, but we probably also didn’t want to squeal on our Sunday school teacher because we’d be perceived as being pro-gay rights. Anyway, I don’t recall exactly what we thought nearly thirty years ago, but that’s what I think we were probably feeling at the time.

….

To wrap up, I guess as I got older I chose to adopt my grandfather’s position on gays. Although you’ll never see me marching in support or collecting rainbow stickers, I figured it’s a free country and what someone does in their home isn’t my business. What I’m not okay with is the indoctrination of children and the agendas being shoved in people’s faces today. The pride flag seems to be becoming a gang flag and if you’re not in lock step with those views, people want you cancelled, fired from your job, etc.
I lean slightly libertarian as well, but the reality of it is that the “nature abhors a vacuum” principle is on full display here in regards to the agenda being pushed. Somebody’s morality will always fill the void, and in this case not caring what goes on behind closed doors, as an attitude and policy-making prerogative, quickly comes to concerns over being jailed for hate speech if you merely voice an opposing opinion.

I don’t recall a great deal of time spent on the subject when I was growing up. My church didn’t spend a great deal of effort on it either. I think it was just taken for granted that everyone knew what the Bible taught and it was case closed. Don’t get me wrong, it was occasionally mentioned in a sermon and in my home, but it was a rarity.

As for making fun of gay people or making off-color jokes, it happened on occasion, but not very often. My dad would occasionally make a comment about someone being “light in their loafers,” but that’s the worst I can recall. I had one grandfather who would call them “funny” (making a limp wrist gesture), and my other grandfather was actually pretty tolerant towards them—sort of a “not my business what they do behind closed doors” attitude.

The absolute worst I can recall as a child was a Sunday school teacher (junior high) who exclusively referred to them as f—s. To make matters worse, he’d scold any boy who would refer to them as gays and correct us to use the f-word. I actually remember telling him I wasn’t comfortable using the term and he got really upset and said he didn’t care, it was mandatory. It was awkward and uncomfortable, and it always left a negative impression on what was otherwise a good teacher to us young men.
I'd have told him if it was "mandatory" to freakin prove it. My parents were tolerant of people who were homosexuals, probably because they were business people, but, they had very few people in that group they would associate with. They didn't encourage us kids to associate with them, either. My uncle, who was a professor at Indiana State University, had a daughter who was a lesbian, but he and my aunt were very quiet about it.
In our church, the people were tolerant of the lifestyle, but very clear about the Biblical positions on such. My SS teacher would refer to them as queers, fags, light in the loafers, etc, and I was not one who would enjoy such verbage. I still don't like it, as my wife and I have several acquaintances who are homosexuals.

I'd have told him if it was "mandatory" to freakin prove it.
If us guys had been a couple years older, I’m sure we would have done that, but being around 13 or 14 years old, and having a Sunday school teacher the age of our grandpas, we were probably a little intimidated to challenge him like that.

If us guys had been a couple years older, I’m sure we would have done that, but being around 13 or 14 years old, and having a Sunday school teacher the age of our grandpas, we were probably a little intimidated to challenge him like that.
Being a child of the 60s gave us a lot of leeway. I was a rather outspoken kid anyway

I highly doubt any man could come up with anything as cringeworthy and blasphemous as the "Sparkle Creed." That took a woman.

Hard to believe that our same U.S. government that now has politicians marching in Pride parades used to send out public information films to the citizens like this:

They mean that they are pushing to gain acceptance for their ideology by indoctrinating children, such as through early sex-education curricula, placement of sexually explicit materials in juvenile libraries, events such as Drag Queen Story Hour, and so forth.

The gay-rights, or LGBTQ-rights, or 2SLGBTQI+rights movement, or whichever jumble of letters you prefer to call it, ceased years ago to be about just gaining acceptance, or the ability to love whom one wishes. It's been absorbed into the Marxist-infused ideologies that have captured pedagogy, activism, leftist politics, even liberal theology.
Even more so, coercing 'affirmation' in the form of puberty blockers and surgery. They're coming to, as Jordan Peterson put it, 'carve them up.'

Last edited:
And it came to pass that Sodom knocked on the door of the FFF, and it was opened.
Gringo has been nothing but respectful here and has never been one to push an agenda! I will gladly stand in his corner against someone who makes unwarranted attacks!

Do you seek to engage your world or do you prefer to live in an isolated, "Christian-ese Bubble?"

I actually wish there were more here like Gringo! Keeps me on my toes and reminds me that I am Christ's ambassador and will one day give account of how I have represented him in my daily actions!

I think one reason many from "deviant" lifestyles don't come to repentance is because they don't find grace within the church. If they do repent, they still struggle because if they were to reveal their struggles they'd be treated as lepers. We as the church will have much to answer for.