What are you listening to right now?

it;s raining.... pretty heavy.... but on the 39th floor you can;t hear the rain fall
unless it;s actually blowing into the window panes or landing on the lanai....
...all you see is rain falling past the windows on it;s way down to the street... ..
so i am listening to this through my headphones to enhance nature....:cool:🎧..

This young singer has been invited to this program to be sung to and to received a surpirse. One of his favortite singers, Ginnette Reno has been invited to come and sing to him. What he doesn't know is that his own father will appear and sing to him, with her. Watch the son's reaction. I really enjoyed this. While you may not speak French, I believe you will enjoy the international language of love between a son and his father.

it;s raining.... pretty heavy.... but on the 39th floor you can;t hear the rain fall
...all you see is rain falling past the windows on it;s way down to the street... ..

What do you do, if I may ask? (39th floor)

What do you do, if I may ask? (39th floor)
i do a lot of things.. ..but if you mean things i get paid for.. i teach archery... i;m licensed to bowhunt for invasive species...(mostly wild pigs-goats).... sometimes fill in as barista at an independent coffee shop...... unfortunately none of it pays for this place.... i live with my sister - and she actually owns it... or at least most of it - in partnership/contract with the company she works for... (her office and base of operation is in this same apartment)..... and she works for an international private security/risk management and close protection company.. . ...

she;s actually pretty high up in management for them now... ..the apartment is a former safe house they decertified but kept possession of... so while it;s located in a luxury highrise the apartment itself is almost like a bunker... ..little bit maze like too.... and it;s a huge place so we have several room mates plus her husband lives here too when he is on island... he is a navy officer and based out of pearl harbor....... ...if you ask him.. (depending on what kind of mood he is in).. he will tell you i;m a freeloader... .. but i was here long before he was.. ... ;)

Last edited:

You must truly live in the clouds. I envy you!

You must truly live in the clouds. I envy you!
it was actually a little intimidating when we first moved in here... at least for me... ..it took me a while to get use to being this far above the streets and a long time to become comfortable walking out on the lanai ...(the balcony).... even just walking from the elevators down the corridor to our apartment was intimidating.... the corridor is open to the air one side and it can get windy out there at times.... but i finally got use to that too..... ... ..but the one thing i loved from the beginning .. and still do.. is how cool fresh air blows in from mauka.. .(mountains).... .especially at night..... the buildings built when this one was, were designed to take full advantage of natural breezes... back when air conditioning was rare in hawaii and even considered unnecessary..... .. but the new highrises that have come up all around us since then are not being built that way... . they look like big steel and glass boxes... some of them don;t even have lanais or balcony... and some don;t look like they even have windows that open.... ..

but they do have massive parking garages and plenty of parking for residences.... which is one thing this building lacks... .. ours does have a big parking garage on the first few floors but there are not enough spaces for every apartment to have even one... and they all had to be bought separately from the apartments themselves and there are tons of rules regarding how they can be used... .... . we own 3 that the company bought when they first bought this apartment but 2 of those are being rented out. ....my brother in law keeps his motorcycle in a lockup area of the garage especially made for motorcycles..... which he pays rent for..... but my sisters motorcycle is in storage at a separate warehouse... he would keep his there too except he uses it daily to get back and forth from pearl harbor....

i do a lot of things.. ..but if you mean things i get paid for.. i teach archery... i;m licensed to bowhunt for invasive species...(mostly wild pigs-goats).... sometimes fill in as barista at an independent coffee shop...... unfortunately none of it pays for this place.... i live with my sister - and she actually owns it... or at least most of it - in partnership/contract with the company she works for... (her office and base of operation is in this same apartment)..... and she works for an international private security/risk management and close protection company.. . ...

she;s actually pretty high up in management for them now... ..the apartment is a former safe house they decertified but kept possession of... so while it;s located in a luxury highrise the apartment itself is almost like a bunker... ..little bit maze like too.... and it;s a huge place so we have several room mates plus her husband lives here too when he is on island... he is a navy officer and based out of pearl harbor....... ...if you ask him.. (depending on what kind of mood he is in).. he will tell you i;m a freeloader... .. but i was here long before he was.. ... ;)
Oh. I thought the 39th floor was an office you worked in. That's cool. How's the parking? LOL.

Ekklesian, in another thread, you asked me why I suspect that there is a Creator. This little boy words it better than I can.

Same way it usually happens. Heard or read some random phrase, and wound up repeating "Enid we never really knew each other anyways" ad nauseam in my head.

*shrug* At least it was a decent band...
true.... and it;s a better song than some of the stuff i;ve gotten stuck in my head leately... 😖

Oh. I thought the 39th floor was an office you worked in. That's cool. How's the parking? LOL.
here;s an idea of how ridiculous parking is here... ... we have 4 room mates that my sister charges a modest fee for rent.... it;s not the cheapest rent in the city... but it;s definitely a better deal than they could get anywhere else for a similar size room on a high floor.. and in a secured building.. .... but the people who rent the 2 extra parking spaces she owns pay more for each of those spaces than our room mates pay for rent.... .....but the amount she charges is in line with what other parking spaces rent for in this part of the city and in this building so there is a waiting list of people wanting to rent parking when those are freed up... .... ... and when parking spaces are actually sold in buildings like this they go for astronomical prices.... ..as much as a small house would cost in many parts of the mainland..... .. ...they call it the price of paradise - which kinda bugs me sometimes coz they make it sound like they invented the paradise.. ..rather than just discovered it while sailing around the pacific one day... ...

Last edited:
here;s an idea of how ridiculous parking is here... ... we have 4 room mates that my sister charges a modest fee for rent.... it;s not the cheapest rent in the city... but it;s definitely a better deal than they could get anywhere else for a similar size room on a high floor.. and in a secured building.. .... but the people who rent the 2 extra parking spaces she owns pay more for each of those spaces than our room mates pay for rent.... .....but the amount she charges is in line with what other parking spaces rent for in this part of the city and in this building so there is a waiting list of people wanting to rent parking when those are freed up... .... ... and when parking spaces are actually sold in buildings like this they go for astronomical prices.... ..as much as a small house would cost in many parts of the mainland..... .. ...they call it the price of paradise - which kinda bugs me sometimes coz they make it sound like they invented the paradise.. ..rather than just discovered it while sailing around the pacific one day... ...

I once owned a condo in a highrise in Birmingham, Al. And my unit came with an underground parking spot. I agree with you that they are very valuable. I ended up selling my parking spot to another unit owner in the building who wanted it.

Oh, the Blessed Assurance we have that we are in Christ, and that HE loves us.