What are you listening to right now?

The Real Bob. said:
Talented, yes. Someone who should be listened to? No. He is perverted, sick, twisted and an agent of demons.  He should be avoided. My soul gets enough crap in the world as it is without me allowing his garbage to stream into my brain.

That's pretty much what I said about Eminem, except you were more vehement. He's off my playlist too. And the agent of demons stuff? Maybe, but I don't know how you could know that unless you have an spy in Satan's HQ.

Izdaari said:
The Real Bob. said:
Talented, yes. Someone who should be listened to? No. He is perverted, sick, twisted and an agent of demons.  He should be avoided. My soul gets enough crap in the world as it is without me allowing his garbage to stream into my brain.

That's pretty much what I said about Eminem, except you were more vehement. He's off my playlist too. And the agent of demons stuff? Maybe, but I don't know how you could know that unless you have an spy in Satan's HQ.

Yeah, that's it. I have a spy in Satan's HQ.  That is the only way to tell if someone is serving the devil.

That's an interesting rendition of "Gotta Serve Somebody" compared to the studio recording on Slow Train Coming. It's a mark of a good performer that he can pull off a live performance with a significantly different groove from the album track.

But his guitarist is no Mark Knopfler.

Flash Gordon was pretty amazing. So was Freddy Mercury. I rate him as the best male vocalist of recent times. And I rate Alison Krauss as best female vocalist. Too bad they never got to do a duet, that would have been SO awesome.  :D

raised2walk's amazing and heart-warming laughter.
<3

Bob said:
Izdaari said:
The Real Bob. said:
Izdaari said:
The Real Bob. said:
Izdaari said:
Well, going to have the skip the classic rap. Inappropriate language and stuff.

How 'bout some Christian rap instead?

Lecrae - "Go Hard" Feat Tedashii (Official Video) [HQ]

I don't mind Christain Rap. One of my favoire CDs is rap.  Its the vile garbage that most heavy metal bands call songs that I don't need my mind filled with.

Sorry for ending a sentence with a preposition.
Yeah, ok. I can understand that. Some Metallica songs, and that one in particular, have some fairly... ominous... lyrics.

I listened to heavy metal in the 80's 90's and then a lot of rap since the 80's and much of what they speak of is never going to have any positive impact on my soul.

the music.....thats one thing.

the lyrics.  That is the point of the song, to get the message to your mind.  I won't even try to share the songs that come to mind. Just think Eminem.

With rap, the lyrics are the point. With metal, not so much. A lot of metalheads are like Bro Blue. Lyrics? Can't understand 'em anyway. Some of the bands just write gibberish that works with their tunes.

Eminem is a very talented songwriter, but I sure wouldn't want to live in his head. He's a sad, sick puppy.

Wow, Bobby, you excel at the Calvinistic ability to avoid personal responsibility for the crap in your life. Ha! You're hilarious, just like your theology and the fact you think you have any credibility.
Whether the Christian Faith or filling prescriptions, you're a loser.
:-D

FortBuilder 8.25 said:
Wow, Bobby, you excel at the Calvinistic ability to avoid personal responsibility for the crap in your life. Ha! You're hilarious, just like your theology and the fact you think you have any credibility.
Whether the Christian Faith or filling prescriptions, you're a loser.
:-D
While I might agree with part of your assessment, I have to take exception to the idea that those who hold to the Doctrines of Grace "excel at avoiding personal responsibility"....