What are you listening to right now?

IMNSHO, This piece represents the apex of song writing.

Now here it is on accordion: (I'll bet it would have made Lawrence Welk green with envy.)

You know Lawrence Welk! As a child, my family would sit around the den every Saturday night and watch him - and "the champagne lady" - and others.

You know Lawrence Welk! As a child, my family would sit around the den every Saturday night and watch him - and "the champagne lady" - and others.
Norma Zimmer, the Champagne Lady...

"Thank you a Bobby ana Sissy for that wonnaful rendition of Amazing Grace! An now here's a Ms. Norma Zimmer to a sing Tiny Bubbles." 😁😂

My mom used to take me to a Saturday night babysitter once a month. This sitter and her husband were retirees and watched LW religiously . At the end, everyone from the audience would dance during "Good night, sleep tight..." LW would dance with one of the ladies from the audience. This babysitter told me she was there for a taping and asked her to dance once.

I watched LW with her because right afterward, Emergency! came on. John Gage and Roy DeSoto were my heros!

BTW, Norma Zimmer wrote an autobiography about growing up around Seattle in an alcoholic family and how she eventually came to faith in the Lord. She went into detail about what it takes to read music and sing with an orchestra like LW's. Interesting read. I didn't remember he specifically but once YouTube came out, I looked her up. She had a very sweet voice.

Last edited:
'
BTW, Norma Zimmer wrote an autobiography . . . .

My grandmother had her autobiography and now I have it. It's right here. She indeed was a christian and often sang for Dr Graham in his crusades. I once watched her sing "I beleive in miracles" at his crusade. I was going to share it but I can't find it. It's a song written by that great song writer, John W Peterson.

I don't like to see a grown man cry.

Great song though.

I met their bass player after a concert.
Tells a story of hope, very compelling.

Last edited: