What are your favorite Christmas movies?

One more thing about Santa. The real St. Nick must have been an extraordinary man to have such embellishments to grow up around his legacy.

Ok. I've never heard of the legend of the krampus, so I looked it and the film up. What a sick and twisted legend it is.

Of the legend itself, I saw pictures of St. Nicholas in a very papal looking getup sneering like a maniacal [fatherless son] cavorting with krampus. All of this legend arising for Bavaria and Austria. This is beginning to connect the dots helping me to understand where the idea of devils and demons 👿 appearing as horned beasts comes from. Of note, while I understand that the legend of St. Nicholas comes from a "patron saint" of children, we remember that sometimes Satan is referred to as "Old Nick". Should it then be little surprise that Adolf Hitler came from this region? I digress...

As for the movie itself, I read the synopsis of it and it is as twisted as the legend of old. Particularly repugnant to me is the story line that this beast punishes Max for his attitude when it clearly comes from his exasperation over his messed up family. Equally repugnant is the fact that the krampus targeted Omi's family for loosing their "Christmas spirit" during WWII. Call me a Grinch but this movie is definitely on my do not watch list.
so then..... is it safe to assume you won;t be ordering the krampus christmas ornament collection?..... :unsure: ....:giggle:;). .(j/k)... ...

i know the movie is not for everybody... ...it;s a dark combination of fantasy horror and comedy - that only a few of us weird ones can appreciate... 🧟‍♀️.. ...i laughed through most of it... . but then i also laughed outloud in the theater when sam jackson got eaten by a shark in deep blue sea... .other people in the theater turned and looked at us in horror ...as if wondering..."how could you laugh at something like that?"...... but i was wondering how anyone could not laugh.... it was the mighty sam jackson - right in the middle of one of his famous speeches and dialogues..... laying out the facts and telling them how it was going to be..... ...and it was so unexpected.... the shark jumped up out of the dive pool - grabbed jackson in his jaws - and dragged him back into the deep....... end of speech... end of jackson....🦈

so then..... is it safe to assume you won;t be ordering the krampus christmas ornament collection?..... :unsure: ....:giggle:;). .(j/k)... ...

i know the movie is not for everybody... ...it;s a dark combination of fantasy horror and comedy - that only a few of us weird ones can appreciate... 🧟‍♀️.. ...i laughed through most of it... . but then i also laughed outloud in the theater when sam jackson got eaten by a shark in deep blue sea... .other people in the theater turned and looked at us in horror ...as if wondering..."how could you laugh at something like that?"...... but i was wondering how anyone could not laugh.... it was the mighty sam jackson - right in the middle of one of his famous speeches and dialogues..... laying out the facts and telling them how it was going to be..... ...and it was so unexpected.... the shark jumped up out of the dive pool - grabbed jackson in his jaws - and dragged him back into the deep....... end of speech... end of jackson....🦈
Yes. Very safe assumption.

No judgement here. Each of us are twisted in our own ways. Look at what I do for a living!

While this isn't one of the traditional movies that we think about at Christmas time, I discovered this movie just last year but have watched it several times. I have always thought that Ms Young was such a classy woman and here she is in her elder years when she came out of retirement and made this movie for television. It has a great theme to it and I think you might enjoy it. By the way, Merry Christmas. (Click "watch on youtube")

Watched it this evening. Kind of a mashup between Miracle on 34th Street, sans Santa Claus, and The Curious Savage.

Well acted for a made for TV movie. It could almost be the private investigator's story

I don't think it would have had an emotional effect on me, though, if I weren't estranged from my own children.

talking about whether the idea of santa claus is good or bad... and whether he actually subverts the gospel
message or corrupts it... take a look at this medieval painting nat geo published the other day.... ...it had

nothing to do with santa claus... it was about the apostles paul and peter being arrested by the romans
... .. but look who that is standing behind the apostles helping the romans arrest them... :unsure: . . 😲

santaarresspaultheapostle.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't post often but had to come in here and represent for my favorite Christmas movie: PRANCER!! It's my #1, followed by The Family Man and the 1999 version of A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart.