What I saw in church this week..............

Twisted said:
fishinnut said:
Another former HACker (not me) who was wearing a baseball cap to church.

Was it the same kind as your preacher was wearing?  HACkers do like to imitate.
No, but there was maybe one of the guitar players.

fishinnut said:
Twisted said:
fishinnut said:
Another former HACker (not me) who was wearing a baseball cap to church.

Was it the same kind as your preacher was wearing?  HACkers do like to imitate.
No, but there was maybe one of the guitar players.

Close enough.  LOL!

I consider myself a pretty good grillmaster. I've been grilling for many years. I have a very nice grill that I use quite often throughout the year here in the sunny south. Tonight I grilled some beef tenderloins from Omaha Steaks they were two inches thick. My wife & I like our steaks done differently. She likes her's quite rare but I prefer my steaks done well & cooked through & through.  I don't even like a little pink in the middle of the state with mine. We sometimes jokingly give each other a hard time about our preferences. I could never eat the steak the way that she prefers, but that's how she likes her steak and that's how I like my steaks.

How foolish it would be to let our personal preferences hurt or harm or married relationship.

And how foolish it is that Christians, especially Christian leaders let their own preferences hurt & harm their relationships with other believers. They focus their sniper scopes on their brothers backs instead of the real enemy who as a roaring lion walks about seeking whom he may devour.

Last December we celebrated our 43rd anniversary & I took her out to one of the best steak restaurants in our area. The steaks were amazing, she chose the Filet Mignon & I chose the 22 oz Cowboy cut steak.  On the menu there was a note from the chief chef that stated that they would not cook their aged steaks more that medium well. So that is how I ordered. I wondered if I could handle my meat that way...................I handled that steak with no problem at all.

Me thinks that we all might have new and thus far unseen horizons that we could enjoy if we would allow ourselves to do so.
[/quote]

That's a good illustration on how to deal with preferences.  Not so good on dealing with convictions.

RAIDER said:
I consider myself a pretty good grillmaster. I've been grilling for many years. I have a very nice grill that I use quite often throughout the year here in the sunny south. Tonight I grilled some beef tenderloins from Omaha Steaks they were two inches thick. My wife & I like our steaks done differently. She likes her's quite rare but I prefer my steaks done well & cooked through & through.  I don't even like a little pink in the middle of the state with mine. We sometimes jokingly give each other a hard time about our preferences. I could never eat the steak the way that she prefers, but that's how she likes her steak and that's how I like my steaks.

How foolish it would be to let our personal preferences hurt or harm or married relationship.

And how foolish it is that Christians, especially Christian leaders let their own preferences hurt & harm their relationships with other believers. They focus their sniper scopes on their brothers backs instead of the real enemy who as a roaring lion walks about seeking whom he may devour.

Last December we celebrated our 43rd anniversary & I took her out to one of the best steak restaurants in our area. The steaks were amazing, she chose the Filet Mignon & I chose the 22 oz Cowboy cut steak.  On the menu there was a note from the chief chef that stated that they would not cook their aged steaks more that medium well. So that is how I ordered. I wondered if I could handle my meat that way...................I handled that steak with no problem at all.

Me thinks that we all might have new and thus far unseen horizons that we could enjoy if we would allow ourselves to do so.

That's a good illustration on how to deal with preferences.  Not so good on dealing with convictions.
[/quote]I am of the conviction that most believers would not (as IFB David Gibbs defined convictions) die for most of what they call their convictions.

Summer Slump. What I saw in Church tonight.
18671077_1719615991387002_9222962947063329524_n.jpg

bgwilkinson said:

Naw....that can't be right.  Is this an hour before service starts?

bgwilkinson said:

If this is correct, then mid-week service here in the ward has about 2000% higher attendance than this (based on available seating).

Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

If this is correct, then mid-week service here in the ward has about 2000% higher attendance than this (based on available seating).

If you want to count available seats, that would be about 6,000. Less than 500 in attendance.

bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

If you want to count available seats, that would be about 6,000. Less than 500 in attendance.
But still rockin' the big screens.

Here is the Better Roads Ahead (previously called Reformers Unanimous now just known as BRA) graduates from tonight. This helped to increase attendance a bit.
It explains the small bunch of people on the East side more towards the orchestra.

18620361_1894584017481055_3575528091356855517_n.jpg

50 zillion "saved" during the past 50 years and this is it?

I'm surprised they can afford to turn on the lights.

bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

That really saddens me...and I have no idea why.
Do you think they will be able to sustain the college long term?

Tarheel Baptist said:
bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:

That really saddens me...and I have no idea why.
Do you think they will be able to sustain the college long term?

HAC is in deep financial trouble. Not enough customers to pay the bills and the church no longer kicks in anything. Maintenance costs just as much as if there was 1500 customers.
College has no debt which is helpful but only customers pay the bills.

bgwilkinson said:

Is this a "normal" Wednesday night crowd?  Are there other services going on at the same time?

My first reaction included an, "Oh my word." Any other time that would have been funny. Then I thought it is summer. Then I thought, that shouldn't matter. College students or not this is sad.

It's the old 'BB's' in a boxcar effect.
Heartbreaking...:(
I really like Bro. Wilkerson and I know, from a pastor's point of view what he's experiencing, at least to a degree.
Back in 1989, I went to California to visit the man who won me to Christ who had gotten out of the service a couple of years previously.
I was about ready to get out of the service and was looking at Bible Colleges, and I wanted to see what John Mac Arthur's "Master's College" was about.
So, I made the trip from Pomona up to Johnny Mac's church and college in great anticipation.
I had been listening to "Grace to You" for several years and really enjoyed his preaching."
I couldn't wait to see the Johnny Mac, the giant auditorium with the thronging crowds.
We got to the church and I was impressed with its size on the outside.
On our way to the sanctuary, we passed a gymnasium from which I heard cries of delight coming from competition, stemming from what we surmised was the Awana club in progress.
As we entered into the auditorium I sensed something was wrong.
The auditorium looked like it would seat several thousand, but it was all roped off except for a small portion in the center front.
There were about 100 people milling around and getting seated.
The reason for the miniscule crowd?
Johnny Mac was off preaching somewhere else.
Result?
Major disappointment!

Here is the view tonight from the back at HB graduation.
I'm  two rows from the back wall.
Way more than Wed night.
18664268_1721681664513768_1259657724386782020_n.jpg

The teens/students were selling http://kingofpops.com/ in the lobby to raise $$ for summer camp.