What is the Gospel?

Ransom, I'd listen to it just to learn a thing or two from Tom Cucuzza's humor.

I think you could pull off his wit if you applied yourself.

For only 3 easy payments of $19.99 you too can have your very own embossed doctorate in Wit.

Or become a Doctor of Defining Things. Sure, I already have a legitimate earned degree in English, but imagine how much better I would be at Defining Things if I went to Bible college like "Dr." Cucuzza!

Banana: a fruit.

See what I mean? Simplicity itself. Here, man, have a banana.

kumquathands1.jpg

And I thought your favorite thing was trying to prove me wrong

No matter the question, you're always the most important. There are few English words to describe that condition.

So the moral of the story is, if you can’t find or understand a lexicon, find a YouTube of somebody who claims to be an authority.

“Whatever you do! Don’t read and obey your Bible.” - UGC

So the moral of the story is, if you can’t find or understand a lexicon, find a YouTube of somebody who claims to be an authority.

“Whatever you do! Don’t read and obey your Bible.” - UGC
I've noticed that theme. If you follow a lot of the arguments through in the end his appeal is typically someone's intellect not the clear teaching of Scripture. At times he points to the "high" intelligence of Rucky, himself, or some other figure whose message he approves of. It reminds me sort of a Christianized version of atheism. Since atheists lack a religion intellect/education typically become their "religion".

I've noticed that theme. If you follow a lot of the arguments through in the end his appeal is typically someone's intellect not the clear teaching of Scripture.

Yep!
... and if you don't like the counterargument, just call it "Catholic"
It's all to simple.

In Luke 3:8-14, is John the Baptist talking about a mere change of mind, or is he asking people to change their actions and way of life?

In Acts 26:20, is Paul asking people only to change their minds, or to "do works meet for repentance?"

In 2 Corinthians 7:9-11, is Paul only asking the Corinthians to change their minds, or is he asking them to take action?

In 2 Corinthians 12:21 is Paul only asking the Corinthians to change their minds, or is he asking them to stop their uncleanness and fornications and lasciviousness which they have committed?

In Revelation 2:5 is John asking the Ephesians to change their minds but not to "do the first works?"

In Revelation 2:21 is John asking Jezebel to change her mind but not to stop committing fornication?

In Revelation 9:20-21, is John the Apostle asking people to change their minds but not to stop their idolatry, murder, sorcery, fornication and theft?

In Revelation 16:11 is John the Apostle asking people to repent of their deeds, or only to change their minds?

UGClown says I am going to hell for the "sin" of citing verses from the KJV that do not fit into his deranged system of theology which is based on the lies of his demon-possessed guru Peter Ruckman. What about the authors of the New Testament verses that I have cited - are they all going to hell, too?

UGC is locked into the word "metanoia" because that is all he has learned from his antinomian false teachers (and YouTube).

The teaching of "repentance" is much greater in Scripture than one word... While we watch the squirming UGC fail to resolve issues related to metanoia... here is a more full look at repentance in Scripture.

In ADDITION to the word "metanoia," here are the others...
  • STREPHOMAI στρέφομαι "changing one's manner of life, with the implication of turning to God" in other words "repent" Matthew 18.3
  • EPISPREPHW ἐπιστρέφω "to change one's manner of life in a particular direction with the implication of turning back to God." Mk 4.12
  • GENNAO ANOTHEN: γεννάω ἄνωθεν and PALINGENESAI παλιγγενεσία BOTH words meaning to be born again "to be born again" That is experiencing a complete change in one's way of life to what it should be. It is a wonderful illustration as the individual is born again and experiencing a new life! Titus 3.5
  • ... and the antonym AMETANOETOS ἀμετανόητος: This is the opposite to metanoia. It means to refuse to turn to God. Romans 2.5

Yes, UGClown is a sad example of a typical antinomian hyper-dispensationalist. He condemns to hell anyone who does not adopt his "anything goes" libertinism, while citing the notorious junkie Johnny Cash as a role model.

Sorry, UGClown, but I cannot repent of my rejection of the absolute lordship of cult leader Peter Ruckman. Isn't accepting the lordship of Rucky just another form of "Lordship Salvation?" And besides, repentance is "not for today," right?

Yep!
... and if you don't like the counterargument, just call it "Catholic"
The ironic thing is, it's much of Catholic theology that devolves into citing authorities rather than exegeting Scripture.

Yes, UGClown is a sad example of a typical antinomian hyper-dispensationalist. He condemns to hell anyone who does not adopt his "anything goes" libertinism, while citing the notorious junkie Johnny Cash as a role model.
Also ironically, my understanding of Cash is that while he was deeply flawed, he was also genuinely penitent.

If you

1) decry as "works" turning from sin and toward God as part of salvation; and

2) question the genuineness of someone's Christianity based on their behaviour,

you might be a Ruckmanoid.

*Yawn* Still haven't properly addressed any of my posts I see?

Here, try this one, "secular definition of metanoia" (No such thing: I think you mean original definition):

How is you argument at all different from asserting this:

"God wanted to confuse everyone with a brand new definition of a word, by using it DIFFERENTLY from how every Greek used it up until then!".

Are you serious? Why wouldn't God just use a different word altogether instead of CHANGING the definition of a word JUST for his scriptures. That makes no sense at all. If God wanted to say, "Turn from your sins and reform your life" to get into heaven, he would have just said it. God is not going to confuse everyone by saying "change your mind", but that's not what I really mean, you better listen to the New Theologians who tell you the NEW definition of "change your mind".

No, seriously. This is essentially what you're arguing for: Labyrinths of delusion.
Occam's razor: the simplest solution is usually the best.
Don't unnecessarily overcomplicate things to high heaven just to fit your theology. That's twisting the word of God.

Think about where it's gotten you: you literally REJECT where God told you to change your mind and say "that's ridiculous". You just called the plain word of God ridiculous! The stupidity!

Here, try this one, "secular definition of metanoia" (No such thing: I think you mean original definition):

I proved by citing secular sources that metanoia has a semantic range that does not involve obeying God.
You haven't even studied the idea of repentance in Scripture!
You don't understand language. Even unbelievers use the word "repent" with no regard for God.

So... while you are comfortable with striping the biblical usage of the word to just match a secular meaning.

Unbelievers also use words like "saved" "reconcile" "adopted" "justified" without ANY biblical meaning attached. Why do you interpret the Bible as a secularist?

*Yawn* Still haven't properly addressed any of my posts I see?

How is you argument at all different from asserting this:

"God wanted to confuse everyone with a brand new definition of a word, by using it DIFFERENTLY from how every Greek used it up until then!".

Are you serious? Why wouldn't God just use a different word altogether instead of CHANGING the definition of a word JUST for his scriptures. That makes no sense at all. If God wanted to say, "Turn from your sins and reform your life" to get into heaven, he would have just said it. God is not going to confuse everyone by saying "change your mind", but that's not what I really mean, you better listen to the New Theologians who tell you the NEW definition of "change your mind".

No, seriously. This is essentially what you're arguing for: Labyrinths of delusion.
Occam's razor: the simplest solution is usually the best.
Don't unnecessarily overcomplicate things to high heaven just to fit your theology. That's twisting the word of God.

Think about where it's gotten you: you literally REJECT where God told you to change your mind and say "that's ridiculous". You just called the plain word of God ridiculous! The stupidity!
Why are you stuck on just one of the words God used for repentance? He caused several different Greek words to be used in order to eliminate your confusion.

"works" turning from sin
I don't know if you've ever read this thing called the Bible, but turning from sin is literally defined BY GOD as works:

Since you skipped all your Sunday school classes as a child, let's go allll the way back to the basics:

1. The Law of Moses was provided to outline what sin is, so that by it we have the knowledge of sin (more specifically laid out than conscience):

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin." -Rom. 3:20

2. WHOEVER commits sin breaks the law, therefore PRIOR to the new birth (which removes you from under the curse of the law),
DOING sin is breaking the law and NOT DOING sin is obeying the law, now that the law was provided mankind:

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." -1 Jn. 3:4

3. The law concluded ALL under sin, meaning ALL of your efforts in trying to turn from, abstain from, live apart from SIN can't get you eternal life:
"Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight [THIS MEANS TURNING FROM SIN IN OBEDIENCE TO THE LAW PRIOR TO RECEIVING ETERNAL LIFE WILL NOT GET YOU SAVED]: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely [IT'S NOT FREE IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE "TURN FROM YOUR SINS" TO GET IT: THAT'S REJECTING THE FREE GIFT AND TRYING TO DO A LITTLE PET BACKFLIP TO IMPRESS GOD LIKE TURN OVER A NEW LEAF AND PROMISE TO STOP SINNING FROM NOW ON TO DESERVE IT] by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:" -Rom. 3:19-24

4. Trying to turn from sin BEFORE Salvation or AT THE MOMENT of trying to be saved is essentially still working to do so in our flesh under the law:
"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. [YOU NEED THE NEW BIRTH BEFORE YOU CAN HAVE THE POWER TO TURN FROM YOUR SINS]" -Rom. 8:3