When We Fail

We'll be a while on the fact that many people who fail in their Christian service do not understand why. And even when you explain it to them, they don't believe it. And to top it off, many of them really are Godly.

Sometime around 1975, John R. Rice (who never had a scandal) was considering starting a church. His son-in-law, who pastored a large church, talked him out of it, pointing out that Rice would lose credibility--Rice had never been able to pastor a large church.

Around 1970, I heard Dr. Rice preach. You could see and hear his pain as he told how he would not allow anyone in his church to teach or hold any office unless they showed up for weekly soul-winning. Many of them left him and served successfully in other churches. According to Wikipedia, the church later fired Dr. Rice.

Why couldn't John R. Rice build a big church? He would not permit Christians to use their spiritual gifts unless they showed up for weekly soul-winning. God never gave that requirement--the Holy Spirit gave Christians those gifts to build up the church, but Rice forbad them to use those gifts.

If anyone did explain this to him, Dr. Rice didn't believe it. And so he stood there painfully telling us how many of those people had turned hostile to him, not understanding why.

Vince Massi said:
We'll be a while on the fact that many people who fail in their Christian service do not understand why.

Romans 2:1 is Vince's life verse. What he accuses others of, he is guilty of himsel.

He continues to fail to answer questions that deserve an answer.

Christians who  fail in their service often don't understand why they fail. We'll be on this for a while.

A successful entrepreneur, who had started several successful small businesses, did a study on why new businesses fail. The owners would tell him why they had lost customers. But when he talked to customers who had stopped buying from those businesses, they gave different reasons.

When I started at a paper mill, my net worth was less than $1,000. Fourteen years later, I retired to Mexico, while my co-workers could not afford to leave. Twelve years later, most of them are still there. While the US stock market averages over 10% per year, most investors don't do that well, and many of them lose their money. Researching heavily, I could see what they were doing wrong and avoided those mistakes. But I also read that when their mistakes were explained to them, most of them refused to change.

Some people don't understand why they fail, even when it is proven to them. Why not?

Vince Massi said:
Christians who  fail in their service often don't understand why they fail. We'll be on this for a while.

A successful entrepreneur, who had started several successful small businesses, did a study on why new businesses fail. The owners would tell him why they had lost customers. But when he talked to customers who had stopped buying from those businesses, they gave different reasons.

When I started at a paper mill, my net worth was less than $1,000. Fourteen years later, I retired to Mexico, while my co-workers could not afford to leave. Twelve years later, most of them are still there. While the US stock market averages over 10% per year, most investors don't do that well, and many of them lose their money. Researching heavily, I could see what they were doing wrong and avoided those mistakes. But I also read that when their mistakes were explained to them, most of them refused to change.

Some people don't understand why they fail, even when it is proven to them. Why not?
You obviously are so proud of yourself. Maybe you could run a week long seminar and tell people how successful you are. I hear the 3rd week of March is open

"You obviously are so proud of yourself. "

Deertracks, I'll be dealing later in this series with misunderstanding pride and humility. The Scriptures tell us that it is God Who gives us wealth, and it promises blessings on those who tithe. God did bless me with the wisdom to understand what I read, and the results are there to prove it.

So Vince, so you take to FF as your personal blog space, are you going to continue to ignore the charges levied against you? Or are you just going to continue to go on and on and on and on and on and on.........
this is after all, a fighting forum. Usually in a fight, when one of the combatants doesn't throw a punch back, they stop the fight.....you havent thrown a punch in a few rounds there Vince... just sayin'

"you havent thrown a punch in a few rounds there Vince... "

Right you are, Recovering. A variety of verses tell us not to speak evil of the brethren, let nothing be done through strife, not to return railing for railing, etc.

Your accusation is correct.

The FFF does not understand why it is failing.

At one time, the FFF was one of the biggest and perhaps the biggest, Christian forum on the web. Pointing out that forums overall have declined does not change the fact that there are still large Christian forums, and FFF is not one of them. There are currently three FFFs that I know of, and all of them are held together by a small number of heavy posters.

For starters, the FFF leadership does not understand why they used to succeed.

1) Jack Hyles. The HAC sub-forum easily outnumbered all the other college sub-forums combined.
2) Recovering from the sins of HAC. To be fair, FFF is a victim of its own success. They forced HAC to correct many of these sins because people at FBCH were reading the posts.
3) The sins of lesser leaders, such as Dave Hyles, Joe Combs, and Jim Vineyard, also provided a lot of  readership. Publicity from FFF and others forced HAC to stop protecting ungodly leaders.

Vince Massi said:
There are currently three FFFs that I know of,

Can you provide the links for the other 2?

Twisted said:
Vince Massi said:

The admin will get angry at me if I post the first one, and the second one is a secret group by invitation only.

Vince Massi said:
Twisted said:
Vince Massi said:

The admin will get angry at me if I post the first one, and the second one is a secret group by invitation only.

The admin is always angry with you.  LOL!  What do you care?  Post it or send them to me as a message.

"The admin is always angry with you.  LOL!  What do you care?"

Hey, FSSL isn't a bad fellow. He's allowed to disagree.

Vince, I don't think that by hiding from theses accusations of you hiding, nobody will take you seriously....just go ahead and answer Scott's accusation and put this to rest....

Recovering IFB said:
Vince, I don't think that by hiding from theses accusations of you hiding, nobody will take you seriously....just go ahead and answer Scott's accusation and put this to rest....

Recovering, I appreciate your genuine effort to help..

I'm not hiding, however. I'm posting publicly, using my real name,  telling where I am, and even giving my church's name.

Vince Massi said:
Recovering IFB said:

Recovering, I appreciate your genuine effort to help..

I'm not hiding, however. I'm posting publicly, using my real name,  telling where I am, and even giving my church's name.
Yeah, but you are not answering him.....sorta like a politician.