Where have you visited churches?

sword said:
Temple Baptist Church of Powell, Tennessee

Great church to visit if in Tn.  Love the feel of the place.

I attended a Wednesday evening service there. My husband, I and four children sat in the balcony at the end of a pew in a space that would normally seat 2 adults.

Baptist City Holdout said:
sword said:
Tabernacle Baptist Church, Greenville, SC
Visited half dozen services over 3 years in the early 80's

Its was something every time I visited.

One Sunday night things got to going, and Bro. Sightler said, "Oh my goodness, I forgot we were on the radio!"

:)

Apple Valley Baptist Church
Lexington, MA

A man drank from a bottle in a paper bag during the middle of the preaching. After that, we opted out of participating in the Lord's supper service afterwards. Our children were with us. ;)

Milwaukee, WI
People's Baptist Church
(I think that was the name.)

First Baptist Church
Hammond, IN

Attended faithfully except during summers from 1982 to 1986.

Ko'olau Baptist Church
Kaneohe
Island of Oahu
Hawaii

Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, CA in 1988.

First Baptist Church of Bridgeport, MI.

The only church Dr. Hyles said he ever preached where the pastor had a woman's name.  :)

Independent Baptist Church in tiny Montezuma, Indiana. Stopped in coming  back from vacation last summer. The pastor, HAC grad Keith McIntyre, has been there for almost 20 years patiently building a good church in the middle of nowhere. The pianist and organist were an old married couple who occasionally smiled and occasionally glared at each other over the instruments. They were so sweet. For five years Keith has been working on a new auditorium trying to get it done without going into debt. Well, he finally dedicated it just this last Easter Sunday. Very happy for he and his folks.

Willow Creek............best church band I've heard.

I was surprised that the crowd was so subdued & also formally quiet. So I started clapping with the music. By the time the music portion of the servive was over the entire crowd on all the levels were clapping to the tunes. 8)

About the only "famous" church I've visited is North Valley Baptist Church in CA (Jack Trieber, pastor).

I've been to smallish churches  in Illinois.. a Baptist church in Normal IL - heard Ron Hamilton sing Rejoice in the Lord.

Visited a church in PA - I think it was Open Door Church - Dino Pedrone(?) was pastoring at the time.

Visited a church in Virginia where the pastor routinely asked for questions after Sunday School; it was very refreshing!

Heard Jack Hyles and Lee Roberson speak at a church in Maryland.

Attended a small church in Pennsylvania in the days when I thought Gail Riplinger was a great KJV defender.  The pastor spoke about why the church was KJV but not KJVO, and tore Riplinger apart.  It upset me at the time, but I learned that he spoke the truth that night.

fishinnut said:
Willow Creek............best church band I've heard.

I was surprised that the crowd was so subdued & also formally quiet. So I started clapping with the music. By the time the music portion of the servive was over the entire crowd on all the levels were clapping to the tunes. 8)

You rabble rouser!  ;)

Walt said:
About the only "famous" church I've visited is North Valley Baptist Church in CA (Jack Trieber, pastor).

These don't need to be "famous". 

A Baptist church in Charleston, SC.