Where have you visited churches?

One evening, while in New London for business, I drove to the First Baptist Church of Providence, Rhode Island. The sign said it was the oldest Baptist church in the us. I enjoyed the tour.

Tom Brennan said:
Independent Baptist Church in tiny Montezuma, Indiana. Stopped in coming  back from vacation last summer. The pastor, HAC grad Keith McIntyre, has been there for almost 20 years patiently building a good church in the middle of nowhere. The pianist and organist were an old married couple who occasionally smiled and occasionally glared at each other over the instruments. They were so sweet. For five years Keith has been working on a new auditorium trying to get it done without going into debt. Well, he finally dedicated it just this last Easter Sunday. Very happy for he and his folks.
Was Keith related to Carl McIntire, the famous Fundamentalist Presbyterian & Radio broadcaster?

Walt said:
About the only "famous" church I've visited is North Valley Baptist Church in CA (Jack Trieber, pastor).

I love to visit there when i'm in northern CA, except the services are about 40 mins longer than i'm used too.

Arnold Baptist Tabernacle
Arnold/St. Louis, MO

First Baptist Church
Rosemont, MN

North Park Baptist Church
Grand Rapids, MI

Faith Baptist Church
Wildomar, CA

Visited a few times in the early 90's,

Did anyone get a chance to visit in the Tent years?

patriotic said:
Evergreen Bible Baptist Church
Kalkaska, MI

Almost 30 years ago while RA's SIL was pastor there.

I was there for a week in 1989. My sister taught at the school for a year.

sword said:
Was Keith related to Carl McIntire, the famous Fundamentalist Presbyterian & Radio broadcaster?

No. His father is an IFB pastor.

Tom Brennan said:
sword said:

OK, Thanks    I just noticed the last name.

Web said:
Tom Brennan said:
sword said:
Carl wasn't an IFB?  Or maybe I'm thinking of the prison ministry dude.... Carl Hatch?
Carl Hatch was a IFB evangelist & very close friends with Jack Hyles & HAC.

Carl Curtis McIntire, Jr. (May 17, 1906 ? March 19, 2002), known as Carl McIntire, was a founder and minister in the Bible Presbyterian Church, founder and long-time president of the International Council of Christian Churches and the American Council of Christian Churches, and a popular religious radio broadcaster, who proudly identified himself as a fundamentalist

Confession time:

A couple years ago when Teri and Anita came to NC to see my mom, we went with my brother and his wife (my wife as well) to Elevation Church.

They give away the most comfortable T-shirts to visitors...

sword said:
Carl Curtis McIntire, Jr. (May 17, 1906 ? March 19, 2002), known as Carl McIntire, was a founder and minister in the Bible Presbyterian Church, founder and long-time president of the International Council of Christian Churches and the American Council of Christian Churches, and a popular religious radio broadcaster, who proudly identified himself as a fundamentalist

As the Presbyterian denomination died a liberal death in the 1920s two men led orthodox, separatist movements out of the ruins and formed new Presbyterian denominations. McIntire was one. J. Gresham Machen was the other.

Smellin Coffee said:
switcher said:
Dyer Baptist Church
Dyer, Indiana

The church in which my wife and I were married. :)

Yes, I was there! I attended church there for a little, after leaving that small one in CP. Cant remember the name of that one, though.