Where have you visited churches?

Maplewood Bible Baptist Church.
Last October.

A certain resident poster was loafing, and I had to buy his book un-autographed.

earnestly contend

prophet said:
Last October.

A certain resident poster was loafing, and I had to buy his book un-autographed.

earnestly contend

I went there about 35 years ago. 
I was in the cradle roll department, but I remember it so vividly. ;)

prophet said:
Last October.

earnestly contend

So how often have you growled at me while reading it?

:D

Tom Brennan said:
prophet said:
Last October.

earnestly contend

So how often have you growled at me while reading it?

:D
Only once.

earnestly contend

JrChurch said:
I'm not "one of you,"  but the I'll post the only HAC church I have visited was Bethel Baptist in Spanaway, WA.  I won't list the 100 or so other churches we've visited.

Funny Story: That Bethel Baptist church in Spanaway is located just a couple of blocks from my parents' house. While visiting my family one day, I asked my mom about the church because my husband and I were interested in attending a Sunday service (we don't live in Washington). My mom told me she knew a couple of women who attended the church and they were very nice. I thought that sounded promising until my mom added she had asked the ladies about the church and what they believed.  Both women exclaimed, "We believe women shouldn't wear pants." That was it: no doctrine, no Bible, no spirituality. They simply "believe" women shouldn't wear pants.

Needless to say, we never did visit that church...

Cinnamon Street Baptist Church
Jacksonville, FL

Fellowship Baptist Church
Waterloo, WI

Knoxville Baptist Tabernacle
Knoxville, TN

Shawnee Baptist Church
Louisville, KY

Liberty Baptist Church
Pigeon Forge, TN

Northwest Bible Baptist/ Providence Baptist College

Elgin, Illinois (interesting church- lots of energy)

Wealthy Street Baptist Church (later Wealthy Park)
Grand Rapids, MI

North Valley Baptist Church/ Golden State Baptist College in California

(My husband and I went there for a marriage seminar. The "dress code" required that I wear pantyhose. I was not happy).

Valley Baptist Church -Keizer, Oregon

This was a cute and friendly church- I think it has been relocated.

redhead said:

(My husband and I went there for a marriage seminar. The "dress code" required that I wear pantyhose. I was not happy).

What would they do if you didn'the wear them?
Give you demerits?
Charge you double?

I'mean really trying to figure this one out. 

patriotic said:
redhead said:

Give you demerits?
Charge you double?

I supposed they would have politely asked me to leave the seminar. Or perhaps my pastor would have been given a lecture. In any case, I didn't want to "offend" anyone or start an argument. The paperwork we were given said to wear pantyhose, so I went and bought a very un-sexy pair that made me itch.

redhead said:
patriotic said:
redhead said:

Give you demerits?
Charge you double?

I supposed they would have politely asked me to leave the seminar. Or perhaps my pastor would have been given a lecture. In any case, I didn't want to "offend" anyone or start an argument. The paperwork we were given said to wear pantyhose, so I went and bought a very un-sexy pair that made me itch.

I wear pantyhose nearly every day from September through May, but I cannot fathom why guests should be required to wear them. 

Trying to think back a few decades to churches we have visited:
Lighthouse Baptist Church, San Diego area

Redwood Baptist, Redwood City, CA

Greater Portland Baptist, Portland OR

Open Door Baptist, Lynnwood, WA

Bible Baptist, Oak Harbor, WA

Evergreen Baptist, Bellingham WA

Capital City Baptist, Victoria BC