You might be an IFB If…

if you believe preaching endlessly to condemn the lesser sins of others.... justifies the
extremes and excesses of your own..... then you just might be a democrat.... ..

...... 😲....oops..... sorry.... wrong thread.... ..😬

...is there such a thing as a fundy-crat?...... ..demo-mentalist?.... or is hypocrisy all the same no matter where you find it?..... :unsure:

Last edited:
If you preach both:

Women wearing pants blurs the distinction between the sexes.​

and

Women wearing pants show off too much of their shape.​

YJMBAIFB.
Snarky, witty, funny. But the sad truth is that your funny example is a tremendous insight and dissection of the logical inconsistencies that goes into an overly legalistic approach to making application of the scriptures combined with a forced and preconceived hermeneutical exegesis.

if you believe preaching endlessly to condemn the lesser sins of others.... justifies the
extremes and excesses of your own..... then you might just be a democrat.... ..

...... 😲....oops..... sorry.... wrong thread.... ..😬

...is there such a thing as a fundy-crat?...... ..demo-mentalist?.... or is hypocrisy all the same no matter where you find it?..... :unsure:
Actually, your satire here is applicable to legalistic Christianity that is sometimes inherent in some IFB groups. Straining at gnats but swallowing camels is not all that uncommon. Yelling about hem lines and length of haircuts all the while allowing perversion and abuse in leadership is the height of hypocrisy.

...if you think that omitting the word "Baptist" in the name of your church makes you a compromiser....

YJMBAIFB

...if you think that omitting the word "Baptist" in the name of your church makes you a compromiser....

YJMBAIFB
Or if you think omitting the word ‘Baptist’ from the name of your church is a sneaky way of making it more appealing to the masses you might be a hip relevant young skull full of mush pastor.😊

Or if you think omitting the word ‘Baptist’ from the name of your church is a sneaky way of making it more appealing to the masses you might be a hip relevant young skull full of mush pastor.😊
LOL, don't squirrel yourself here bro, this ain't that "you just might be a free bird thread if" thread!

😁

...if you think 1950s American culture is THE primary basis for appropriation, development, and application of sermon content...

YJMBAIFB

... if you call it the KJB instead of the KJV.
In some of the other sites I post on, there are some Ruckmanites who call it the KJV instead
of the KJV...they don't believe it's a translation. ;)

... if you have ever used Hebrews 10:25 to justify never missing a single church service...

YJMBAIFB

if your favorite candy in the world has always been M&Ms.... but you have decided to quote
2nd corinthians 6-17... and never touch them again, due their recent "woke" make-overs.....

you just might be an IFB..... ..

(or... you could have just been a diabetic with a weak constitution..... and have decided this will be your excuse
to finally give up that unhealthy snack and score points with fundy-sherpas out there at the same time...... ;) )

Last edited:
...if you know who Patch the Pirate or Veggie Tales is....

YJMBAIFB

...if you believe door-to-door soulwinning is the only way to do evangelism right...

YMJBAIFB

<a hat tip and nod to illinoisguy for inspiration here> ;)

...if you believe your administrative and teaching staff should be paid a "pittance"..... to keep them hungry.....

YJMBAIFB

...if asked whether you catechised your children you either say "huh, what the...?" or you shout "WE AIN'T STINKING CATHOLIC!"....

YJMBAIFB

<a hat tip and nod to illinoisguy for inspiration here> ;)

...if you believe your administrative and teaching staff should be paid a "pittance"..... to keep them hungry.....

YJMBAIFB
You know my former church had a case go to the supreme court in their fight to pay female teachers less than males. I think their rationale was that it would be insulting for a male teacher to have his wife making as much or more than him.

You know my former church had a case go to the supreme court in their fight to pay female teachers less than males. I think their rationale was that it would be insulting for a male teacher to have his wife making as much or more than him.
Supreme Court of West Virginia or SCOTUS?

That is literally too hard for me to believe that they made that kind of argument, literally too hard to believe, but I have heard a lot of stuff about Christians and IFBs that falls into that category. Any links to the court case?

Supreme Court of West Virginia or SCOTUS?

That is literally too hard for me to believe that they made that kind of argument, literally too hard to believe, but I have heard a lot of stuff about Christians and IFBs that falls into that category. Any links to the court case?
I'm not sure now. There is a Dole vs. Shenadoah Baptist Church that I had always thought was the case again Shenadoah Bible Baptist ( they added Bible in at some point), however I just read the case and the school's name was Roanoke Valley which I'm sure was never the name of the school with Shenadoah Bible Baptist. However, there is a trailer park next to the church that I remember the pastor talking about they had to sell the land off when they were fighting the court case through the courts back in the 80s. Maybe they were fighting their case in the courts when the other Shenadoah went to supreme court and settled the issue for other ministries?
I think the legal argument was separation of church and state.