A Name From the Past...

Iron Will

Ebeneezer

The G Man, my favorite pentecostal to haunt these walls, and Ransom's too 😆.

Hope Mark is still kicking and serving the Lord.

I was looking for some of the old posts the other day that had interactions between Ransom and G Man. I couldn't find them. Guess my last "clean up" on my computer got rid of them. UGH!

Hey, I saw some posts from Marty Braemer the other day. He's on my friends list on FB! He's doing well.

I was looking for some of the old posts the other day that had interactions between Ransom and G Man. I couldn't find them. Guess my last "clean up" on my computer got rid of them. UGH!

Hey, I saw some posts from Marty Braemer the other day. He's on my friends list on FB! He's doing well.

I thought PMB added some very interesting spice to the old FFF, but after, well, you know, errrrm, that's all I'm gonna say bout that. :cool:

I thought PMB added some very interesting spice to the old FFF, but after, well, you know, errrrm, that's all I'm gonna say bout that. :cool:
We are NONE perfect, especially those of us in the ministry. ;)

Love the G Man but I really don't think he has the right temperament for the FFF. He always got wound a little too tight.

PMB was an interesting character who often brought an interesting perspective amidst some of his kookiness (like preaching on the roof of his Church). I was sympathetic when he fell into sin and admired his transparency but I disagree with how he "Restored Himself" and took another Church.

He was one of the "Killer B's" (Baptist, Braymer, and Brennan) of the IFBx coalition right?

I was sympathetic when he fell into sin
When Bray-more's affair was exposed, he was in the midst of crowing about another FFF pastor who had just confessed to his own affair and resigned. He gets zero sympathy from me.

He obviously believes himself entitled to a pulpit and went to great lengths to manipulate himself back into one. This only compounds his wickedness.

PMB was an interesting character who often brought an interesting perspective amidst some of his kookiness (like preaching on the roof of his Church). I was sympathetic when he fell into sin and admired his transparency but I disagree with how he "Restored Himself" and took another Church.

He was one of the "Killer B's" (Baptist, Braymer, and Brennan) of the IFBx coalition right?

They often get lumped together due to their (then) fairly common allegiance, education, and alliterative last name, but I wouldn't go so far as to include Tom in that motley crue ;)

Your statement implies that most other people on the FFF were indeed of the right temperament and otherwise fit and sane??? ;)
He'd often blow a gasket and self-destruct. It wasn't pretty when it happened. Like I say, I like the guy but the FFF was not a good place for him IMO.

He'd often blow a gasket and self-destruct. It wasn't pretty when it happened. Like I say, I like the guy but the FFF was not a good place for him IMO.

I vividly remember the meltdown(s) and felt genuinely sorry for the dude, and you are probably right in that assessment of "being wound too tight", but I just took his (over) emotional outbursts as an outwardly measurable flawed aspect of an overly caring heart.

Baptist Renegade:
Tom Brennan was much more likeable.

More "pastoral" of the three ministers, more reflective of the dignity of the office they all 3 represented.

I vividly remember the meltdown(s) and felt genuinely sorry for the dude, and you are probably right in that assessment of "being wound too tight", but I just took his (over) emotional outbursts as an outwardly measurable flawed aspect of an overly caring heart.
Yes, I was careful with my words. "G" is a good man and was always glad to see him come around and you are probably right about his big heart and "caring too much!" The opposite end of the extreme were those who didn't care at all. Those who were level-headed were able to strike a balance between the two or at least realize it was not about "Them."
More "pastoral" of the three ministers, more reflective of the dignity of the office they all 3 represented.
That is a good assessment of Bro. Tom. You may disagree with him but you could not help but respect him.

Billy (Grooms)

Another freebird former fundy who brought tons of spunk to the forum. He loved giving me a hard time about my rigid authoritarianism (often calling me “Chief”) and I his leniency. Would have loved to meetup with him.

Miss you “deputy” Billy😉😊

When Bray-more's affair was exposed, he was in the midst of crowing about another FFF pastor who had just confessed to his own affair and resigned. He gets zero sympathy from me.

He obviously believes himself entitled to a pulpit and went to great lengths to manipulate himself back into one. This only compounds his wickedness.
He did win the "Braying Ass" post of the day several times! LOL