A Name From the Past...

Top, me and that dude went round and round frequently. I'm sure that was because I was a bit more militant and in-your-face then than I should have been. As I recall, he had been exposed to a Hyles-style fundamentalism and was finding newfound freedoms (a "freebird") in his exodus from that system of belief, right?
Well, I was quite militant and "FREEEEEEEEEE!" as well! :cool: I was very much IN YOUR FACE towards anyone "IFBx!" Thomas Cassidy came across as quite balanced and it was a blessing knowing him!

Well, I was quite militant and "FREEEEEEEEEE!" as well! :cool: I was very much IN YOUR FACE towards anyone "IFBx!" Thomas Cassidy came across as quite balanced and it was a blessing knowing him!
He was always sound and reasonable with me as well. I can tell you this, though...in the last few months of his life, his mental state seemed to deteriorate and he said "I don't know you," though he did, and he broke off all communication. I realized that he was ill and didn't think anything about it, but was worried that he had done this with others as well, which was confirmed by those others he and I both knew.

Cass was okay by me, until he crossed over to the dark side (Suthren Babtissst, AND Calvinut) 😁

j/k

Last edited:
I remember you, from Louisiana if I recall correctly? Good to see you again! How ya been?

Yes, from Lousyana...

I have been bad, sinful, confused, wandering, unfriendly, boastful in myself, and a mess of other sins...but in all, very wretched.

Thankfully, I always awaken to a new day of God's wonderful forgiveness, mercies, and graces. God has, and will always be good to me.

I'm sure that in my return (maybe, not sure if I will) that I will not find the same place as when I left. I know that some of those I interacted with before have fallen away from the Faith, discounted a certain Apostle (thereby, discounting most of the inspired Word of God in the New Testament Scriptures), and a whole slew of other things that are disheartening.

Anyway, good to see you guys n gals!

Yes, from Lousyana...

I have been bad, sinful, confused, wandering, unfriendly, boastful in myself, and a mess of other sins...but in all, very wretched.

Thankfully, I always awaken to a new day of God's wonderful forgiveness, mercies, and graces. God has, and will always be good to me.

I'm sure that in my return (maybe, not sure if I will) that I will not find the same place as when I left. I know that some of those I interacted with before have fallen away from the Faith, discounted a certain Apostle (thereby, discounting most of the inspired Word of God in the New Testament Scriptures), and a whole slew of other things that are disheartening.

Is this you? 1674745990530.jpeg

Phil Robertson! You can’t be from Louisiana if you don’t know the patriarch of the Duck Dynasty
That's like saying everyone who lives in Italy should personally know the Pope! LOL

Yes, from Lousyana...

Since we’re talking memorable names and bayou folk, didn’t you also know the fantastic poster known as SouthernLouisianaGirl?

I miss the glory days of it all. Good stuff.

There was a fellow on the old FFF who was a Primitive Baptist that lived near Cinci that went by “Pierre”. He was the kindest Calvinist apologist I ever knew throughout all the iterations of the forums and we actually met for a round of golf. Anybody else remember Pierre?

There was a fellow on the old FFF who was a Primitive Baptist that lived near Cinci that went by “Pierre”. He was the kindest Calvinist apologist I ever knew throughout all the iterations of the forums and we actually met for a round of golf. Anybody else remember Pierre?
I do. At one time he thought I was a lost man because I was talking of leaving the Baptists altogether and not even going to church. He had a consistent testimony in Christ, and I appreciated his concern.

I do. At one time he thought I was a lost man because I was talking of leaving the Baptists altogether and not even going to church. He had a consistent testimony in Christ, and I appreciated his concern.

Really gracious dude. As we golfed he talked of how he constantly was aware of how God had blessed him (he was fairly well-to-do as a result of his father's industrious entrepeneurial dealings) and conversely he almost felt guilty for why so many others didn't get such blessings.

The poster known as anchor was a good dude, very Biblically knowledgeable, and I had the opportunity to meet him for a round of golf while I vacationed in the Carolinas.

Mathew Ward— one of those guys back in the day that went by his real name rather than a pseudonym because he desired to conduct himself with integrity and accountability. In a FFF time of unrestrained mudslinging Matt always kept his interactions civil, respectful, and on point. I had the pleasure of meeting him while on vacation in Florida. Really good dude.