A Place To Chronicle The Lies Of UGC

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Matthew 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mark 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Repentance is translated from 1 of 3 Greek words each time it is used in the NT.

The 1st means to "change your mind",
The 2nd means "to regret",
The 3rd means "irrevocable".

Every time it is used in reference to eternal salvation, it is the 1st meaning (metanoia / metanoeo),

which means to change your mind, not to turn from sin. You have to read it in context and see what they're changing they're mind about.

God talks about himself repenting in the OT. Is God turning from his sins? God has no sin.

No wonder you behave like a devil: you're not saved. You reject the Gospel of Grace and think you have to "repent of your sins"!

from a guy who believes there are multiple gospels.
You'd have to be Biblically illiterate to think there's only 1 gospel in the Bible: the Mystery of the Gospel of Grace was not revealed in clarity until Paul, therefore the Gospel of the Kingdom understood before it cannot possibly be the same.

While the 12 Apostles were already preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom, the Bible clearly states they did not know the Gospel of the Grace of God, therefore how can they be the same Gospel?

Use your brain.

And this works salvationist *cough* Catholic *cough* over here actually quoted Acts 26:20! (I'm sure he can now see that the rest of his verses say nothing about turning from sin):

Acts 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Is your brain on, tmjbog? (We all know it usually isn't, despite you having a normal working brain) Ok. Ready?
Ask yourself: does your interpretation of Acts 26:20 in any way contradict these 7 passages? Because if it does, you know you have a serious problem, as these are talking about Salvation too:

1. "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;" -Titus 3:5
2. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." -Eph. 2:8-9
3. "And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work." -Rom. 11:6
4. "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." -Gal. 2:16
5. "I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain." -Gal. 2:21
6. "For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness." -Rom. 4:2-5
7. "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God," -Heb 6:1

Now I'll leave you to figure out if your interpretation that cancels out ALL 7 of those passages (there are many more, but 7 should be enough for now) in favor of your private interpretation of that 1 verse is right, or if you have it backwards and that 1 verse is obviously and clearly not saying you have to work for your salvation.

You'd have to be Biblically illiterate to think there's only 1 gospel in the Bible: the Mystery of the Gospel of Grace was not revealed in clarity until Paul, therefore the Gospel of the Kingdom understood before it cannot possibly be the same.

The Gospel involves repentance and remission of sins (Luke 24)... You don't find these in the OT?

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." Galatians 1.8

The Gospel involves repentance and remission of sins (Luke 24)
1. Meaning "preach to change your mind and the remission of sins". Do you know how sins are remitted? By the blood of Christ. Not by you turning from them. That denies the blood payment.

"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." -Matt. 26:28

2. You receive the remission of your sins by believing, not by turning from your sins:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins." -Acts 10:13

3. Notice how you missed the verse that came before yours:

Luke 24:46 before 47
"And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance [change your mind] and remission of sins [received by changing your mind TOWARD believing in Christ] should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."

Of course Paul is the first one to clarify that the way the Gospel should be preached is that Christ suffered for our sins, as a payment for them, even though this could potentially have been obvious to Peter, he didn't preach that until after Acts 15 at the very soonest.

That's why it says in Acts that Peter would suddenly remember things Christ said, like that they would be baptized with the Holy Ghost and NOT with water, and then he would start preaching it that way:

Acts 11:16
"Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost."

So we see here that not only was Peter not clarifying to everyone that Christ died to pay for their sins yet in early Acts, but that he was still preaching water baptism for a while. Paul was first the person who clarified all of the details, the package deal revealed to him by "Revelation of the Mystery", of the Gospel of the Grace of God.

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." Galatians 1.8
Yeah, that's written TO the Church the Body of Christ IN the Church Age, and it's talking about the Gospel of the Grace of God.

Therefore DURING the Church Age, any other gospel is accursed.

Meaning if you are preaching "endure to the end to be saved" (Perseverance of the Saints: Calvinism) from the Gospel of the Kingdom, which was put on hold and is obviously not the same message NOR was it revealed at the same time as the Gospel of the Grace of God, you are accursed.

All I do is quote a simple, clear passage on what the gospel is and we get a twisted, convoluted post trying to deny repentance (including the fruit of repentance) and remission of sins.

The 12 understood and were already preaching "the Gospel of the Kingdom" WHILE THEY DIDN'T KNOW THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD, therefore how can they be preaching a Gospel they don't even know:

"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles [Gospel of Kingdom: Jews only], and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand."

"And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues [Jews, not Gentiles], and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people."

Yet while they were preaching this Gospel, the 12 didn't know the Gospel of the Grace of God, so how can they be the same Gospel:
"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again [there's the Gospel of the Grace of God, at least part of it: the "for your sins" part is clarified later by Paul]. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken."

There goes your Biblically illiterate "1 gospel in the entire Bible" theory. When you see Paul, he is writing TO the Body of Christ IN the Church Age saying no other Gospel should be preached RIGHT NOW.

Otherwise you're saying Paul is concluding the Gospel of the Kingdom was accursed while Jesus and the 12 were preaching it.

Repentance is translated from 1 of 3 Greek words each time it is used in the NT.

The 1st means to "change your mind",
The 2nd means "to regret",
The 3rd means "irrevocable".

Every time it is used in reference to eternal salvation, it is the 1st meaning (metanoia / metanoeo),

which means to change your mind, not to turn from sin. You have to read it in context and see what they're changing they're mind about.

God talks about himself repenting in the OT. Is God turning from his sins? God has no sin.

No wonder you behave like a devil: you're not saved. You reject the Gospel of Grace and think you have to "repent of your sins"!

While the 12 Apostles were already preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom, the Bible clearly states they did not know the Gospel of the Grace of God, therefore how can they be the same Gospel?

Use your brain.
So if we use the change of mind definition, why did Jesus not come to call those who believed themselves to be righteous to repentance? The righteous and the sinners have the same ability to change their mind in every area except one. Only those who recognize they are sinners can repent of their former sinful lifestyle.
Luke 5:32
I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.

Luke 5:32
I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.
Yes, precisely. Meaning you have to recognize you are a sinner to recognize your need for Christ's payment.

If you are trying to turn from your sins to get into heaven, you think you have to be righteous.

"For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God." -Rom 10:3

All I do is quote a simple, clear passage
And you twisted it to high heaven. Nowhere in the passage you quoted does it say to turn from your sins OR repent of your sins. Nowhere.

All I do is quote a simple, clear passage on what the gospel is and we get a twisted, convoluted post trying to deny repentance (including the fruit of repentance) and remission of sins.
Wait...no that part isn't for this age.
Umm....that part is put on hold
Eh...that's all for the Jews

I'm sure glad UGC isn't right or it would be difficult to figure out what parts of the Bible one had to pay attention to.

Do you remember the parable from Luke 18?

"And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous [meaning they were trying to turn from, abstain from, or live righteously apart from sin to get into heaven], and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican [translation: "God, I'm turning from my sins. I'm abstaining from them. I'm bearing fruits."]. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess [More boasting in his turning from sin]. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner [nothing about him turning from sin to get into heaven, he's recognizing he is condemned in sin and cannot save himself no matter how hard he tries to turn from them, he's recognizing only God can save him, his effort in turning from, abstaining from, living apart from sin, FALLS SHORT, and he knows this. He recognizes only God can save him, he can NEVER be righteous enough on his own. THAT is repentance]. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other"

Yes, precisely. Meaning you have to recognize you are a sinner to recognize your need for Christ's payment.

If you are trying to turn from your sins to get into heaven, you think you have to be righteous.

"For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God." -Rom 10:3

And you twisted it to high heaven. Nowhere in the passage you quoted does it say to turn from your sins OR repent of your sins. Nowhere.
If you realize you are a sinner and you are coming before a perfect God recognizing your condition and changing your mind to recognize your sinful ways as evil-would it not be normal to regret those evil ways and desire to desist from the evil activities?

If you realize you are a sinner and you are coming before a perfect God recognizing your condition and changing your mind to recognize your sinful ways as evil-would it not be normal to regret those evil ways and desire to desist from the evil activities?
You don't get it, that's not the point of Salvation.

You can never be good enough. Ever. That's the point. You can't impress God by "cleaning up your act", regardless of how sorry you are you're a sinner.

Feeling sorry or wanting to live better still doesn't take care of your sin, only the blood of Christ can.

Wait...no that part isn't for this age.
Actually the part about believing in Christ for the remission of sins is applied to ALL ages AFTER the cross, but keep in mind that the Great Commission is a package that includes teaching all of the things Christ taught them (which includes Matt. 24) much of which was preparing the Jews to endure through the Great Tribulation to enter into their Physical Kingdom (not the Spiritual Kingdom of God within you).

During the Great Tribulation, the Great Commission will obviously include the fact that Christ died and rose again (for their sins too, now that Paul later clarified that), however because their sanctification is progressive and not positional, it is not the same as the Gospel of the Grace of God revealed in full clarity to Paul, because they must endure to the end to be saved (Heb. 10:39). The Church is not enduring to the end to be saved, we are saved the moment we believe. Those are not the same, neither are they occurring during the same event.

Do you remember the parable from Luke 18?

"And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous [meaning they were trying to turn from, abstaining from, or live righteously apart from sin to get into heaven], and despised others: Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican [translation: "God, I'm turning from my sins. I'm abstaining from them. I'm bearing fruits."]. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess [More boasting in his turning from sin]. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner [nothing about him turning from sin to get into heaven, he's recognizing he is condemned in sin and cannot save himself no matter how hard he tries to turn from them, he's recognizing only God can save him, his effort in turning from, abstaining from, living apart from sin, FALLS SHORT, and he knows this. He recognizes only God can save him, he can NEVER be righteous enough on his own. THAT is repentance]. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other"
The publican showed his remorse for his sin in his actions. Why did he stand afar off? Why would he not look to Heaven? He recognized his sinful disposition. I'm not saying that you have to enumerate every sin. At times it may be a short simple prayer such as the publican's. However if nothing changes with his life after the prayer and he continues in his sin unbothered by it (as the pharisee seemed to be) it would be fair to question whether their was truly repentance.

How do people miss the 2nd half of this:

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

We see here that not only does the Great Commission include the commands for the Jews enduring into the Great Tribulation to be saved at the end, which is contrasted with the Mystery Gospel for the Body of Christ which clarifies we are saved immediately on the spot, but also that aspects of it were applied during the early transition from Israel to the Gentile Nations, where Paul was healing people. However later we see that Paul could no longer freely heal people, and had to leave saints who got sick behind. Transition away from signs & wonders (Jews require a sign) to Gentiles (walk by faith, not by sight).

If you understand the Church Age is a Mystery valley, a parenthesis, everything makes sense. If you don't, you will forever contradict yourself, as will your doctrine. You will forever be stuck preferring one verse literally yet using it to cancel or twist other verses. You will forever be in defiance to God, who told you to rightly divide, not rightly combine, the word of truth.

The publican showed his remorse for his sin in his actions.
Godly sorrow can LEAD to repentance (2 Cor. 7:10), but it is not the repentance itself unto Salvation.

Keep in mind also that 2 Cor. 7:10 is talking about an already saved saint being saved from CHASTENING (perhaps chastening unto physical death), not eternal salvation (you'd know this if you read the Corinthians). That is the context.

It is not saying there is a magically unknown scale by which none of us can know for certain whether we were sorry enough before we repented.

Otherwise, we could not know for certain we are saved: 1 John 5:13-14, neither would all verses on eternal salvation leave out the necessity for sorrow.