Advice to Republicans

Just Ben

Elect
Reaction score
What would you like to see the Republicans do now that they have control of the Senate and the House of Representatives?

Some of what they promised to their constituents?

Earnestly Contend.

Pass term limits.

Hahahahahahahaahahahaha

No.  Really.

rsc2a said:
Pass term limits.

Hahahahahahahaahahahaha

No.  Really.

Term limits have screwed Michigan up like nothing else. The law of unintended consequences made a hash of our state politics and government.

Just Ben said:
What would you like to see the Republicans do now that they have control of the Senate and the House of Representatives?

Accurately represent the will of their people regardless of their party's agendas.

I would say the same for the Dems that won their seats as well.

Just Ben said:

I would advise them to do exactly what yesterday's election mandated them to do:
Stop Obama and the liberal Democrat agenda!

Just Ben said:

Pass a law that the president cannot step foot on a golf course for the next two years, and that his wife must eat the same food portions she is telling public schools to eat.

Increase Bush's Child Tax Credit for working parents.
Federal "school choice" subsidies for parents who homeschool and private school.
Line up conservative judges to replace the liberal retirees, and postpone any Obama replacement until after the next election.
Declare Islam and sharia law to be enemies of the state.
Pass laws that  the Department of Education must immediately stop multicultural courses and begin courses on American patriotism.
Remove the current Ebola Czar and replace him with a pro-lifer
Invite Netanyahu to America and give him a medal for standing up to militant Islam basically alone.
Increase the military budget and strengthen our forces in the Pacific.
Neutralize the pro-homosexual marriages with laws that make them too expensive to practice.

I would like to see them decrease the size and scope of the federal government. But that's why I vote Libertarian rather than Republican when I can.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Just Ben said:

I would advise them to do exactly what yesterday's election mandated them to do:

Rush agrees, so it must be right!  :)
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/11/05/the_mandate_republicans_were_elected_to_stop_barack_obama_not_to_work_with_him

Ahh! Pastor Limbaugh, great leader if the great white middle class! Savior of the 'Murican way!!

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Just Ben said:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/11/05/the_mandate_republicans_were_elected_to_stop_barack_obama_not_to_work_with_him

Ahh! Pastor Limbaugh, great leader if the great white middle class! Savior of the 'Murican way!!

Just like Fox News, he'll never catch on.....

Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Just Ben said:

Rush lives in the same country that made Pee Wee Herman a star!  :p

Smellin Coffee said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Just Ben said:

Rush lives in the same country that made Pee Wee Herman a star!  :p

True, but they also threw him in jail! :eek:

Advice to Republicans: worry more about governing than about the next election.

Aww. Who am I kidding?

rsc2a said:

Aww. Who am I kidding?

Unfortunately we have gotten to the place that worrying about the next election is all any politician does...we need statesmen!

rsc2a said:

Aww. Who am I kidding?

Using your logic, Obama and the Democrats did the country no real harm, they were just schmoozing for the next election.

Did you vote?

Do you know what logic means? And yes.

The Republican should continue to do what they have been doing for the past 6 years----giving Obama whatever he wants.  ;)

Just bend over and take another one for Team Obama.  ;)  ;)

Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
Do you know what logic means? And yes.

Yes and why (did you vote)?

Well, my statement didn't have anything to do with Obama or the Dems, so the "logic" you provided made absolutely no sense.

And why? 

-I didn't vote for governor for calculated reasons, and I knew my guy (R) would win. 
-I didn't vote for senator because the incumbent is not great but not awful and the other candidates were about the same as far as I knew.  Fairly uninformed about that race and philosophically opposed to uninformed people voting.  Better if they don't and consistency. ;)
- I voted for the incumbent for house (D) even though I don't want him because he is reasonably moderate,  the other major party candidate was horrid, and the only other candidate was running on a  "animals are people too" platform. 
- I voted as I saw fit for all the amendments, and they were the primary reason I was voting this year.

FTR: I voted third party for president the last major election.