Advice to Republicans

Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Just Ben said:
What would you like to see the Republicans do now that they have control of the Senate and the House of Representatives?

I would advise them to do exactly what yesterday's election mandated them to do:
Stop Obama and the liberal Democrat agenda!

Rush agrees, so it must be right!  :)
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/11/05/the_mandate_republicans_were_elected_to_stop_barack_obama_not_to_work_with_him

Ahh! Pastor Limbaugh, great leader if the great white middle class! Savior of the 'Murican way!!

Just like Fox News, he'll never catch on.....

So did the person you voted for win? Will then, your life be better? Will gays in your county be forced back into the closet? Women back into the home? "Illegals" back to their country? ObamaCare repealed?
Is life that much better now? I hope so, you've been real crabby leading up to the election!

rsc2a said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
Do you know what logic means? And yes.

Yes and why (did you vote)?

Well, my statement didn't have anything to do with Obama or the Dems, so the "logic" you provided made absolutely no sense.

And why? 

-I didn't vote for governor for calculated reasons, and I knew my guy (R) would win. 
-I didn't vote for senator because the incumbent is not great but not awful and the other candidates were about the same as far as I knew.  Fairly uninformed about that race and philosophically opposed to uninformed people voting.  Better if they don't and consistency. ;)
- I voted for the incumbent for house (D) even though I don't want him because he is reasonably moderate,  the other major party candidate was horrid, and the only other candidate was running on a  "animals are people too" platform. 
- I voted as I saw fit for all the amendments, and they were the primary reason I was voting this year.

FTR: I voted third party for president the last major election.

You stated that the Repubs were going to simply prepare for the next election.
Obama and the Dems, like the Republicans were elected.
So, Obama and the Dems also just worked toward the next election...if I apply your statement to Obama and the Dems.
Unless, of course, you think Obama and the Dems were more sincere in their efforts than the Republicans.

My point is that no matter what you think or believe about politicians...politicians govern.
Government greatly affects our lives.
So, I make it a point to be informed about politicians...what they believe and how they say they will govern.
And, I attempt to hold them accountable.

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Just Ben said:
What would you like to see the Republicans do now that they have control of the Senate and the House of Representatives?

I would advise them to do exactly what yesterday's election mandated them to do:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/11/05/the_mandate_republicans_were_elected_to_stop_barack_obama_not_to_work_with_him

Ahh! Pastor Limbaugh, great leader if the great white middle class! Savior of the 'Murican way!!

So did the person you voted for win? Will then, your life be better? Will gays in your county be forced back into the closet? Women back into the home? "Illegals" back to their country? ObamaCare repealed?
Is life that much better now? I hope so, you've been real crabby leading up to the election!

None of the people I voted for ran on those positions.
Ransom was right about you...

[quote author=Tarheel Baptist]... Obama and the Dems also just worked toward the next election...if I apply your statement to Obama and the Dems.[/quote]

I see you are starting to catch on.  Now if you'd only start seeing both major parties as siblings instead of one as America's Last Great Hope.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Just Ben said:

None of the people I voted for ran on those positions.
Ransom was right about you...

Wow, you hurt my feelings!

;)

rsc2a said:
[quote author=Tarheel Baptist]... Obama and the Dems also just worked toward the next election...if I apply your statement to Obama and the Dems.

I see you are starting to catch on.  Now if you'd only start seeing both major parties as siblings instead of one as America's Last Great Hope.
[/quote]

No, not starting anything at this point in my life.  :)
I do not look to politics as an arm of my relationship to Christ or to enhance my spiritual welfare.

Politics does eventually influence the quality of my life (and that of my children and grandchildren) because politicians will govern.
Any political system is flawed by it's very (human) nature...but it is what it is....

Hence, my statement:
My point is that no matter what you think or believe about politicians...politicians govern.
So, I make it a point to be informed about politicians...what they believe and how they say they will govern.

Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
[quote author=Tarheel Baptist]... Obama and the Dems also just worked toward the next election...if I apply your statement to Obama and the Dems.

I do not look to politics as an arm of my relationship to Christ or to enhance my spiritual welfare.

Politics does eventually influence the quality of my life (and that of my children and grandchildren) because politicians will govern.
Any political system is flawed by it's very (human) nature...but it is what it is....

Hence, my statement:
[/quote]

The heart of the king is in the hand if The Lord.....

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

Hence, my statement:

[/quote]

[quote author=Tarheel Baptist]So, I make it a point to be informed about politicians...what they believe and how they say they will govern.
And, I attempt to hold them accountable.[/quote]

How often do you party line vote?

Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

Hence, my statement:

[/quote]
Apparently you don't beleive it, or you wouldn't be trying to take back 'Murica

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

Hence, my statement:

[/quote]

So, anyone who seeks to vote intelligently is not trusting in God?
I'm a Calvinist, not a fatalist.

Did I mention that Ransom really pegged you?

Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:

Hence, my statement:

So, anyone who seeks to vote intelligently is not trusting in God?
I'm a Calvinist, not a fatalist.

Did I mention that Ransom really pegged you?
[/quote]
Nope, people just doing what God ordained them to do. :)
And if I cared what people thought of me, I'd still be in the IFB :(

Advice to Republicans:  Change your party name to Democrat

Advice to Democrats:  Change your party name to Communist

Ok, now both are more accurate. 

The Rogue Tomato said:

advice to limbaughs white middle class rushpublicans:...
keep following rushdaddy duck.... who knows where he is going......
i doubt even he does........ but it;s entertaining to watch the parade........  ;)

Rush Limbaugh is a pompous windbag.  :mad:

Boy I feel so much better now.  :)

aleshanee said:
The Rogue Tomato said:

advice to limbaughs white middle class rushpublicans:...
keep following rushdaddy duck.... who knows where he is going......
i doubt even he does........ but it;s entertaining to watch the parade........  ;)

I listen to him as often as I can.

subllibrm said:
Rush Limbaugh is a pompous windbag.  :mad:

Boy I feel so much better now.  :)

I listen to him as often as I can....he's entertaining and almost always right.
No pun intended.  :)

Political lemmings who accuse others of being uninformed...

rsc2a said:
Political lemmings who accuse others of being uninformed...

Condescending Freebirds who don't seem to be any better informed.