After only a year in office...

LongGone said:
Actually Trump has managed to be the FIRST President to have a government shutdown when his party was in control of both the house and the senate.

An utterly useless political statistic. So naturally the Democrats are touting it as though it means something.

qwerty said:
LongGone said:
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/19/16911148/government-shutdown-unified-control

The article from Vox clearly states "The government shutdown this weekend is the first true, honest-to-God shutdown has happened with a single party controlling the White House and Congress. It's true that Jimmy Carter and Democrats in Congress butted heads five times in 1977, 1978, and 1979, and couldn't get their act together to fund government (Carter was a bad president!) But that was before Carter's attorney general issued guidance saying that when a funding gap like that exists, government functions must shut down.

This may be hard for an Alt-Right Fascist Conservative to understand but if nothing shuts down it is not a shutdown ;)

I see. So now you pivot from "So based on your article there was not a shutdown under Carter" to but....but...but...but....this other article says it was not a shutdown.

While I appreciate you doing your Bill Clinton impersonation, Stevie Wonder could see what you were trying to prove when you came on here with your verbal diarrhea proclaiming, "Actually Trump has managed to be the FIRST President to have a government shutdown when his party was in control of both the house and the senate" when it is not the case. 

Somehow, despite the Government being "shutdown", Obama and his cronies were able to employ government  employees to barricade off national parks and monuments and prevent citizens and visitors from entering.  For being a "shutdown", liberals still seem to get their stupidity financed.  I find it funny that the phones were answered at the IRS and SBA on Monday... guess employees under a Republican administration see the hazard of classifying themselves at "non-essential".

So what flavor is it today?  I am thinking Sharkleberry Fin

Here is the quote from your article. "Government shutdowns are familiar to most Americans, but they?re a relatively recent development. They are the result of the Congressional Budget Act of 1974. Since then, Congress has failed to authorize funding for the federal government on 18 separate occasions. The first six of those didn?t actually affect the functioning of government at all. It wasn?t until a set of opinions issued by Attorney General Benjamin Civiletti in 1980 and ?81 that the government started treating ?funding gaps?? periods when Congress has failed to allocate funds for the ongoing functions of government ? as necessitating the full or partial shutdown of government agencies."

I do think you are the one struggling with reading comprehension. It is not that hard to grasp that if nothing shuts down it is not a shutdown.

I will admit that I am still surprised that you keep pushing this argument. If I supported Trump I would not keep comparing him to the least effective President that I can remember.

You really seem to know a lot about Kool Aid. You spell it correctly and know all the flavors. Have much of the Alt Right Fascist Kool Aid do you drink?

Ransom said:
LongGone said:
Actually Trump has managed to be the FIRST President to have a government shutdown when his party was in control of both the house and the senate.

An utterly useless political statistic. So naturally the Democrats are touting it as though it means something.

It is funny you consider it useless when Trump sold himself as the ultimate deal maker can't make a deal when his party has the control.

LongGone said:
It is funny you consider it useless when Trump sold himself as the ultimate deal maker can't make a deal when his party has the control.

"Trump said it, therefore it must be true or monumentally important" is not an ethic I live my life by, thanks. I leave that to the Democrats reading his Twitter feed.

LongGone said:

He got it done and made the Dems look pathetic.

LongGone said:
Here is the quote from your article. "Government shutdowns are familiar to most Americans, but they?re a relatively recent development. They are the result of the Congressional Budget Act of 1974. Since then, Congress has failed to authorize funding for the federal government on 18 separate occasions. The first six of those didn?t actually affect the functioning of government at all. It wasn?t until a set of opinions issued by Attorney General Benjamin Civiletti in 1980 and ?81 that the government started treating ?funding gaps?? periods when Congress has failed to allocate funds for the ongoing functions of government ? as necessitating the full or partial shutdown of government agencies."

I do think you are the one struggling with reading comprehension. It is not that hard to grasp that if nothing shuts down it is not a shutdown.

Even the liberal trash-heap, Vox, referred to Carter's shutdowns as "shutdowns"....five times.  Those stupid, mouth-breathers are smart enough to know that it was the same thing.

qwerty] Somehow said:
If I supported Trump I would not keep comparing him to the least effective President that I can remember.
[/quote]

At least you acknowledge that Obama was the least effective President you can remember.

LongGone said:
You really seem to know a lot about Kool Aid. You spell it correctly and know all the flavors. Have much of the Alt Right Fascist Kool Aid do you drink?

I know all the flavors because I used to be a liberal.  I just don't get the schedule anymore.

The last government shutdown was in 2013 and everyone knows the Republicans took the heat for that one. The following year (2014) the Republicans gained 9 senate seats and 13 house seats.  It was the biggest landslide in many many years.

The Republican base is happy the Republicans stood up on this issue and if that means a government shutdown so be it. The Dems. blinked because they knew this will hurt them. Most Republican voters expect additional funding for border security and the wall plus reforms to immigration policy before we make a move on DACA.

Ransom said:
LongGone said:

"Trump said it, therefore it must be true or monumentally important" is not an ethic I live my life by, thanks. I leave that to the Democrats reading his Twitter feed.

Nobody claimed you lived by the ethic "Trump said it, therefore it must be true or monumentally important". Just a deflection from the point that the man who sold himself as the ultimate deal maker can't make a deal when his party has control.

FSSL said:
LongGone said:

He got it done and made the Dems look pathetic.

It is done for three weeks. I would wait on the parade.

qwerty said:
LongGone said:

Even the liberal trash-heap, Vox, referred to Carter's shutdowns as "shutdowns"....five times.  Those stupid, mouth-breathers are smart enough to know that it was the same thing.

qwerty] Somehow said:
If I supported Trump I would not keep comparing him to the least effective President that I can remember.

At least you acknowledge that Obama was the least effective President you can remember.

LongGone said:

I know all the flavors because I used to be a liberal.  I just don't get the schedule anymore.
[/quote]

Vox also explained why they were not shutdowns in both articles. You can't have a shutdown if nothing shuts down. That is not that hard to understand.

Now you are just acting stupid. You are the one who compared Trump to Carter.

You have moved from being a liberal to posting tweets from an alt-right conspiracy theorist. Your mental prowess is deteriorating at an alarming rate :) 

sword said:
The last government shutdown was in 2013 and everyone knows the Republicans took the heat for that one. The following year (2014) the Republicans gained 9 senate seats and 13 house seats.  It was the biggest landslide in many many years.

The Republican base is happy the Republicans stood up on this issue and if that means a government shutdown so be it. The Dems. blinked because they knew this will hurt them. Most Republican voters expect additional funding for border security and the wall plus reforms to immigration policy before we make a move on DACA.

Please check your facts. You are correct that the Democrats lose 9 senate seats and 13 house seats in 2014. In 2010 the Democrats lose 9 senate seats and 63 house seats.

The Morning Consult poll said that among voters who say they strongly approve of Trump's job performance, 60% think these immigrants should be allowed to stay.

LongGone said:
The Morning Consult poll said that among voters who say they strongly approve of Trump's job performance, 60% think these immigrants should be allowed to stay.

So, guessing they are using a better algorithm now since they had Hilary winning the election.

LongGone said:
qwerty said:
LongGone said:

qwerty] Somehow said:

LongGone said:

Vox also explained why they were not shutdowns in both articles. You can't have a shutdown if nothing shuts down. That is not that hard to understand.

You have moved from being a liberal to posting tweets from an alt-right conspiracy theorist. Your mental prowess is deteriorating at an alarming rate :)
[/quote]

They use the word five times to describe the shutdowns but they really meant something else.... Gotcha 

Oh yeah....

6a99a3e588b5510f47d8c2f017c50b05.jpg

LongGone said:
sword said:

Please check your facts. You are correct that the Democrats lose 9 senate seats and 13 house seats in 2014. In 2010 the Democrats lose 9 senate seats and 63 house seats.

Thank you for the correction. I intended to say they had back to back landslide victories. Because we were talking about the 2013 shutdown I intended to make the point the shutdown did not hurt the Republicans in the next election.

LongGone said:
sword said:

I am an ultra-conservative and I think the "dreamers" should be given a path to citizenship. They were brought here as children (minors) and had very little say in the decision. Though some are in their 30's now they were minors when they came. Like most ultra conservative I think the situation that allowed them to come and then stay in this country without a visa must change. Under Reagan 3 million illegal immigrants were given amnesty. Because we did not strengthen our borders or enforce our immigration and visa policies we have another 12 to 20 million illegals (3.6 million dreamers) here now. Before we deal with the dreamers we must stop the flow of illegals to the United States and start enforcing out Visa policy.

No wall no DACA bill.
No immigration reform, no DACA.
No end to chain migration, no DACA.
No increased spending on ICE enforcement, no DACA.
No increased border security, no DACA.

I'm for a solution that prevents us from having to deal with this again in 20 years. Send a clear message to the world, if you come here illegally or over stay your visa we will arrest you, throw you in jail or deport you.

LongGone said:
Nobody claimed you lived by the ethic "Trump said it, therefore it must be true or monumentally important".

Of course not. You merely said that I should hold a certain opinion because of something Trump said.

You frequently retreat into a very literal interpretation of other's posts when you get caught being wrong. It's a bad habit.

Dreamers, now adults, have shown no interest in assimilating into US citizenship.

Liberals like Dreamers... and defend even the most nefarious ones.

Example: Dr in Michigan, sexual abuser, pedophile, defended by liberals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSSL said:
Dreamers, now adults, have shown no interest in assimilating into US citizenship.

Liberals like Dreamers... and defend even the most nefarious ones.

Example: Dr in Michigan, sexual abuser, pedophile, defended by liberals

Do you even hear how racist this is???

We are assuming that they wouldn't want to go to the land of their heritage.
I would think that the safe assumption would be that they would love to see their ancestral Homeland, relatives, etc., and return when the paperwork goes through.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Good point. They grew up knowing the risks, having a long, extended opportunity to become citizens, go to our colleges and just assume that the political quagmire over the last few decades would be their help.

qwerty said:
LongGone said:
qwerty said:
LongGone said:

qwerty] Somehow said:

LongGone said:

They use the word five times to describe the shutdowns but they really meant something else.... Gotcha 

Oh yeah....

6a99a3e588b5510f47d8c2f017c50b05.jpg

[/quote]

They could have used the word shutdown 10,000 times and it doesn't change the fact that if the government doesn't shutdown then there is not a shutdown. The narrative in both articles are clear that there wasn't a shutdown until after Carter. 

With the conclusions you are coming up with it would appear that you are drinking something a little stronger than Kool-Aid.