After only a year in office...

qwerty said:
LongGone said:
The Morning Consult poll said that among voters who say they strongly approve of Trump's job performance, 60% think these immigrants should be allowed to stay.

So, guessing they are using a better algorithm now since they had Hilary winning the election.

Are you that saying that because polls were wrong on a close election that we should totally disregard polls and that you would never use a poll to understand how people feel about a particular issue?  Or do you just disregard polls that don't agree with you. By the way you misspelled Hillary.

Ransom said:
LongGone said:
Nobody claimed you lived by the ethic "Trump said it, therefore it must be true or monumentally important".

Of course not. You merely said that I should hold a certain opinion because of something Trump said.

You frequently retreat into a very literal interpretation of other's posts when you get caught being wrong. It's a bad habit.

I never said you should hold a certain opinion of something Trump said. I said that I did not agree with an opinion statement you made because of something that  Trump said.

I am going to assume that you are referring to the posts about the shutdown. Words do mean something and they should be taken literally unless it is clear that it was not intended to be taken literally. Actually responding to what people are literally saying is a good habit.  If I put out a fact that is errant I should be corrected. Show me where I have been caught being wrong. This would not include where you disagree with me...that is just opinion.

FSSL said:
Good point. They grew up knowing the risks, having a long, extended opportunity to become citizens, go to our colleges and just assume that the political quagmire over the last few decades would be their help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the majority of Dreamers could not apply for a green card and could not become citizens. Why would you have an issue with people that were brought here as children, work and contribute to society and obey the laws?

LongGone said:
Actually the majority of Dreamers could not apply for a green card and could not become citizens. Why would you have an issue with people that were brought here as children, work and contribute to society and obey the laws?

Offer them an opportunity to gain citizenship. That will involve them learning our language, history, culture and assimilating into our core values. Holding up a Mexican flag in protest hardly demonstrates their desires to be citizens.

However, we are witnessing liberals DEFENDING Dreamer pedophiles and sexual abusers.

So, the Democrats really don't have a good strategy. They are just upset that a Republican is in office. Do you think Democrats would clap and cheer if this was Trump's doing?

Archives11201_r1.tif.jpeg

LongGone said:
I never said you should hold a certain opinion of something Trump said.

I see you're only denying using my particular phrase, which - like the statistic about Trump being the first president to shut down the government while his party was in control of both houses of Congress - does not prove anything.

FSSL said:
LongGone said:

Offer them an opportunity to gain citizenship. That will involve them learning our language, history, culture and assimilating into our core values. Holding up a Mexican flag in protest hardly demonstrates their desires to be citizens.

However, we are witnessing liberals DEFENDING Dreamer pedophiles and sexual abusers.

So, the Democrats really don't have a good strategy. They are just upset that a Republican is in office. Do you think Democrats would clap and cheer if this was Trump's doing?

Archives11201_r1.tif.jpeg

Dreamers came here as children. They know English since they went to US schools. They follow our laws, work and pay taxes. Since they came here as children American culture is what they know. Holding a Mexican flag may just indicate they were born in Mexico. You can really read a lot into something.

Please fill me in on liberals defending Dreamer pedophiles and sexual abusers. One of the requirements for Dreamers is that they don't have a criminal record.

Having a good strategy is harder when you are the minority party. Rarely do Republicans clap for Democrats or Democrats clap for Republicans. I will also add that I think a good number of Republicans do not see the fairness of the DACA program ending. As a party the Republicans are willing to use these folks to get other funding they want related to immigration.

What was the point of the picture?

Ransom said:
LongGone said:
Actually Trump has managed to be the FIRST President to have a government shutdown when his party was in control of both the house and the senate.

An utterly useless political statistic. So naturally the Democrats are touting it as though it means something.

This is what it looks like to me.

I stated a fact.

You stated an opinion that that it was a useless statistic.

I stated an opinion along with a Trump Quote (fact) of why I disagreed with your opinion.

You told me what ethic you do not live by.

I let you know that I was not telling you what ethic to live by.

I never really thought that me stating my opinion and disagreeing with your opinion was the same as me telling you what you opinion should be. 

I think you maybe taking these conversations too literally...been told that is a bad habit :)

FSSL said:
LongGone said:
What was the point of the picture?

Well... if it is that difficult, then...

If I was trying to convince someone that Dreamers should be deported I would not show pictures of ICE agents breaking into homes and terrifying children.  But that is just me.

That?s the way Democrats do it. But you know that.

FSSL said:
That?s the way Democrats do it. But you know that.

Who does not use pictures to make their point? I hardly think that is a partisan issue.

Th point was obvious.

The picture IS the "Democrat Immigration Policy."
Obama's approach was not much different.

Obama created a false label "Dreamers". It was a political label that gave families false hope/security. It did not give families legal permanency.

Democrats cannot be trusted with immigration.

FSSL said:
Th point was obvious.

The picture IS the "Democrat Immigration Policy."
Obama's approach was not much different.

Obama created a false label "Dreamers". It was a political label that gave families false hope/security. It did not give families legal permanency.

Democrats cannot be trusted with immigration.

Maybe....but if I was an immigrant I would trust the Democrats before the Republicans.  If you are for the Dreamers being deported chances are you are Republican.

I must be thick but I don't see how the picture is anymore the Democrats policy than it is the Republicans. In the Trump administration we are proudly deporting more people.

The deportation of Elian Gonzalez was handled by Bill Clinton's Administration, Janet Reno... a Democrat.

Democrats have a nasty history of dealing with foreigners and even US-born  citizens and people of color.

KKK, Trail of Tears, Japanese Internment Camps, Civil Rights fiasco, Vietnam War fiasco, Waco...

You cannot trust a Democrat with equality and justice issues. It is only political gamesmanship with the Democrat. Always has been and continues to be.

FSSL said:
The deportation of Elian Gonzalez was handled by Bill Clinton's Administration, Janet Reno... a Democrat.

Democrats have a nasty history of dealing with foreigners and even US-born  citizens and people of color.

KKK, Trail of Tears, Japanese Internment Camps, Civil Rights fiasco, Vietnam War fiasco, Waco...

You cannot trust a Democrat with equality and justice issues. It is only political gamesmanship with the Democrat. Always has been and continues to be.

The most recent event you listed was 25 years ago and one was two centuries ago.

In today's world the KKK is very comfortable in the Republican party.

Trump appears to be the ultimate gamer this time around. Although the vast majority of Americans are against the deportation of the Dreamers he is using these people to get other immigration issues he cares about. What ever happen to Mexico was paying for the wall?

LongGone said:
The most recent event you listed was 25 years ago and one was two centuries ago.

Yes. I could have added the BLMs attack on the Bundy Family, but all I did was establish how it has been one party responsible for all of this for the past 200 years!!

Nice try. Republicans distance themselves and the Dems embrace them!

4df0d0519aa66ee99fc86a990a79692e.jpg

FSSL said:
LongGone said:

Yes. I could have added the BLMs attack on the Bundy Family, but all I did was establish how it has been one party responsible for all of this for the past 200 years!!

Nice try. Republicans distance themselves and the Dems embrace them!

4df0d0519aa66ee99fc86a990a79692e.jpg

And yet white supremacists tend to feel comfortable in the Republican Party and minorities and immigrants feel comfortable in the Democratic Party.

https://youtu.be/ryweuBVJMEA

The Democrats feel very comfortable with white supremacists.