Awake America

Binaca Chugger said:
Walt said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Walt said:
wtyson said:
You guys are pretty pathetic. You can't find a position on a decade plus org chart you found on the internet as if it is the end of all truth so you slander Chuck Harding and  attempt to undermine a ministry that is making a difference for Christ on Capitol Hill. Honestly, I am not surprised by the conduct of the anonymous piranhas on the forum. The work of Christ seems to matter little rather a continual feeding on innuendo and mean spiritedness seems to be the MO on here. We are commanded to treat people in love, preferring one another. If you believe Chuck has done wrong than pick up the phone and talk to him about it instead of this nonsense. That's the Biblical model...if that really matters.

I cannot speak for others, but I am simply trying to follow the Biblical model of testing the spirits, according to I John 4.  If the man is going around telling lies about his history, he should not be in the ministry.

I don't see much a difference about what is coming out of Capitol Hill, so I question whether he is, in fact, "making a difference".

Furthermore, have you actually read anything posted here?  "Bianca Chugger" DID, in fact, talk with him, face to face, if I'm remembering the posts correctly.

Both my sister & I don't like being lied to; she sent me his message, and he certainly made himself important.  I cannot go to him with questions until I have some facts to go on.

Isn't his history of inappropriate behavior that is being alleged here more important than his history as Deputy Commander?

If it could be proved, possibly.  Should he continued to be haunted by a sin that he has put behind him?  Would we like to be so treated?  (I know I wouldn't).  If he is still covering it up, that is another thing, or if he still continues in his inappropriate behavior, that is something else.

His story of being Deputy Director is much easier to check, especially if he agency has never had such a position.

NO.

Certain sins eliminate you from certain positions.  If one repents, he might be able to find a place of membership, and maybe even instruction, but may not hold other positions.  See 1 Timothy.

I don't understand a church using missions money to support a lobbyist.  This practice is not supported anywhere in Scripture.  This alone should be enough to stop the practice - What Scripture teaches about how a church should use money.

I Timothy discusses pastor and deacons, not other positions.  As you are probably aware, many pastors that get caught in sexual sins often resign the pulpit and go into evangelism - the general consensus has been that the temptation is far less as an evangelist.

I believe my sister's church supports Mr Harding as an evangelist, not as a lobbyist.

Just me said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Personally, I don't care if the guy ever held his boasted title or not.  I recall a miraculous story of God giving him a job because of his management skill and connections, not because of his former work in a certain field.  Look, MOST people in the DC area are employed somehow by the government.  I would guess that each of them could toss out a title that sounds impressive but is not on an org chart.  I personally have had God open doors for me to give me positions of employment in which I had never worked, but the employer wanted a manager, not a worker.  I was hired for my skill set, not my familiarity with the product.  So, maybe he had a similar story.

I originally thought that his hole pitch didn't really make much sense.  Hearing that he had been fired for misconduct and challenging JAV and dreamed up a way to bleed churches while getting his ego stroked sounded about right.  In my mind, I knew he was off when he started discovering unknown history where the Baptists were actually the reason for the American Revolution.  Besides, a church has no business supporting a political lobbyist.

Milking churches for money for political reason (and personal gains), decieving churches about his past employment and life, getting a little extra activity on the side from a college girl he is there to protect while traveling around the country representing OBC and God, what does it matter? It is out of our circle and he is reaching Washigton for Jesus!!

Aint that the type of guy you want your money and your church to support?

Certainly not; the problem is the proof.  I cannot go up to a church that barely knows me and start putting down a missionary that they support... they'd just call be "bitter" and show me the door.

Walt said:
Certainly not; the problem is the proof.  I cannot go up to a church that barely knows me and start putting down a missionary that they support... they'd just call be "bitter" and show me the door.

I know that my friend.  It was totally sarcasm.

Walt said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Walt said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Walt said:
wtyson said:
You guys are pretty pathetic. You can't find a position on a decade plus org chart you found on the internet as if it is the end of all truth so you slander Chuck Harding and  attempt to undermine a ministry that is making a difference for Christ on Capitol Hill. Honestly, I am not surprised by the conduct of the anonymous piranhas on the forum. The work of Christ seems to matter little rather a continual feeding on innuendo and mean spiritedness seems to be the MO on here. We are commanded to treat people in love, preferring one another. If you believe Chuck has done wrong than pick up the phone and talk to him about it instead of this nonsense. That's the Biblical model...if that really matters.

I cannot speak for others, but I am simply trying to follow the Biblical model of testing the spirits, according to I John 4.  If the man is going around telling lies about his history, he should not be in the ministry.

I don't see much a difference about what is coming out of Capitol Hill, so I question whether he is, in fact, "making a difference".

Furthermore, have you actually read anything posted here?  "Bianca Chugger" DID, in fact, talk with him, face to face, if I'm remembering the posts correctly.

Both my sister & I don't like being lied to; she sent me his message, and he certainly made himself important.  I cannot go to him with questions until I have some facts to go on.

Isn't his history of inappropriate behavior that is being alleged here more important than his history as Deputy Commander?

If it could be proved, possibly.  Should he continued to be haunted by a sin that he has put behind him?  Would we like to be so treated?  (I know I wouldn't).  If he is still covering it up, that is another thing, or if he still continues in his inappropriate behavior, that is something else.

His story of being Deputy Director is much easier to check, especially if he agency has never had such a position.

NO.

Certain sins eliminate you from certain positions.  If one repents, he might be able to find a place of membership, and maybe even instruction, but may not hold other positions.  See 1 Timothy.

I don't understand a church using missions money to support a lobbyist.  This practice is not supported anywhere in Scripture.  This alone should be enough to stop the practice - What Scripture teaches about how a church should use money.

I Timothy discusses pastor and deacons, not other positions.  As you are probably aware, many pastors that get caught in sexual sins often resign the pulpit and go into evangelism - the general consensus has been that the temptation is far less as an evangelist.

I believe my sister's church supports Mr Harding as an evangelist, not as a lobbyist.

What is the purpose of an evangelist?  Encourage the pastor?  Teach the people?  Fill a pulpit?  Nothing but soulwinning?  If he is preaching, admonishing people or teaching the pastor, should he not still have the same qualifications of a deacon?

Less temptation as an evangelist?  Traveling the country in motels always away from your wife?  sure.

If you are expecting him to do anything but lobby and promote his lobby group to churches, you got another thing coming.  He is not evangelizing.  He is teaching his version of American history, rallying people for his lobby group and promoting political involvement.

Binaca Chugger said:
What is the purpose of an evangelist?  Encourage the pastor?  Teach the people?  Fill a pulpit?  Nothing but soulwinning?  If he is preaching, admonishing people or teaching the pastor, should he not still have the same qualifications of a deacon?

Given the name, I expect an modern evangelist to come to town and preach the good news, exalting Jesus Christ, and particularly urging people to trust Him.

Normally, his contact with local people is brief, so I'm not sure that deacon qualifications need apply.

Less temptation as an evangelist?  Traveling the country in motels always away from your wife?  sure.

While I was typing, this came to mind.  There are a different set of temptations, I suppose.  I was thinking of the churches where the pastor is exalted sky-high, and the young ladies (and men) growing up are taught to follow him in all things.  It is so easy for an immoral man to seduce women in this context; not quite as easy for an evangelist who just comes into town, preaches from his set list of messages, and then leaves.

If you are expecting him to do anything but lobby and promote his lobby group to churches, you got another think coming.  He is not evangelizing.  He is teaching his version of American history, rallying people for his lobby group and promoting political involvement.

I was writing in general, not about Mr Harding in particular, that it seems to be pretty common for men who have committed adultery and been caught to leave the pastorate and go into "evangelism".

I think Christians should be involved politically (at least as far as voting intelligently).  And many people do not know much about American history; naturally, he will teach his point of view.

I primarily object to his lying about his background.  That is verifiable.  The improper behavior with young ladies is more serious, but far harder to prove.

Walt said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Given the name, I expect an modern evangelist to come to town and preach the good news, exalting Jesus Christ, and particularly urging people to trust Him.

Normally, his contact with local people is brief, so I'm not sure that deacon qualifications need apply.

While I was typing, this came to mind.  There are a different set of temptations, I suppose.  I was thinking of the churches where the pastor is exalted sky-high, and the young ladies (and men) growing up are taught to follow him in all things.  It is so easy for an immoral man to seduce women in this context; not quite as easy for an evangelist who just comes into town, preaches from his set list of messages, and then leaves.

If you are expecting him to do anything but lobby and promote his lobby group to churches, you got another think coming.  He is not evangelizing.  He is teaching his version of American history, rallying people for his lobby group and promoting political involvement.

I was writing in general, not about Mr Harding in particular, that it seems to be pretty common for men who have committed adultery and been caught to leave the pastorate and go into "evangelism".

I think Christians should be involved politically (at least as far as voting intelligently).  And many people do not know much about American history; naturally, he will teach his point of view.

I primarily object to his lying about his background.  That is verifiable.  The improper behavior with young ladies is more serious, but far harder to prove.
Wow.  I dont want to bother coming to a revival meeting or hear an evangelist at that church.

He still has not corrected the deceptive information on the Awake America home page.

Come on Mr. Harding you can do it!!!

Oh and here is the link in case you forgot:  http://awakeamericaonline.org/

Just me said:
He still has not corrected the deceptive information on the Awake America home page.

Has his partner, Mike Creed, been questioned about Harding's deception?  Unfortunately, straightening out the lies is a lot more work than simply changing the information on the website.  It's a start, but there are dozens of videos online and biographies on church websites that need to be changed as well.  It appears that Mr. Harding has dug himself a huge hole.  One he may not be able to get out of.

Just me said:

Why would he change it?  Because a few people here doubt it is true?  I'm not saying he did or didn't hold any position.  But, seriously, whatever his past, he has made a new career for himself by taking money as an evangelist and using it to lobby in DC.  No One would expect him to change all of that and throw away his new career just because there is an unverifiable accusation from an anonymous source on the internet.  If it is a lie, He isn't going to change it just because you asked.  If it is an exaggeration of his position, he has already justified it in his mind and won't change because you asked.  If it is true, well, then he shouldn't change it.

Binaca Chugger said:
Just me said:

Why would he change it?  Because a few people here doubt it is true?  I'm not saying he did or didn't hold any position.  But, seriously, whatever his past, he has made a new career for himself by taking money as an evangelist and using it to lobby in DC.  No One would expect him to change all of that and throw away his new career just because there is an unverifiable accusation from an anonymous source on the internet.  If it is a lie, He isn't going to change it just because you asked.  If it is an exaggeration of his position, he has already justified it in his mind and won't change because you asked.  If it is true, well, then he shouldn't change it.

Hmmm, why would a preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ traveling all over the country care about the truth?

Why would a man traveling all over the country, with the goal of getting Christians everywhere to Awake to the truth of the deceptions that is all things Washington, care about truth?

You are correct, he gets his money, why care about the truth?

Just me said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Just me said:

Hmmm, why would a preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ traveling all over the country care about the truth?

Why would a man traveling all over the country, with the goal of getting Christians everywhere to Awake to the truth of the deceptions that is all things Washington, care about truth?

You are correct, he gets his money, why care about the truth?

Exactly.  The goal is not promoting people to turn to Christ.

I am a fan of the Dilbert comics.  In those strips, is a character named Wally.  Wally makes a living by taking on projects that have no achievable, measurable goals and require an undefinable amount of funding to accomplish.  Wally sips coffee, puts every question about his project back on the one asking, talks shop, but does no work.

People like CH are Wally.  Proclaim a goal that sounds wonderful.  Collect money, we always need more!  When peopel ask about results, well, they need to pray harder and be more involved and, you know - sin is prevalent in this field.  Talk shop, do nothing and enjoy your retirement.  Wally: ]http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2014-07-10/.]

Binaca Chugger said:
Exactly.  The goal is not promoting people to turn to Christ.

I am a fan of the Dilbert comics.  In those strips, is a character named Wally.  Wally makes a living by taking on projects that have no achievable, measurable goals and require an undefinable amount of funding to accomplish.  Wally sips coffee, puts every question about his project back on the one asking, talks shop, but does no work.

People like CH are Wally.  Proclaim a goal that sounds wonderful.  Collect money, we always need more!  When peopel ask about results, well, they need to pray harder and be more involved and, you know - sin is prevalent in this field.  Talk shop, do nothing and enjoy your retirement.  Wally:    http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2014-07-10/

;)  right on the money

Binaca Chugger said:
People like CH are Wally.  Proclaim a goal that sounds wonderful.  Collect money, we always need more!  When people ask about results, well, they need to pray harder and be more involved and, you know - sin is prevalent in this field.  Talk shop, do nothing and enjoy your retirement.  Wally:

To be fair, CH is not Wally.  Wally's never been caught doing any work, and CH does organize rallies, and speak in churches.  He is doing something.

Whether he is achieving anything is a separate issue, but he is working.

Walt said:
Binaca Chugger said:
People like CH are Wally.  Proclaim a goal that sounds wonderful.  Collect money, we always need more!  When people ask about results, well, they need to pray harder and be more involved and, you know - sin is prevalent in this field.  Talk shop, do nothing and enjoy your retirement.  Wally:

To be fair, CH is not Wally.  Wally's never been caught doing any work, and CH does organize rallies, and speak in churches.  He is doing something.

Whether he is achieving anything is a separate issue, but he is working.

Point taken. 

There is some work that goes on.  I personally would not wanty church using missions funds to support such work,  but that is me.  Others have different opinions.

Walt said:
Some probably see his work as a missionary to America.

My sister doesn't want her & her husband's money going to support a man who is lying about his background.  If my church supported him, I wouldn't want that either.

Well he makes it very clear in his videos that he is an "Independent Baptist, Amen".  So that is a limiting factor if he is honest and will not go to the Sotuhern Baptist or elsewhere. 

Oops!! I said if he is honest..... nevermind!!! 

In my opinion here is part of what Harding should put in his Bio on the home page or the Who we Are page of Awake America:

Dr. Chuck Harding grew up in the Washington, D.C. area. God gave him the unique privilege as a Mall Cop for the security company contracted by the Diplomatic Security Service at the State Department to guard entry gates at various events.

But that just does not command as much authority as a lie

Just me said:
In my opinion here is part of what Harding should put in his Bio on the home page or the Who we Are page of Awake America:

Dr. Chuck Harding grew up in the Washington, D.C. area. God gave him the unique privilege as a Mall Cop for the security company contracted by the Diplomatic Security Service at the State Department to guard entry gates at various events.

But that just does not command as much authority as a lie

He probably worked for the DSS at the State Department as a Director of Hazardous Waste Control, (toliet bowel cleaner) we all know he is full of it and now we know where he got his supply. :p