Beverly Hyles Passed

Twisted said:
WESLEY said:
.... and had many other women than JS

And you know this how?
JS and crew, from back in the "Purdue Ministry" days, had a rep for being playboys.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

RAIDER said:
Jo said:
I thought Mrs. Hyles was a lovely and gracious woman.

It would make me very happy if I could believe that her husband was faithful to her.  In my opinion, there are too many people, including their daughter, who have nothing to gain by telling their stories.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I watched their daughter's video a couple of year's ago.  We actually had a thread about it.  She told several obvious bold face lies.  She lost total credibility at that time.

Bold face lies according to who? You?

RAIDER said:
Jo said:

It would make me very happy if I could believe that her husband was faithful to her.  In my opinion, there are too many people, including their daughter, who have nothing to gain by telling their stories.

I watched their daughter's video a couple of year's ago.  We actually had a thread about it.  She told several obvious bold face lies.  She lost total credibility at that time.

I think that may be lies from your perspective. I watched the video, as well; however, I'll not continue on this topic. I find that most people hear what they want to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRealJonStewart said:
RAIDER said:
Jo said:

And me

qwerty said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
RAIDER said:
Jo said:

And me

Are they lies or embellishments such as preachers use while they are preaching?

Since there are several it should be no problem to name just three.

Lie 1.

Lie 2.

Lie 3.

Who is going to go first?

TheRealJonStewart said:
RAIDER said:
Jo said:

I'd be glad to go over them one at a time.

Looming largest, of course, is her perspective that the offerings went to her Dad, and not to deposit, overseen by deacons and a financial secretary...

prophet said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
RAIDER said:
Jo said:

Looming largest, of course, is her perspective that the offerings went to her Dad, and not to deposit, overseen by deacons and a financial secretary...

Her father was the founder of FBCH.....  ;D

qwerty said:
prophet said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
RAIDER said:
Jo said:

Yeah, that too...

qwerty said:
prophet said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
RAIDER said:
Jo said:

He certainly was the founder of the New IFB mode of FBCH.
This is more of an embellishment similar to what preachers do in the pulpit. She learned from the best.

qwerty said:
That her "father was a rich man".

This is certainly true and is how she had viewed him as his daughter. They always had plenty of money and the best of everything.

bgwilkinson said:
qwerty said:

This is certainly true.
Every day I generally come across one thing really stupid posted on the internet.... Today, it's you.

Are you Linda?

bgwilkinson said:
qwerty said:

This is certainly true and is how she had viewed him as his daughter. They always had plenty of money and the best of everything.

That the buildings belonged to her dad, and "he left them" to FBCH

WESLEY said:
bgwilkinson said:
qwerty said:

That her father had 50,000 tithing members :)

bgwilkinson said:
qwerty said:
prophet said:
TheRealJonStewart said:
RAIDER said:
Jo said:

He certainly was the founder of the New IFB mode of FBCH.
This is more of an embellishment similar to what preachers do in the pulpit. She learned from the best.
FBCH was the old church downtown long before Hyles was there. Keep trying....

WESLEY said:
bgwilkinson said:
qwerty said:

That is probably how it seemed to her. I will give you that as an untruth the church corporation owned all the buildings.

WESLEY said:
WESLEY said:
bgwilkinson said:
qwerty said:

That her father had 50,000 tithing members :)

The figure of over 100,000 members comes to mind. That was in the day we were counting everything and everybody as a member.

qwerty said:
bgwilkinson said:
qwerty said:

This is certainly true.
Every day I generally come across one thing really stupid posted on the internet.... Today, it's you.

Are you Linda?

ad hominem comes from a weak argument.