Beverly Hyles Passed

sawthruglassclearly said:
I assume that "cared for" refers to FBCH's offering her some benefit. "Public services" and "a series of, was it Wednesday night studies"? I have no idea what that actually means, or if she could take that to the bank. Given her situation in early 2001 and her age then, she must have had some concerns about her financial future. Being "well cared for" doesn't necessarily mean that she had enough money to take care of herself AND if there was money that was rightfully hers and it was suddenly spirited away by church leadership, then that would've been a travesty! I sincerely hope that she was well cared for, but what I REALLY hope, is that JH had a will and that he cared enough about her to spell out her care and comfort! It was my experience that when the church said that they would "take care of you", what that really meant was that they would barely sustain you, hold it over your head and dictate your actions and responsibilities. If you fell out of favor, then they pulled the "care" and you had no job, no house, no car, and no prospects! Again, a very frightening place to be!
You have a right to your opinion, but not to define the terms that I use, in my posts.

You assumed wrongly.

The series of lessons on finances were taught right  before JH died.
In those lessons, he detailed what he had done for Mrs. H, relieving the church of any burden to care for her.
Of course, we did anyway, as it is a policy to pay the widows of our pastors the salary their husband earned until they die.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

I've got a pastor friend who is going nuts learning that she was a member at Frist Baptist.

He's now claiming she was a member and teaching at the church where they had the funeral.

He is in denial.

prophet said:
I have to laugh at the notion that she wouldn't have gone back home.

Her whole family is still in that area of Texas...cousins, siblings, etc.

And, the only reason JH ever said anything negative about the SBC, is, they booted him.

Of course, she was a Southern Baptist.
She was raised in an SBC church, and all of the churches they ministered in, in TX, were SBC.

This isn't rocket science, really.

Not to mention RG Lee was head of the Southern Baptist Convention, Called Mr. Southern Baptist and He came to speak at FBC several times albeit after he had retired but he was still staunch Southern Baptist. If Bro Hyles had not been kicked out of the SBC I doubt he would have left of his own volition.  He probably would have been at the forefront of the fights of the conservative element in the 70's and 80's.  He seemed to always love a good scrap in those days.  It is no wonder Adrian Roger's broadcasts are played on the FBC radio station today.  There comes a time that people stop vilifying groups and start dealing with truth and the individuals who will stand and declare it regardless of secondary and tertiary separation.

Dr. Jeffress is a good and fine man preaching the gospel and morality to his church and this nation without apology.  She had a good pastor in him.

prophet said:
I assume that "cared for" refers to FBCH's offering her some benefit. "Public services" and "a series of, was it Wednesday night studies"? I have no idea what that actually means, or if she could take that to the bank. Given her situation in early 2001 and her age then, she must have had some concerns about her financial future. Being "well cared for" doesn't necessarily mean that she had enough money to take care of herself AND if there was money that was rightfully hers and it was suddenly spirited away by church leadership, then that would've been a travesty! I sincerely hope that she was well cared for, but what I REALLY hope, is that JH had a will and that he cared enough about her to spell out her care and comfort! It was my experience that when the church said that they would "take care of you", what that really meant was that they would barely sustain you, hold it over your head and dictate your actions and responsibilities. If you fell out of favor, then they pulled the "care" and you had no job, no house, no car, and no prospects! Again, a very frightening place to be!
You have a right to your opinion, but not to define the terms that I use, in my posts.

You assumed wrongly.

In those lessons, he detailed what he had done for Mrs. H, relieving the church of any burden to care for her.
Of course, we did anyway, as it is a policy to pay the widows of our pastors the salary their husband earned until they die.

It isn't a policy anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Twisted said:
I've got a pastor friend who is going nuts learning that she was a member at Frist Baptist.

He's now claiming she was a member and teaching at the church where they had the funeral.

He is in denial.

Here is a First Dallas screen shot before they take it down.

21273167_1838513079497292_6857559066770517035_o.jpg

Willis Athey said:
prophet said:

You assumed wrongly.

It isn't a policy anymore

That's nice, Boo boo...

bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:

He is in denial.

Pretty sure that is gonna be up for a bit. Sometimes half the SBC's website isn't even updated correctly.

bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:

He is in denial.

Thanks.  I've passed that on.  No doubt he will fall into convulsions.  LOL!

Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:

He is in denial.

Here is one that includes a Bible, do you see what the version is? I used this one from the '60 when it first came out until the KJV only stuff started to heat up, I stopped carrying it then. I still use it but I have switched to the ESV in the last few years. Her pastor Robert Jeffress preaches from the ESV.

I had never ever heard of the KJV only stuff before the early '80s, IMHO it is one of the very worst of Bro. Hyles ideas to unite IFBs. It has caused much division and derision, much heat with no light just darkness.

Here is the URL  This one probably says it all.
http://www.firstdallas.org/groups/mission-minded-department-beverly-hyles

21368655_1838629776152289_8575652287238891744_o.jpg

bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:
bgwilkinson said:
Twisted said:

He is in denial.

Here is one that includes a Bible, do you see what the version is? I used this one from the '60 when it first came out until the KJV only stuff started to heat up, I stopped carrying it then. I still use it but I have switched to the ESV in the last few years. Her pastor Robert Jeffress preaches from the ESV.

I had never ever heard of the KJV only stuff before the early '80s, IMHO it is one of the very worst of Bro. Hyles ideas to unite IFBs. It has caused much division and derision, much heat with no light just darkness.

Here is the URL  This one probably says it all.
http://www.firstdallas.org/groups/mission-minded-department-beverly-hyles

21368655_1838629776152289_8575652287238891744_o.jpg

I couldn't agree more. I believe Jack Frasure used this "cause" as a way to circle the wagons when he faked that "forgetting spell" in Greenville and knew BJU was turning on him. In hind site Im glad he did it since it further marginalized the fundies in his camp.

What "forgetting spell" are you referring to?

Norefund said:
What "forgetting spell" are you referring to?

Jack Frasure was supposed to go to Greenville and meet with the BJU board and answer some questions regarding the poop storm going on regarding Jennie. I believe he spoke at BJU chapel during that trip first and then faked a "spell" that included a trip to the infirmary or hospital. Some of the board came to see him anyway, but Jack was just too good of an actor--he was forgetting everything!  I've always thought my boy woulda made the best blankity-blank son of a blank actor the world had ever seen!

My belief is that he was looking for ways to separate from BJU and their stripe of fundamentalism. He knew he could use the Bible version issue as a rallying cry for this move. Made it look like he chose to separate from them, when in truth they had had enough of his antics.

I remember reading, in a thread here, that JH experienced a medical condition known as Transient Global Amnesia. You can look it up, but the title is fairly self-explanatory.

I remember reading, in a thread here, that JH experienced a medical condition known as Transient Global Amnesia. You can look it up, but the title is fairly self-explanatory.

I don't believe this was the case. Timing was way too convenient. He was faking it.

I didn't say it was real or fake! Only that I read that he had experienced it. All are hard-pressed to convince ME that ANYTHING about him was real! Too many lies over too long a time about too many things!

I didn't say it was real or fake! Only that I read that he had experienced it. All are hard-pressed to convince ME that ANYTHING about him was real! Too many lies over too long a time about too many things!

I gotcha, sawthru!  I hope you didn't think I was putting you in the category of "jack believer". I tend to believe that he lied much more often than he told the truth.

Walt said:
Phooey-dini said:
Bruh said:
I'm not a fan, believe me.

Here's the thing, at his funeral his wife got up and said, Jack Hyles was the best Christian she ever knew. She went on to say, everything that he taught continue doing those things.

Did Jack Hyles in any way shape or form outwardly cheat in his wife? I don't know. But this I know, his wife sure sang his praises behind the pulpit at his funeral. She didn't have to do that, she didn't have to getup and say what she said.

If he did cheat, I'm sure she never knew about it, to get up there and say what she said.

Are you completely disregarding the firsthand testimonies of both Nischik children??

Isn't it clear that Beverly had something to gain by perpetuating the image of her husband upon his death? I.e. that he had brainwashed even her to not badmouth the "greatest ministry" in history.

Maybe - but maybe it was just that she was of the old-school, where a woman supported her husband, no matter what.

This makes perfect sense to me. I can totally see this....