Conservativism Without Christianity

Tatterdemalion said:
subllibrm said:
Do we really think that God is going to answer our prayers for a wall?  I don't see how that would fit His agenda. :)

That's funny, neither of the provided prayer guides said anything about building a barrier on our national borders. Maybe you've got your walls confused?

Does everyone realize that there 400 - 600 miles of "wall" that currently exist?  I don't really see what the big deal is.  Congress years ago voted to fund a wall but no one built it.

Twisted said:
Tatterdemalion said:
subllibrm said:
Do we really think that God is going to answer our prayers for a wall?  I don't see how that would fit His agenda. :)

That's funny, neither of the provided prayer guides said anything about building a barrier on our national borders. Maybe you've got your walls confused?

Does everyone realize that there 400 - 600 miles of "wall" that currently exist?  I don't really see what the big deal is.  Congress years ago voted to fund a wall but no one built it.

The cost has been quoted from 12 billion dollars to 25 billion dollars. Both Marco Rubio and Jeb Bush have been quoted that over 40% of illegal immigrants have flown into the country. 

Tatterdemalion said:
subllibrm said:

The purpose of that post was to change the subject from prayer....which he brought up in the first place. But found out it didn't fit his paradigm.

FSSL said:
Thank God that there were enough Christians with enough sense to understand the importance of protecting our Republic from the inevitable, Hillary!

Many Christians would have hesitated to vote for Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Regan with the standards required today.

Now... to fight to get the constitutional Supreme Court Justice/s installed and build that wall!
You mean the Ronald Reagan that called for open borders?
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=pzLMGrFzb7E

Tatterdemalion said:
subllibrm said:

Reference to FSSL's earlier post.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Tatterdemalion said:
subllibrm said:

The purpose of that post was to change the subject from prayer....which he brought up in the first place. But found out it didn't fit his paradigm.

Wrong. It was a clear reference to the original post by FSSL stating we would get the SCOTUS fixed and the wall built. He then linked his prayer guide which clearly doesn't mention anything about a wall.

BTW the Republican have had numerous chance to "fix" the court and yet here we are. Some trust in chariots, some trust in SCOTUS appointments.  ;)

Recovering IFB said:
FSSL said:
Thank God that there were enough Christians with enough sense to understand the importance of protecting our Republic from the inevitable, Hillary!

Many Christians would have hesitated to vote for Abraham Lincoln and Ronald Regan with the standards required today.

Now... to fight to get the constitutional Supreme Court Justice/s installed and build that wall!
You mean the Ronald Reagan that called for open borders?
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=pzLMGrFzb7E

Reagan wasn't nearly as Reaganesque as folks remember him to be.

Making immigrants get work permits and creating a legal route is not open borders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSSL said:
Making immigrants get work permits and creating a legal route is not open borders.

No argument from me.

We may want to look to the north as well. Did you know that 90% of the Canadian population is amassed withing 100 miles of our border? That can't be good.  Deep thoughts from the movie "Canadian Bacon". ;D

subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Tatterdemalion said:
subllibrm said:

Wrong. It was a clear reference to the original post by FSSL stating we would get the SCOTUS fixed and the wall built. He then linked his prayer guide which clearly doesn't mention anything about a wall.

BTW the Republican have had numerous chance to "fix" the court and yet here we are. Some trust in chariots, some trust in SCOTUS appointments.  ;)

The prayer guide(s) are simply as stated...guides or encouragement to pray for our nation and our political and governmental leaders. Our church does that every year regardless of the President or party in 'power'. There is nothing spiritual about being for open borders nor is it unspiritual to believe we need to build a wall to secure our borders.

There is also nothing unspiritual about being politically informed or politically active. There is nothing spiritual about abortion...and there is only one option in our current political system to fight funding abortion.
But, you and hopeless already knew that.

And, you do realize the SC is self perpetuating and isn't permanently 'fixed' by making individual appointments.

Tarheel Baptist said:
subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Tatterdemalion said:
subllibrm said:

The prayer guide(s) are simply as stated...guides or encouragement to pray for our nation and our political and governmental leaders. Our church does that every year regardless of the President or party in 'power'. There is nothing spiritual about being for open borders nor is it unspiritual to believe we need to build a wall to secure our borders.

There is also nothing unspiritual about being politically informed or politically active. There is nothing spiritual about abortion...and there is only one option in our current political system to fight funding abortion.

And, you do realize the SC is self perpetuating and isn't permanently 'fixed' by making individual appointments.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Yet, this was the primary reason the conservative evangelical leadership by and large told us to suck it up and vote for the man . A heavy dose of fear mongering by the men who are to teach us that we are not bound to a spirit of fear.

subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Tatterdemalion said:
subllibrm said:

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Yet, this was the primary reason the conservative evangelical leadership by and large told us to suck it up and vote for the man . A heavy dose of fear mongering by the men who are to teach us that we are not bound to a spirit of fear.

You're not really that dumb...in fact, you're not dumb at all.
The point is that SC requires constant monitoring and vigilance....because any given court can do great damage that can take years to overcome.
But you already knew that....

SPLAT?...another one hit Sub's wall.  ;)

Tarheel Baptist said:
subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
subllibrm said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Tatterdemalion said:
subllibrm said:

You're not really that dumb...in fact, you're not dumb at all.
The point is that SC requires constant monitoring and vigilance....because any given court can do great damage that can take years to overcome.
But you already knew that....

SPLAT?...another one hit Sub's wall.  ;)

Are you saying that all the hand wringing and hyperbole about potential SCOTUS appointments were just politicking? Oh the humanity!

I have voted in every election since 1980 and have voted for the pro-life presidential candidate every time. It should not come as a surprise that I am a dissatisfied customer of what the Republicans have been selling.

I know, I shouldn't be too critical. After all they have all that tax cutting and deregulating to focus on.  8)

Tarheel Baptist said:
Well seeing that the kings heart is in the Lords hand, Prov 21:1, 1Tim is talking more about God's salvation  purposes.

[quote author TB]
[/quote]
Seeing all law comes from and is subject to God, so, being against abortion is being very spiritual. and the very fact that you only see one option in this, is very telling. I mean, besides your constant use of ad-homs just further proves that you are wrong in this and don't have a Biblical  solution to this matter.

Recovering IFB said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Well seeing that the kings heart is in the Lords hand, Prov 21:1, 1Tim is talking more about God's salvation  purposes.

[quote author TB]
Seeing all law comes from and is subject to God, so, being against abortion is being very spiritual. and the very fact that you only see one option in this, is very telling. I mean, besides your constant use of ad-homs just further proves that you are wrong in this and don't have a Biblical  solution to this matter.

Oh yes, the OTHER option in the abortion argument...babies die in the womb!

The article had some good points, alluding to the fact that people shouldn't trust politicians on either side of the aisle, but it had false dichotomies and over generalizations too.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Oh yes, the OTHER option in the abortion argument...babies die in the womb!
No, the other aspect in our evangelism  is not just to get people saved but to teach them to obey God( Matthew 28) in all areas of life. Ethics and government included.we get it to the point that government truly gives freedom back to the people to run their own lives. We make the government obedient to God, which it isn't now.
We make abortion a crime of murder where both mother and doctor are charged with the crimes of first degree murder, not just defund it because it will keep happening, with or without government funding.

ALAYMAN said:
The article had some good points, alluding to the fact that people shouldn't trust politicians on either side of the aisle, but it had false dichotomies and over generalizations too.
My real beef with this past election cycle was the fact that the GOP  sided with a womanizing philandering covenant breaking individual where 20 years prior we were screaming for he removal of Bill Clinton over the same issues. But now that this individual plays for "their team", well, let's not get burdened with the details. It's like complaining about sports  teams that bring on players with questionable characters,( like your Bengals ;) ) they get in all of an uproar. But they are quite when their team does it. ( like Aaron Hernandez  :eek:)
Also the fact that the same people who want smaller government don't mind givin up certain rights to have their guy in office. ( see War on Drugs and War on Terror)
As believers, we should be seeking the freedom that God gives his people rather then serving our government that is closer now to a pagan government than one based on Scripture.

Sounds like you are looking to establish the kingdom now.