Criminalizing Bus Ministries?

Smellin Coffee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
IF this is true, will churches (of West Virginia) be mandated to check the immigration status of each of their bus ministry riders or risk criminalization?

Curious...

https://twitter.com/ACLU_WV/status/1762181342874177666

ACLU of WV

@ACLU_WV

The House has passed HB 5031 which would criminalize churches who offer help like rides or lodging to undocumented immigrants. So much for religious freedom.It also puts a target on schools and first responders. Tell your senator to vote no on this massive government overreach.

IF this is true, will churches (of West Virginia) be mandated to check the immigration status of each of their bus ministry riders or risk criminalization?

Curious...

ACLU of WV

@ACLU_WV

The House has passed HB 5031 which would criminalize churches who offer help like rides or lodging to undocumented immigrants. So much for religious freedom.It also puts a target on schools and first responders. Tell your senator to vote no on this massive government overreach.
That's not how I'm reading it.

Are the bus ministries engaged in human trafficking, or are you posting alarmism again without checking the facts first?

Curious...

ACLU of WV
@ACLU_WV

Since West Virginia is Ruby red they will try to get rid of illegal immigrants until Trump is coronation as our next president then you will see massive deportations.

I was involved in the bus ministry for several years and poured my heart into it! I served as a Bus Captain as a single Navy man while stationed in San Diego and was often regarded as being among the best in history the Church's bus ministry!

I also had continual anxiety attacks worrying over potential things that could happen and how it would take only a mere accusation of impropriety and my life would be forever ruined!

The day I walked away from the bus ministry was when, as a young father, I realized there was no way in "Ache-EE-Double Hockey Sticks" that I would ever send my kids off in any church bus and started telling prospective bus parents the very same thing! The bus captain I was working with at the "Model IFB Church" was an absolute loon and he was not at all happy with me! I said "C-YA!" and took my family to the beach and made some lasting memories!

I was involved in the bus ministry for several years and poured my heart into it! I served as a Bus Captain as a single Navy man while stationed in San Diego and was often regarded as being among the best in history the Church's bus ministry!

I also had continual anxiety attacks worrying over potential things that could happen and how it would take only a mere accusation of impropriety and my life would be forever ruined!

The day I walked away from the bus ministry was when, as a young father, I realized there was no way in "Ache-EE-Double Hockey Sticks" that I would ever send my kids off in any church bus and started telling prospective bus parents the very same thing! The bus captain I was working with at the "Model IFB Church" was an absolute loon and he was not at all happy with me! I said "C-YA!" and took my family to the beach and made some lasting memories!
Love it!

what;s cool about it?...... the fact that someone realized he was not cut out... (or possibly not called) ... for a cetain type of ministry and walked away?...... or the fact that he has been using his personal dis-illusion with the bus ministry to slam and condemn all bus ministries ever since?...... ...i can see it being "cool" to cease involvement in something where you were only doing more harm than good - but many children over the years have been helped through bus type ministries and many other children... (otherwise unreachable).. have been brought to a saving knowledge of Christ..... i know because i was one of them......

what;s cool about it?...... the fact that someone realized he was not cut out... (or possibly not called) ... for a cetain type of ministry and walked away?...... or the fact that he has been using his personal dis-illusion with the bus ministry to slam and condemn all bus ministries ever since?...... ...i can see it being "cool" to cease involvement in something where you were only doing more harm than good - but many children over the years have been helped through bus type ministries and many other children... (otherwise unreachable).. have been brought to a saving knowledge of Christ..... i know because i was one of them......
Gosh look on the bright side, you could have sexually abused in SBC along with 700 other people.

Gosh look on the bright side, you could have sexually abused in SBC along with 700 other people.
you should probably read more of this forum before you attempt to make such lame and ignorant statements..... .. i was sexually abused.. . as a child... to the point of being sexually destroyed - for several years prior to being saved on a church bus at age 8.... and for a few months more after that until God saw fit to remove me from it.... ....had it not been for a school friend who was riding a church bus.... who invited me to go with her one sunday.... i might not be here today.... .

i am not going to repeat the whole story for you here....but if you want to know it has been well documented on the fff many times before for almost 20 years on the fff..... ....some of it was on old versions of the fff no longer in existence.... but a lot of it is on this forum too.... and there are many more out there in the world like me than there are those who were abused through sbc or ifb churches..... sadly most are ignored by both the world and church and never get the kind of help i did.... ...and with the growing popularity of calvinism and it;s justification of indifference towards the lost - it is unlikely that situation will ever change.....

Dude, what @aleshanee says is true. I think you do well to zip your lip and get to know the members of this forum A LOT better before you go spouting off. Frankly, your hubris get a bit tiresome.

you should probably read more of this forum before you attempt to make such lame and ignorant statements..... .. i was sexually abused.. . as a child... to the point of being sexually destroyed - for several years prior to being saved on a church bus at age 8.... and for a few months more after that until God saw fit to remove me from it.... ....had it not been for a school friend who was riding a church bus.... who invited me to go with her one sunday.... i might not be here today.... .

i am not going to repeat the whole story for you here....but if you want to know it has been well documented on the fff many times before for almost 20 years on the fff..... ....some of it was on old versions of the fff no longer in existence.... but a lot of it is on this forum too.... and there are many more out there in the world like me than there are those who were abused through sbc or ifb churches..... sadly most are ignored by both the world and church and never get the kind of help i did.... ...and with the growing popularity of calvinism and it;s justification of indifference towards the lost - it is unlikely that situation will ever change.....
Just to enlighten you, my wife was sexually abused by both her parents as a young girl. The state of Florida removed her from her parents and put her in foster homes were she has abused again and again. At 16 years old she escaped the foster home nightmare and lived on the streets and ate out of restaurant garbage cans. She was raped in a dark alley one night by a well known businessman and supposedly a Christian. She met me on line when she was 48 years old and I led her to the Lord on Christmas day 1999. We have been married 23 years. Her father was a pedafile and was incarcerated in Florida state prison for capital murder. She still has and carries the scars from the abuse from her parents.

If done properly in a healthy Church environment, yes I believe it is a good thing! As I said, I put my whole heart into the bus ministry and genuinely cared for my kids. God was at work in my life as well as my kids.

Actually, I believe there are many better alternatives that could be employed where you minister to the kids in their own neighborhoods rather than taking them across town in an overcrowded vehicle (with no A/C, and no water) that has no business whatsoever on any public road!

Fact of the matter is that far too often, the bus kids are exploited, paraded around, and discarded when they become too much trouble! Many of them just keep getting recycled through the baptistry waters and included in their outreach report!

If done properly in a healthy Church environment, yes I believe it is a good thing! As I said, I put my whole heart into the bus ministry and genuinely cared for my kids. God was at work in my life as well as my kids.

Actually, I believe there are many better alternatives that could be employed where you minister to the kids in their own neighborhoods rather than taking them across town in an overcrowded vehicle (with no A/C, and no water) that has no business whatsoever on any public road!

Fact of the matter is that far too often, the bus kids are exploited, paraded around, and discarded when they become too much trouble! Many of them just keep getting recycled through the baptistry waters and included in their outreach report!
i know what you are saying is true..... there are many out there going about the bus ministry in the wrong way and for the wrong reasons..... .. but it;s that way in any organized ministry..... there will always be those who abuse it for their own gain.... ...there are many out there who abuse the ministries i have been personally involved with too.... ...but in my view the best way to adress those problems is not to abandon the ministry altogether but to make a better effort to do it right and show how it can be done right..... ... but i also know in many cases that is easier said than done.... .and in many cases there really is a better way.....

though you may not be aware of them i have no doubt there are many out there you had a positive influence on during your years in the bus ministry..... you may never learn who they are in this life time..... but i have no doubt they all remember you... and remain very thankful you were put into their lives.....