Criminalizing Bus Ministries?

Dude, what @aleshanee says is true. I think you do well to zip your lip and get to know the members of this forum A LOT better before you go spouting off. Frankly, your hubris get a bit tiresome.
First of all I'm not spouting off. I was sharing my wife's childhood experience after aleshanee shared his experience with me. I never doubted his horrific experience. You will do well to get to know me a lot better. I will respond in kind to applicable posts of my choosing.
Oh by the way my name is not dude,
that gets old after a while.

i know what you are saying is true..... there are many out there going about the bus ministry in the wrong way and for the wrong reasons..... .. but it;s that way in any organized ministry..... there will always be those who abuse it for their own gain.... ...there are many out there who abuse the ministries i have been personally involved with too.... ...but in my view the best way to adress those problems is not to abandon the ministry altogether but to make a better effort to do it right and show how it can be done right..... ... but i also know in many cases that is easier said than done.... .and in many cases there really is a better way.....

though you may not be aware of them i have no doubt there are many out there you had a positive influence on during your years in the bus ministry..... you may never learn who they are in this life time..... but i have no doubt they all remember you... and remain very thankful you were put into their lives.....
Believe me, If it were possible for me to bring about any change, I would have done so and may have stuck around. They were too far into the Jack Hyles/Wally Beebe mindset and I would have been burned at the stake for questioning their tactics! I did so anyway and quickly found myself on the outside looking in. In Lancaster, CA, I was a "nobody" and had no say in the matter whatsoever!

As a captain, my bus route was in one of the San Diego Navy Housing areas so the parents of the kids I picked up were my fellow enlisted peers (my economic equals and of whom I could easily converse). I also had many friends living there and could've easily used someone's garage to have a "Children's Church" that everyone could've easily walked to and parents could easily oversee what was going on. As I said, such thinking was HERETICAL among the "Bus Crowd!"

I am sure there will be some that I will meet in heaven and I do look forward to meeting them! Thanks for the encouragement!

i know what you are saying is true..... there are many out there going about the bus ministry in the wrong way and for the wrong reasons..... .. but it;s that way in any organized ministry..... there will always be those who abuse it for their own gain.... ...there are many out there who abuse the ministries i have been personally involved with too.... ...but in my view the best way to adress those problems is not to abandon the ministry altogether but to make a better effort to do it right and show how it can be done right..... ... but i also know in many cases that is easier said than done.... .and in many cases there really is a better way.....

though you may not be aware of them i have no doubt there are many out there you had a positive influence on during your years in the bus ministry..... you may never learn who they are in this life time..... but i have no doubt they all remember you... and remain very thankful you were put into their lives.....
A+++

Yes, I have worked the bus ministry for over 20 years. There are right ways and wrong ways to do all ministries. Well said Aleshanee.

The last church I was affiliated with quit the bus ministry. With the advent of stolen pricy catalytic converters and stolen gas it was not economically feasible anymore.

The last church I was affiliated with quit the bus ministry. With the advent of stolen pricy catalytic converters and stolen gas it was not economically feasible anymore.
Most buses these days run on diesel which used to be more economically viable. I would love to get an older bus with a 12V Cummins diesel and turn it into a "Schoolie" to live out my retirement years!

Newer diesel engines have all of the DPF and other junk that make them downright unreliable and expensive to maintain! Trucks with the older pre-smog diesel engines are worth their weight in gold these days but they are not allowed in California and AOC and her ilk are trying to outlaw them elsewhere. Along with the skyrocketing price of diesel makes trucking unsustainable for the little guy and will eventually become an economic killer for everyone!

But yes, there are other ways to evangelize kids. I could not imagine anyone these days just sending off their kids in a Church bus though! Parents hardly let their pre-teen kids out of their sight as it is! I know I could never ask a parent to allow their kids to ride a bus full of ghetto kids who would probably bully and beat up those who were more vulnerable (this was the situation of which I was speaking of - nice, well-behaved kids had no business on a bus with kids who had parents who were crackheads, dad was likely in prison, being raised by a welfare mom, and in and out of the foster system!

Actually, if you want to reach kids, perhaps that last group would be the best way! Take in some foster kids and teach them the fear of the Lord! We did that for the last few years I was out in California and am still in touch with a few who came through our home.

Aleshanee, I don't know what happened to your post about your dad's Grand Wagoneer but it reminded me of Jo Koy's story about a "Brand New, Two-Tousand-Tree, Toyota Tacoma! CHERRY! Leep-ted! Leep-ted!" :ROFLMAO:

I'd post the YouTube link but Jo Koy has a foul mouth and dropping the F-Bomb! My wife and I are good friends with his mother though. You can find it easily enough though.

Aleshanee, I don't know what happened to your post about your dad's Grand Wagoneer but it reminded me of Jo Koy's story about a "Brand New, Two-Tousand-Tree, Toyota Tacoma! CHERRY! Leep-ted! Leep-ted!" :ROFLMAO:

I'd post the YouTube link but Jo Koy has a foul mouth and dropping the F-Bomb! My wife and I are good friends with his mother though. You can find it easily enough though.
i deleted it.... :confused:... i get into phases where i say too much sometimes... .not sure that was one of them... but it felt like it for a moment.... ..we really miss that old truck though.... .we can;t take my sisters suburban into places we took that thing... and the other old jeep we have can;t carry as much... plus it;s getting to be a pain to keep fixing too.... even with lots of spare parts available.....

Most buses these days run on diesel which used to be more economically viable. I would love to get an older bus with a 12V Cummins diesel and turn it into a "Schoolie" to live out my retirement years!

Newer diesel engines have all of the DPF and other junk that make them downright unreliable and expensive to maintain! Trucks with the older pre-smog diesel engines are worth their weight in gold these days but they are not allowed in California and AOC and her ilk are trying to outlaw them elsewhere. Along with the skyrocketing price of diesel makes trucking unsustainable for the little guy and will eventually become an economic killer for everyone!

But yes, there are other ways to evangelize kids. I could not imagine anyone these days just sending off their kids in a Church bus though! Parents hardly let their pre-teen kids out of their sight as it is! I know I could never ask a parent to allow their kids to ride a bus full of ghetto kids who would probably bully and beat up those who were more vulnerable (this was the situation of which I was speaking of - nice, well-behaved kids had no business on a bus with kids who had parents who were crackheads, dad was likely in prison, being raised by a welfare mom, and in and out of the foster system!

Actually, if you want to reach kids, perhaps that last group would be the best way! Take in some foster kids and teach them the fear of the Lord! We did that for the last few years I was out in California and am still in touch with a few who came through our home.
This is a Caterpillar V12 diesel engine. I was the chief manufacturing programming engineer on this product line.

Attachments

• 20170413_135129_001.jpg
    20170413_135129_001.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 1
This discussion brought Amy Carmichael to mind. She founded the Dohnavur Mission primarily to minister to children in India, and specifically to rescue them from the abuses they suffered as temple prostitutes and as the children thereof.

I read the biography written by Elisabeth Eliott years ago.