Famous Quotes

“Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.” - John F. Kennedy

"We must adjust to changing times and still hold to unchanging principles." Jimmy Carter

“You aren't learning anything when you're talking.” - Lyndon B. Johnson

“People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook. I earned everything I've got.” - Richard M. Nixon

“A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.” - Gerald Ford

“It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.” - Ronald Reagan

He sure had a way with words!!! I remember that when I was in college, he came and spoke on campus when he was running for his first term. I wish he was around today!

He sure had a way with words!!! I remember that when I was in college, he came and spoke on campus when he was running for his first term. I wish he was around today!
Reagan is the first president I have any memory of. (Carter was president when I was born, but Reagan took office when I was just a year old.) I was pretty young when Reagan was president, but I do remember a few events on TV news that my parents were watching.

Reagan is the first president I have any memory of. (Carter was president when I was born, but Reagan took office when I was just a year old.) I was pretty young when Reagan was president, but I do remember a few events on TV news that my parents were watching.
I had the privilege of voting for him in 84.

"If you want to make enemies, try to change something." Woodrow Wilson

“When I took office, only high energy physicists had ever heard of what is called the Worldwide Web... Now even my cat has its own page.” - William J. Clinton

“When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive.” - George W. Bush

“I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that's not what America's about. Usually, our constitutions expand liberties, they don't contract them.” - Barack Obama

Not that famous but a great quote

Truth by definition is exclusive. If truth were all-inclusive, nothing would be false. Dr. Walter Martin, Kingdom of the Cults.

"he chose .. poorly..."

templar knight guarding the grail -
- in the movie - the last crusade....

and yes..... the thread about Jesus visiting england and the resulting discussion on the authurian legend made me think of that...

“What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.” - Donald Trump

If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.
– Joe Biden

To African-American radio host Charlamagne Tha God. His remarks were criticized for being offensive, demeaning and dumb. He later admitted he shouldn’t have been such a wise guy.