Hacker Trivia!!

Tennessean said:
RAIDER said:
"What was the award called that was given out by the CLA at Pastor's School?"

The Jack Hyles Defender of Freedom Award.

As a kid, I never could figure out why someone would want a silver plate.................  Can they melt it down and sell it for cash???

Tennessean said:
RAIDER said:

Was it the "Jack Hyles Defender of Freedom" award or was it the "Jack Hyles Defender of the Faith" award?

Tennessean said:
What did David Gibbs give Dr. Hyles at the 1990 Pastors School for standing against the attack of Robert L. Sumner?

Don't remember this one.

Tennessean said:
What was the name of the song sung over & over & over & over at the 1990 Pastors School?

Was that one: "Thank you for being a friend" or whatever the little diddy was titled.

Tennessean said:
What did David Gibbs give Dr. Hyles at the 1990 Pastors School for standing against the attack of Robert L. Sumner?

A trophy that was about seven feet tall, give or take...

Binaca Chugger said:
Tennessean said:
What was the name of the song sung over & over & over & over at the 1990 Pastors School?

Was that one: "Thank you for being a friend" or whatever the little diddy was titled.

Thank you for being a friend
Always a friend to the end
Showing that love doth transcend
So thank you, God bless you
For being a friend

I remember around '90 when the "battle was raging" during the Monday welcome as we left the Fellowship Hall, we got to vote FOR or AGAINST the Old Time Religion. they had a great big box for the yes votes and a very small one if you dare vote against.

Tom Brennan said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Tennessean said:

For being a friend

I think I still have the sheet music in a piano bench, somewhere.

RAIDER said:
Tennessean said:
RAIDER said:

Was it the "Jack Hyles Defender of Freedom" award or was it the "Jack Hyles Defender of the Faith" award?

Don't remember, It had something to do with Jack Hyles and Freedom.

prophet said:
Tennessean said:
It's Still The Blood

That song was featured at the 1992 Pastor's School.

About 1990 there was a fellow who sang in the men's tour group who was a huge fan of the Inspirations. He got Jack Patterson to let them learn it and sing it. It was not a song the HAC music department picked for the group to sing. They felt it was too southern gospel, i.e. shallow.

Dr. Hyles heard them sing it. He loved it and soon the church choir had picked it up. I even think Dr. Cowling's group sang it. Anyway. Dr. Hyles built the 1992 Pastor's School around it.

btw, That PS has a great Hylander Tale involving Jack Schaap. Soon as I have time I'll post it.

Binaca Chugger said:
Tom Brennan said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Tennessean said:

For being a friend

I think I still have the sheet music in a piano bench, somewhere.
we don't share the same piano bench, do we?!?!?!?!??!?

"In the early/mid '80s what college teacher sang the most solos in HAC chapel?"

Baptist City Holdout said:
RAIDER said:
"In the early/mid '80s what college teacher sang the most solos in HAC chapel?"

Dan Daniels?
He certainly sang the most after Stansell left.