How did you choose your username?

cast.sheep

Elect
Reaction score
I would be curious to know how all of you chose your username.  Why is Raider RAIDER? Fishin' Nut? (probably self-explanatory) Patriotic? Citadel of Truth? etc. 

Let's hear the stories.....

Well......since I'd rather be fishin' any day & all day. But also because when I can't get a line in the water then there a few days, to this day& including today, that I cannot find some way to be involved in fishing of men.

Thanks for the honorable mention.

Well, I picked my username because I closely follow the Citadel Bulldogs from the local Military College of South Carolina. They pretty much never win, especially in football, but the price of admission is pretty cheap and I like to watch college sports. Occasionally they'll play a nationally recognized school. That's always fun to watch.

The "of Truth" part of the name was chosen because I am seldom if ever wrong. At least that's my story...

Mine is the user ID assigned to me back in JuCo to log into their system.

FSSL because KJVOs couldn't spell FreeSundaySchoolLessons. Lol!!

FSSL said:
Oh, you're so MEAN spirited! :eek:

I wonder how admin chose its name.

16KJV11 said:
FSSL said:
Oh, you're so MEAN spirited! :eek:
LOL! They shortened it on the other forum. So, I just adapted to it. :) True story!

rsc2a said:
I wonder how admin chose its name.
"IT" chooses the admin. Admin did not choose. :)

Seriously though, since admin is ID 1 in the database, I should delete the user. If this was a WordPress site, then I definitely would.

aleshanee said:
it;s my real middle name...... given by my navajo grandmother......

One statement followed by two questions, if I may.

That is a beautiful name.

How do you pronounce it?

What does it mean?

To quote a Barbara Mandrell song (kinda):  I was patriotic when [being] patriotic wasn't cool.

Actually, when I joined the forum after reading posts as a guest for several weeks, I was sitting in a room with Americana/patriotic decor.  As I tried to think of an inconspicuous user name, I glanced around the room thinking, and there was my answer since I am a very patriotic person.

What's your story? 

Nice.

aleshanee said:
Citadel of Truth said:
aleshanee said:
it;s my real middle name...... given by my navajo grandmother......

One statement followed by two questions, if I may.

That is a beautiful name.

How do you pronounce it?

What does it mean?

thank you......:)

the traditional way to pronounce it is with a minor emphasis on the second syllable... then separate the last 2 vowels with the major emphasis on the last syllable.....  ...... kind of like this......... ah - l ay' - sh aa - n ah'e" ........ but nowdays most people.... including myself...... just pronounces it as ... ah - l eh - sh aa' - n ee ....... with the emphasis on the third syllable and the last 2 vowels pronounced together as in the word "knee"......

it means "she plays all the time"..... or .. "she always plays".......  :)

aleshanee said:

the traditional way to pronounce it is with a minor emphasis on the second syllable... then separate the last 2 vowels with the major emphasis on the last syllable.....  ...... kind of like this......... ah - l ay' - sh aa - n ah'e" ........ but nowdays most people.... including myself...... just pronounces it as ... ah - l eh - sh aa' - n ee ....... with the emphasis on the third syllable and the last 2 vowels pronounced together as in the word "knee"......

it means "she plays all the time"..... or .. "she always plays".......  :)

Thank you; that's very interesting.

patriotic said:
To quote a Barbara Mandrell song (kinda):  I was patriotic when [being] patriotic wasn't cool.

Actually, when I joined the forum after reading posts as a guest for several weeks, I was sitting in a room with Americana/patriotic decor.  As I tried to think of an inconspicuous user name, I glanced around the room thinking, and there was my answer since I am a very patriotic person.

What's your story?

A cast sheep is a sheep that has laid down and can’t get up because its center of gravity is off – sometimes because it’s too heavy, or it becomes too comfortable, or simply because it has a full fleece. Once down, gasses start to build up in their abdomen and they can die in a matter of hours. It is also vulnerable to predators when in this position.  It is completely helpless and unable to recover without it's shepherd's help. 

I am that cast sheep.  Helpless and unable to recover without my Shepherd.  He is the Good Shepherd and He keeps His watchful eye on me at all times.

cast.sheep said:
patriotic said:

What's your story?

A cast sheep is a sheep that has laid down and can’t get up because its center of gravity is off – sometimes because it’s too heavy, or it becomes too comfortable, or simply because it has a full fleece. Once down, gasses start to build up in their abdomen and they can die in a matter of hours. It is also vulnerable to predators when in this position.  It is completely helpless and unable to recover without it's shepherd's help. 

I am that cast sheep.  Helpless and unable to recover without my Shepherd.  He is the Good Shepherd and He keeps His watchful eye on me at all times.

If you haven't read Philip Keller's book A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 do yourself a favor and get it. It is absolutely outstanding. That is where I first heard that term.

Each letter represents the Initial of each of my children

This may get wordy.  :)

I am a proud Cajun that was born and raised in the heart of Cajun country, South West Louisiana.  If you aren't from here you probably think that everyone in Louisiana is a Cajun, which is false.  I do not try explaining it to people that aren't from here because they never get it. 

I have worked in the Oil Field my entire life, 2 weeks after I graduated from High School, I found my self on a deep water drilling rig.  It seemed everyone in the Oil Field called each other "Bruh" and still do today, hence my name "Bruh". 

I could go on about the Cajun people and the Oil Field but will not bore you.  :)

I need to git me some more of those Boudin and Cracklins! I LOVE the foods of South Louisiana!