How did you choose your username?

I worked for a shipping company while I was in college. The other guys there called me "Boomer" (it is a play on my last name). The nickname stuck and I use it for just about any anonymous account or forum.

Boomer said:
I worked for a shipping company while I was in college. The other guys there called me "Boomer" (it is a play on my last name). The nickname stuck and I use it for just about any anonymous account or forum.

Well, I would have lost a bet. I assumed that you were an Oklahoma Sooner fan.

Citadel of Truth said:
Boomer said:

C'mon, Man! Look at my profile picture! That would be a picture of the Michigan Wolverines destroying Syracuse in the Final Four (Let's not talk about football).

Boomer said:
Citadel of Truth said:
Boomer said:

C'mon, Man! Look at my profile picture! That would be a picture of the Michigan Wolverines destroying Syracuse in the Final Four (Let's not talk about football).

I just assumed that you were a transplanted Okie who moved to Minnesota. I agree, let's not talk about football. My Dogs aren't doing too well.

Citadel of Truth said:
Boomer said:
Citadel of Truth said:
Boomer said:

I just assumed that you were a transplanted Okie who moved to Minnesota. I agree, let's not talk about football. My Dogs aren't doing too well.

Lake Wobegon, Minnesota is a fictional place. It was invented by Garrison Keillor on his radio variety show "A Prairie-Home Companion."  ;)

I grew up in Michigan (the Upper Peninsula) and I now reside in Illinois.

Matthew 13:23  8)

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Boomer said:
Citadel of Truth said:
Boomer said:
Citadel of Truth said:
Boomer said:

Lake Wobegon, Minnesota is a fictional place. It was invented by Garrison Keillor on his radio variety show "A Prairie-Home Companion."  ;)

I have a CD of the Yoopers! It is hilarious!  "Du turdy point buck"

BALAAM said:
Bruh said:
BALAAM said:
Bruh said:
This may get wordy.  :)

I am a proud Cajun that was born and raised in the heart of Cajun country, South West Louisiana.  If you aren't from here you probably think that everyone in Louisiana is a Cajun, which is false.  I do not try explaining it to people that aren't from here because they never get it. 

I have worked in the Oil Field my entire life, 2 weeks after I graduated from High School, I found my self on a deep water drilling rig.  It seemed everyone in the Oil Field called each other "Bruh" and still do today, hence my name "Bruh". 

I could go on about the Cajun people and the Oil Field but will not bore you.  :)

Ever been to Cameron?

Yes sir! I sure have.  I use to catch a boat to do work on Platforms.

Cameron, Grand Chenier, Pecan Island: I visited Louisiana and went to all of the tourist spots! I like the country down there.

You sir, have been to Cajun Country. 

FYI, Cajun people are not from Baton Rouge or New Orleans.  :)

mrbillbus spelled backwards

Bruh said:
BALAAM said:
Bruh said:
BALAAM said:
Bruh said:
This may get wordy.  :)

I am a proud Cajun that was born and raised in the heart of Cajun country, South West Louisiana.  If you aren't from here you probably think that everyone in Louisiana is a Cajun, which is false.  I do not try explaining it to people that aren't from here because they never get it. 

I have worked in the Oil Field my entire life, 2 weeks after I graduated from High School, I found my self on a deep water drilling rig.  It seemed everyone in the Oil Field called each other "Bruh" and still do today, hence my name "Bruh". 

I could go on about the Cajun people and the Oil Field but will not bore you.  :)

Ever been to Cameron?

Yes sir! I sure have.  I use to catch a boat to do work on Platforms.

Cameron, Grand Chenier, Pecan Island: I visited Louisiana and went to all of the tourist spots! I like the country down there.

You sir, have been to Cajun Country. 

FYI, Cajun people are not from Baton Rouge or New Orleans.  :)

NEVER EVER will I go down there again without a fishing pole. I saw people stopped all over by the side of the road in a pond or canal just fishing! I love it!

BALAAM said:
Boomer said:
Citadel of Truth said:
Boomer said:
Citadel of Truth said:
Boomer said:

Da Yoopers!!!  :D You should also listen to the "Rusty Chevrolet" song (to the tune of jingle bells)

Matthew1323 said:
Matthew 13:23  8)

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

At the prior IFBx church, this passage is all about winning souls, and if you didn't have a good "string of fish", you were worthless scum and excluded.

Well, Walt is my name... had I made up a name here, I think I would use something like "Recipient of Grace"

Boomer said:
BALAAM said:
Boomer said:
Citadel of Truth said:
Boomer said:
Citadel of Truth said:
Boomer said:

Da Yoopers!!!  :D You should also listen to the "Rusty Chevrolet" song (to the tune of jingle bells)

Oh I have listened to it. Along with "Grandpa got ran over by a beer truck."

Well, our clan was nestled around the viewing screen in our domain and watching captured galactic video streams from other planets.  Our favorite stream was the earth program "X-Files".  We laughed and laughed at the two earthlings Scully and Mulder trying to find "aliens"!  What comedy!

And then I saw a...what do you call it...a "commercial" for butter.  We downloaded a recipe and replicated it and after the first taste I yelled out, "I Found Butter!"

So when I discovered your quaint way of typed communication here on this forum, naturally the name that came to mind was IFB X-Files.  No big mystery really.

It's what I call my daughter and a year that won't be forgotten

Sherryh  Sherry is my real name and h is the first letter of my married name.  I didn't put a capital on it no reason given.
I just want to let each one of you know how much you have touched my life. I almost didn't read this thread but I'm so glad I did.  no value when I read your post I was in tears...it's unbelieveable to have a pastor call you from the pulpit no value. I hope you and your family never forget but never give that pastor permission to determine what you become.

Tom Brennan said:
cast.sheep said:
patriotic said:
To quote a Barbara Mandrell song (kinda):  I was patriotic when [being] patriotic wasn't cool.

Actually, when I joined the forum after reading posts as a guest for several weeks, I was sitting in a room with Americana/patriotic decor.  As I tried to think of an inconspicuous user name, I glanced around the room thinking, and there was my answer since I am a very patriotic person.

What's your story?

A cast sheep is a sheep that has laid down and can’t get up because its center of gravity is off – sometimes because it’s too heavy, or it becomes too comfortable, or simply because it has a full fleece. Once down, gasses start to build up in their abdomen and they can die in a matter of hours. It is also vulnerable to predators when in this position.  It is completely helpless and unable to recover without it's shepherd's help. 

I am that cast sheep.  Helpless and unable to recover without my Shepherd.  He is the Good Shepherd and He keeps His watchful eye on me at all times.

If you haven't read Philip Keller's book A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 do yourself a favor and get it. It is absolutely outstanding. That is where I first heard that term.

I LOVE this book!  It is also where I first heard the term.  Don Boyd gave me the book and I have read it at least a dozen times.  It completely changed my view and understanding of Christ as my Shepherd.  If you struggle with feeling loved, personally, by God, read this book.  It will help. 

Recovering from the cesspool of FBC/HAC is an every day battle. I'm better than I used to be... but continually catch myself in a battle of reprogramming my mind.

recoveringhylander said:
Recovering from the cesspool of FBC/HAC is an every day battle. I'm better than I used to be... but continually catch myself in a battle of reprogramming my mind.
I feel your pain.